Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKodama
Stranger
North washington hunters (also ID please)
    #1985675 - 10/07/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guys i am new here and i see a lot of you are from the PNW/ seattle area. Just wondering if anyone is up a little further north, like arlington/marysvile. Also, anyone know of any good parks to search in this area? Mostly looking for actives but lately i've become pretty interested in both actives  :mushroom2: and even non actives.

Anyway, found a few shrooms around here that i have identified as pan. fo. (i am pretty new at this so if its wrong i wouldn't be suprised :smile: )  Heres a description and some pics

Habitat: growing on a lawn that is well kept
Gils: dark brown (they are much darker than what the pictures make them look) appear to be non attached
cap: probably about 1/2 to 1" in diameter, stem 2-3 inches
stem: whitish colored, not too thick, solid if i remember correctly
Cap: 3 colored bands, best way i can describe is like a medium brown in the middle, then a very light brown, then a dark brown for the edge
Spore Print: It was a dark color, it didn't turn out very well but it seemed to be a dark dark brownish color (sorry i cant give any more detail :frown: )
Bruise: at the very base of the stem there appeared to be VERY SLIGHT blueish bruising, but i could be crazy
Smell: Like a normal mushroom

Hope this made for a good first post! sorry the pics aren't better quality, and again the gills were much darker looking than the picture shows.

thanks in advance for the replies! 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: North washington hunters (also ID please) [Re: Kodama]
    #1985727 - 10/07/03 02:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Those are Panaeolus foenisecii... !

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: North washington hunters (also ID please) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1985881 - 10/07/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

rule number 1

do not give away spots

see i got many spots i know ud have good luck at, but ud bring ur friend and hed brbing his friend then theirs crowds of people destroying the habbitat.. ye i learned the hard way :P lost my best area for them ..this place was flushing like crazy so i was like theirs 1000x more here then ill ever need so i told a friend, and the cycle went on now a buncha highschoolers raid that park looking for shroom cultures they made sure to destroy 2 years ago lol

*Seattle Kids Give No Info!*

sorry but i cant trust anyone with my shrines anymore :frown: hehe, the popular spots u may ghave a chance of finding them at is Discovery Park(nseattle-magnolia), The Arberedum(right where the university and central district meets) and the lil parks like buissnessman downtown with nice bark barrels.

these spots are knowen to just about every picker in seattle tho :frown: if i told u a good one then theird be another 'hot spot' :P

g'luck tho man *hint* plant santuary type places where they always lay down bark to help out the surrounding plants.. the 3 i know of produce about 1000cyans a year latly.. few years back it was about 3000 (we need more rain and less ametures :frown: )

g'luck :laugh:
dont find them they will find u :wink: follow the vibes  and if ur ever in seattle me and a few psychonauts will show u a nice place :smile:

i hear skagit county and vashion island has more picking then seattle last years. thats 1 problem with th einformation the shroomery spreads :frown: always gets into the wrong hands and then theirs everybody looking for shroom no matter who lol, i remember a 5 years back none of the less educated even knew about them, it was a park secret and then their were older people who knew and picking um for years but if u get me the mass population of highschool kids wasnt on the prowl then, infact the first patch of cyans i ever found bout 6 years ago was right infront of a highschool smoking section, bastards were clueless hehe:)

o well it just drives me crazy when the ill informed are runing around the mushroom shrines,like these one fucks, i walked passed them they were like.. "shroom pickin" of course :laugh: asked them how their luck was and they asked me how much i knew about mushrooms, thinking they were smart and needed some detail info on potency or somthing i started going off about my history with pick/growing/ingesting psylocybin ..
and then they pull out the shrooms they found, 2 species, 1 a serious liver toxin and they alrdy had ingested 4 each.. (on takes a cap to cause liver faliur in certaint individuals.) i told them they just ate poison and needed to throw it up,, but they called me ignorent , trying to steal their shrooms etc,(my patch was behind a tree right where they were big mature patch to i saw a couple picked a threw to the ground i guess they thought the cyans were the bad ones.. i left um started walking back up the trail and i was like head my warning thoes mushrooms were toxic "what do u mean we had some 'last year' that looked just like this" i muttered yet similar.. he pointed out his friends "they dont even feel sick stop bsin us" liver toxicty taste 2 days to set in so i hope they ended up feeling bad or somthin. i even offered them some real cyans and they thought i was trying to trade real for fake lol

RAMBLE ON

hehe sorry i get carried away on the subject of the hunt :laugh:

Edited by LCid (10/07/03 03:41 AM)

OfflineKodama
Stranger
Re: North washington hunters (also ID please) [Re: LCid]
    #1988475 - 10/07/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Also, is pan. fo. active? sorry if its a noob question i just wasn't 100% sure :smile:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: North washington hunters (also ID please) [Re: Kodama]
    #1989211 - 10/08/03 05:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

no it is not. there has been much confusion on the subject in the past though and many guides will still list it as toxic/psychoactive.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineKodama
Stranger
Re: North washington hunters (also ID please) [Re: canid]
    #1989486 - 10/08/03 10:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yup thats what i have read as well, thanks for the info!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification