Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
being impeccable with your word
    #1983132 - 10/06/03 03:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think a lot more can be enjoyed out of life from just being impeccable with your word. I think we would fuction at a better rate if we don't use what we say against other people or ourselves. a lot of the times we hide feelings inside and don't express ourselves, or sometimes we get caught up in judgement and we say things that we don't mean. 

If we use our word to be honest, a lot of the barriers that we hold up in front of each other would fall away.  It's so much easier to communicate with someone that you know wouldn't judge you but at the same time be honest. I noticed that a lot of people use their word to manipulate others and this only complicates things.

then again looking around I don't see a whole lot of people who actually are interested in being honest. they'd rather create lies or get too offensive and where does that ever get us?

I mean I know I judge too, but at least I really try hard not to, and when someone says something mean to me, I try not to take it personally.  when we take things personally we create needless suffering for ourselves.  and besides, nothing that people do or say is because of you, it's because of them. it's been coming easier to not judge and this in turn makes it really easy to be honest and open.

I think that when we can put these ideas of oneness into action, aka using our language to get over these "differences" a lot of turmoil could be alleviated. again though in order to do this is to be honest, as I am doing now :smile:     

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: being impeccable with your word [Re: kaiowas]
    #1983154 - 10/06/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
when we take things personally we create needless suffering for ourselves.

Yep. And I might add that all suffering is needless. It is only us that create suffering for ourselves; there isn't anything in the world that creates suffering besides the human mind.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1985164 - 10/06/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i completely agree. its kinda hard to get angry with people now. i kinda feel their pain. i mean, sometimes i react with my own anger. but i calm myself down, and put myself in their shoes.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: being impeccable with your word [Re: entiformatie]
    #1985431 - 10/06/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I hear what you are saying.

There are a lot of things that people do with language that I think are bad.

I would like to see people who are always brutally honest with each other and never use sarcasm.

I once read a quote that said (paraphrasing) "we won't understand each other until language is reduced to seven words." My interpretation is this: If you listen and I mean really listen to someone talk, they almost always say very little with many, many words.
eg
How was dinner?
It was horrible, the worst meal ever, I'll never eat there again.
translation = bad

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1985539 - 10/06/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Stripping away our preconcieved notions and coming to know.  I think one of the saddest things that has happened over the last 50 years has been our disconnection as a society.

We have been conditioned through media, corporations and advertising as to what should be pleasing.. what the typical bad guy looks like..  the perfect woman, a loser and so on and so forth. 

Subconsciously, I believe, we prejudge if we do not live in an awareness that asks us to question our progress as peers.  Hell, I rarely talk to the people milling about me.  But I do question my inner monologe.  However, with the constant assault on our senses and the relative lack of human connectedness..  I think it makes it easier for people to escape into judgement of other or false reality (lies and manipulation).

I think the collective psyche is cracking.

when we take things personally we create needless suffering for ourselves. and besides, nothing that people do or say is because of you, it's because of them. it's been coming easier to not judge and this in turn makes it really easy to be honest and open.

I think that human beings need to "take things personally".  Regardless of what you believe, religionwise, empathy is the ultimate goal.

Definitions:
1. Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives.
n:understanding and entering into another's feelings

If we are all one, coming from one source, then understanding each other and the interconnectedness of all is paramount.  To do that, I think we must strive to understand ourselves and others personally.  If we can truly empathize with that person, then it becomes moot to judge and easier to experience true human connection.  Language is so imperfect.

My .02

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: being impeccable with your word [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1986000 - 10/07/03 02:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"I think that human beings need to "take things personally" Regardless of what you believe, religionwise, empathy is the ultimate goal."

if we take things personally though, we continue the illusion of being seperate because we judge ourselves. I guess what I mean by "taking things personally" is more focused on taking offense to what someone says or a certain situation. not a thing a person does is because of you, it is because of the world that they choose to live in.

I agree with having empathy because when we choose to understand someone or a situation, we are not trying to be seperate from others and thus not creating an "us versus them" mindset.

"There are a lot of things that people do with language that I think are bad.

I would like to see people who are always brutally honest with each other and never use sarcasm"

I don't think honesty is brutal. when we are brutal, sarcasm and name calling can come into play. we should be honest, but at the same time get rid of an edgyness that may apply to their feelings. I know in countless debates (model UN for example) I have seen people be honest, but their mindset was so much on being "right" that they forget that they are talking to another person and thus taking a debate to a new level which is argument. there's integrity that needs to be involved with honesty.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1986819 - 10/07/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think one of the saddest things that has happened over the last 50 years has been our disconnection as a society.

I agree, though I think it goes back farther. Ever since the industrial revolution families and communities have been dispersing. Nowadays it almost seems accepted that families undergo their own diaspora, spreading from New York to California. We talk a lot about this in my family, wondering if we might all manage to settle in the same area.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: being impeccable with your word [Re: hongomon]
    #1987141 - 10/07/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm working on a book about this. I'm trying to reconstruct the whole concept of how our society has changed through lack of spoken word.. lack of family and peer ties.

Even my own family is so dispersed and I find myself as a human, wanting to return to the tribe.. except the tribe isnt even existant in reality, everyone has gone their own way. They have also grown apart, we have truly become individual in the grand scheme of things. We no longer share our experiences or participate in story telling. As a result we experience such a dis-assimilation with others, even within our own genetic tribes.

Media is rushing this spoken dis-assimilation with incorrect usage of words. It's like there are no checks and balances. Words have become such insignificant things in our society.
Even though "word" is the only thing that we humans have, outside of empathy or emotion to assimilate with others.

I think that it is important that families are close to each other, I think it helps you to soften your heart more to the rest of the world and really strive towards awareness.

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1988010 - 10/07/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting. My mom just co-authored a book about oral traditions of Pacific Islanders--it's something they're losing too. Good luck with your book.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: being impeccable with your word [Re: hongomon]
    #1989095 - 10/08/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Heh.. Im half pacific islander, most of my stories are from that side of my family.

How funny :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1989119 - 10/08/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
we have truly become individual in the grand scheme of things.

I like being an individual! :grin:

Quote:

Words have become such insignificant things in our society

Its because words are insignifigant... a new way of communication is shortly ahead.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order