Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
difference in psychological effects
    #1985310 - 10/06/03 11:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i was talking with someone recently and they said to me that they consider LSD to be a much more spiritual drug than psilocybin, as a result he claims that mushrooms are the recreational of the two drugs. this is coming from a person that on an intense trip goes into paralysis for the duration. so onto my question.... how many here believe that LSD to be more spiritual than psilocybin?
I personally feel that these two equally can have a profound psychological and spiritual effect due to the similar nature of the two, plus psychadelics are what you make of them. i personally disagree with the fact that shrooms are more recreational, plus the fact that I don't think things like this should be of a totally recreational, "Let's go get fucked up!", nature? give me your two cents

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: omniscientlore]
    #1985380 - 10/07/03 12:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My Lady says that Acid is a much more Solar substance than Psilocybin, which is more Lunar in its makeup. I am forced to agree with her: Acid is more Masculine, more Yang. It is like a scene from the film 'El Topo,' a White Light on the desert that is so penetrating that you can taste it in every cell, molecule and atom - right to the Heart of the Atom.

Mushrooms grow in moist, dark, Earthly, fecund, womb-like places. The brilliant kaleidescopic visions emerge from a dark black void. It has Yin energy predominating. There is obviously Light and hence Solar energy in the Lunar 'shroom, just as looking at too bright an acidic Light results in a darkness, a blind-spot.

I for one have not experienced the intensity of psychic (mental) effects on Psilocybin as I have on LSD, but as to spirituality - that quality does not belong to any substance anyway. Mushrooms can take one to the Here and Now - the Eternal Present - which is one kind of 'Peak Experience,' whereas Acid can do this and perhaps lend itself to certain Hyperpranic White Light experiences. This kind of 'Peak Experience' is symbolized best in both Hinduism and Buddhism by the experience of OM. It is a very real experience, yet one cannot endure it for long. It is like the top of Mt. Everest - blindingly white, thin atmosphere, crystalline, frigid and sterile. It is a realm that humans must leave, or cease being human and perish. This kind of experience does not necessarily transform one into a being of Compassion unless that experience is led to the Heart Center. Otherwise, it can and has, led to a resulting Luciferian arrogance - and one falls like Icarus into a dark, deadly abyss.

Mushrooms are kinder to our mental health, but our spiritual development lies elsewhere. The best that any psychedelic can do is to clean away the layers of lies and social conditioning which veil the Ever-Present Truth from our Awareness. That Truth is always Present and is not a quality of anything, it is Self-Existent, it is God.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1986104 - 10/07/03 06:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well put Mark. I've had some incredibly deep spiritual experiences on acid and LSA. I've had deep experiences on shrooms too, but nothing like I have on acid. I think the reason is that I can lay down $50 on acid and blow myself away, but if I lay down $50 on shrooms I can't get as high. The most I've taken at one time was a quarter. That was incredible, but it doesn't contend with the time I ate 10 hits of good acid. I guess I just haven't taken enough shrooms to rightly judge, but I think the 2 chemicals do almost the same thing, but there is a difference. In my experience acid is more mathematical and logical, while shrooms are just like clear impressions and feelings. That's just me though, and it is only a slight difference in what they lean towards that I've stated that makes these chemicals different in my mind.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1986127 - 10/07/03 06:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Otherwise, it can and has, led to a resulting Luciferian arrogance - and one falls like Icarus into a dark, deadly abyss.

Hhm.... good ole' Syd Barett...  :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinestrangebrew

Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1986450 - 10/07/03 11:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

every person reacts differently to drugs. in my case mushrooms provide an infinitely more spiritual and introspective trip than lsd. for me lsd is just a party drug. my most intense mushroom trips are far more powerful than my most intense lsd trips.

also, in my experience the power of the trip lies more in the overall experience (time, place, friends), etc.) than in the dosage. the psychedelic experience lies entirely in the mind. drugs are just a way to enter another state of conciousness. people give individual substances too much credit for their experiences. no one psychedelic is any more spiritual than another. its about finding the one that works the best for you.

--------------------
i've always been mad like the most of us have

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: strangebrew]
    #1986504 - 10/07/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

> how many here believe that LSD to be more spiritual than psilocybin?

I do not believe either to be spiritual, or any drug for that matter. As a tool for spirtual self-exploration, I find LSD to be much better than mushrooms. LSD seems to help me focus while mushrooms seem to have more of a dissociative effect. I think both are equal for opening ones eyes to possibilities.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleadrug

Re: difference in psychological effects [Re: omniscientlore]
    #1986607 - 10/07/03 01:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'd have to say that's like comparing apples to oranges. Of course there are differences, but I wouldn't say one is better or more 'spiritual' than the other.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology