Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a patio)
    #1971431 - 10/01/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you were starting a new garden, what all would you grow?

You have an area 10' x 10'. You can use shelves, pots on the ground, and hanging pots, but aren't looking to turn it into a jungle.

Nearly one half gets most of full day of sun, part gets a partial day, and the back corner gets little to none.

Plants that combine beauty (although I know this is in the eye of the beholder, I'm speaking of plants that could be passed off simply as ornamental to the casual observer) and function are a plus.

This can also be a launching pad for plants that may take a while to mature, or just getting them started, as within 1 year, a yard will become available that will be their future home.

The climate is nearly subtropical. Texas Gulf coast, near Houston. Blazing summers and mild winters. 95+ F in summer, and 40-60 F in winter, though freezes do happen, they aren't often. High humidity.

Any ideas?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a patio) [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1971583 - 10/02/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Personally, I'd turn it into a poppy garden. Their flowers are beautiful, and at a glance they just look like ornamental poppies.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a patio) [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1971830 - 10/02/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Place some nice cacti in the part where is sun for thw whole day. San pedro's , peyotes etc
maybe some Sceletium tortuosum.

in the half-shade part some HBWR an morning glory's. some poppies would be nice too(or should poppies be placed in full sun?)

In the full shade part: Salvia divinorum and maybe a mushroom patch :grin:

and maybe here and there some DMT containing Phlaris Arundica(sp?) to fill things up.

damn I want to have a garden too :tongue:

InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a patio) [Re: stefan]
    #1971982 - 10/02/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The poppies  would be fine in full sun as long as they're getting watered enough, and you probably wouldn't wanna try to germinate t hem there, it would definitely be a better place for a nice couple of cacti...but it is starting to cool off...and I'd personally try to pack as many poppies as I could in there, but thats because I fancy the opiates, you might not. I like the idea of some HWBR or Morning Glory, one could even save space using a trelace of some sort, so as the vines may climb up it, keeping things less crowded.
And if you have some extra space, plant some grapes, homegrown grapes are fantastic, if you can get to them before the birds :smile:

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1972337 - 10/02/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'd plant some lavendar, lamb's ears, St. John's Wort, Absinthe in addition to all of those. As well as those poppies can be in full sun as long as the seeds were laid down in the correct part of the year such that the seedlings aren't receiving direct scorching heat.

also why not plant some [urlhttp://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Garden&Number=1683589]bonsai[/url] plants?  :grin:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: neuro]
    #1972368 - 10/02/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i'd throw salvias around the little lighted corners and cacti under the full sun!
preferrably planted in the ground, no pot shit!

FH

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: felixhigh]
    #1972504 - 10/02/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How would Sceletium and Banisteriopsis caapi do here?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1972590 - 10/02/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to get a 12'x20' greenhouse in the near future. I'm going to grow:
Chacruna
B. caapi
D. metel
Brugmansia
canna
san pedro
peyote
khat
HBWR
Syrian rue
ginseng
ginger
mandrake
yopo
and other medicinal and entheogenic plants

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Loc: earth
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: Funguy]
    #1978937 - 10/04/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

LOL... good plant suggestions. My folks live in the H-town area. The have a coulpe of types of mint herbs and some basil plants around the driveway, a fig tree in the yard, and a veggie garden behind the garage. Not exactly the same kind of usefulness, but useful none the less.

You should note, if your patio is cement/concrete, the blazing Texas sun will heat it up quite a bit. The ambient temp around that general area can be 10 to 20 degrees hotter than the normal temp.... so pick strong species that can survive such a hot climate.

OfflineLawrence
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada, Qc
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: gtivr6mk4]
    #1979254 - 10/04/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dunno

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: Lawrence]
    #1982076 - 10/05/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you could plant ten peyote buttons, five decent san pedros, two walls of climbing MG (in shade), a datura of any variety, a small enough long bed of poppies (a big long planter raised) and put holders for poted plants on all four sides to accomodate some phalaris grass, and make a patio seat with flourescent lights attatched to the lid (four footers with reflective white paint) and use two slots in it to controll heat with a light trap and paint it with flowers- run the cords in a rubber garden hose and plant several small sea of green plants. You may also bea ble to fit in some assorted unmentionables if you know what the fuck you are doing and oh yeah baby- it can be done.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinegtivr6mk4
dankaholic

Loc: earth
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1982095 - 10/05/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wish I had a yard... or outdoor grow space....

I guess I could do some work out in the 'rent's yard, but the "assorted unmentionables" :laugh: would be out of the question.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1983029 - 10/06/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
How would Sceletium and Banisteriopsis caapi do here?

I think sceletium would grow fine, dn't know about the caapi.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a pa [Re: stefan]
    #1986258 - 10/07/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck growing khat. Seed propigation sucks, and can't buy em anymore. I wish I could find one.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #1986261 - 10/07/03 06:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You know, for simplicity's sake, cacti are the most powerful and easiest entheogens to grow in the world. A few Torch, Pedros, Peyotes, and such can yield much great fun and knowledge in a few years. They also can easily be rooted from cuttings taken, and so be propagated in perpetuitie. I recommend cacti! Huh huh.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder