Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: ClusterHeadaches]
    #1983769 - 10/06/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have a friend that gets cluster headaches about once a year. They last for around a month or two and then go away for another year. As you mention, calling these a 'headache' does not do them justice.

My friend says that she can tell when the headache period is about to begin. If she eats a low dosage of mushrooms (~1/4 to 1/2 gram, dry... not even enough to really feel anything) whenever she feels the 'indicators', the the headaches simply do not form (or grow).

Eating the low dosage has taken her from two months of pure agony to a week of uncomfortable 'I hope this works again'. I would give them a try and see if they help, were I you, based on what they have done for my friend.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Seuss]
    #1983996 - 10/06/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have been tripping on LSD and shrooms for years. I barely ever get headaches.

ps- I'm just curious if you have ever tried weed to get rid of headaches?

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #1984171 - 10/06/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> I'm just curious if you have ever tried weed to get rid of headaches?

For my friend, smoking cannabis (weed) actually made them worse rather than better. You really cannot think of cluster headaches as headaches... my friend has literally begged me to kill her before when they got really bad.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Seuss]
    #1986455 - 10/07/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

For my friend, smoking cannabis (weed) actually made them worse rather than better.

This is the case with all clusterheads. I have yet to find a single one who says smoking weed makes them better, and plenty who say it makes them worse. There are a few out there for whom it seems not to make a difference.

You really cannot think of cluster headaches as headaches...

Indeed. The condition is actually a syndrome -- a collection of symptoms. In Europe the condition is often referred to as "Horton's Syndrome". The symptom that (rightly) gets the most attention is the astounding level of agony in the eyeball and one side of the head, but there are other symptoms that go with that pain. Runny nose, blocked sinus, red eye on the affected side, copious tearing from that eye, sleep disorders and intestinal distress and more.

...my friend has literally begged me to kill her before when they got really bad.

She's not alone in that, either. If I had had access to a pistol a few years back, I would not be here writing this. It's that bad. Another name for this condition is "Suicide Headaches". While the number of clusterheads who actually do kill themselves is low, there is probably not a single clusterhead out there who hasn't seriously contemplated it.

I'm very glad to hear your friend has had success with them. Her method of waiting until the warning signs of an impending attack are unmistakable is one that most of us use, although those who regularly take them every six months or so (warning signs or no) say that by doing so they never develop even the warning signs. My reason for waiting till I know a new "cycle" is on the way is that I want to track the length of remission period I get from each dose -- scientific curiosity more than anything else.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinechasingstardna
Hypervigilance

Loc: Ontario
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: gir]
    #1986577 - 10/07/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had headaches.
Good luck with your findings.

--------------------

Get in.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: chasingstardna]
    #1988520 - 10/07/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yesterday I tripped with a fairly high dose (7.5g) around 4pm. Around 9 as I was coming down I started smoking lots of top-quality pot. Sometime later after the shrooms wore off I had one drink.

I fell asleep still stoned and with a slight headache around 1am. I woke up with the worst headache of my life at 3:30 in the morning. I did briefly consider suicide because of this headache. I forced myself from bed and took 9 little 81mg asprin and 5 ibuprofen. I drank some water, thinking I probably was dehydrated and then tried cold water on the back of my neck. That has helped some migranes in the past, but this didn't.

I laid down and tried to sleep for a few minutes and then vomited twice and felt a little better and was able to sleep. I woke up to my alarm at 11 and felt fine. I usually get headaches while coming down and after using saliva, but noting like this. I only hope it was from too much pot after the shrooms and not entirely the shrooms.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Tantalus]
    #1989089 - 10/08/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

could have also been the mix of alcohol + shrooms. even tho you didnt drink a lot, I have read many times that alcohol and shrooms dont mix well, and that could explain why you threw up too.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: ClusterHeadaches]
    #1989324 - 10/08/03 05:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i have gotten headaches the day after taking mushrooms, but i associate them to lack of sleep or iron (whenever i conciously take enough iron, or get sleep before tripping, i don't have headaches)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? *DELETED* [Re: entiformatie]
    #1989487 - 10/08/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1989674 - 10/08/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Try to consider the "day after" any trip or big party you can feel like shit or have a headache for that matter. Just from the fact you didnt get much sleep at all and most of all you probally didnt eat anything within the last 18 hours. Atleast thats the way it is with me....I dont eat anything 2 hours before I trip....then the 6 hour trip....then I pass out for about 8 to 10 hours. But the headache usually goes away after I eat and drink something and maybe take a some tylenol. But I've never gotten a "SUICIDAL" headache.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: orizon]
    #1989857 - 10/08/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> But I've never gotten a "SUICIDAL" headache

Imagine what it feels like to have an ice pick being stuck through your eyeball into the back of your head. Now imagine that pain, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for month after month after month... never letting up, never going away. Image that everytime you move, or think, or do anything the pain gets worse and worse. And it never goes away... you cannot eat, you cannot sleep, you cannot think, all you can do is lie in bed and suffer.

As I have said before, a cluster headache isn't your average hangover and really shouldn't be called a headache. Another poster described it as a syndrome, which is much more accurate.

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: gir]
    #1992128 - 10/09/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i get headaches once in a while. used to get them way more. i suffer from fucking migraines but i actually havent had one in a long time. maybe tripping has had something to do with this?

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1992138 - 10/09/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

blah sorry for the second post right after, wasnt thinking but , yeah i've tried using pot for headaches. works wonders most of the time. sometimes burning out hard will give me a headache. and migraines are THE WORST PAIN EVER! i asked my mom if giving birth or a migraine is worse and she said migraine. so chicks can't bitch to me about having to go thru childbirth and shit cuz i've had migraines before lol. but man do they fucking hurt and yes i've wished i could die while having them before. it's pain beyond pain. it's on another level. everything hurts you more and you can't do fuck all. moving hurts. light hurts. sound hurts. smell hurts. everything.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1992291 - 10/09/03 03:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

fuck, i've never heard of clusterheadaches outside of this arena, why is it such an overlooked thing? Damn if its that bad we should be pouring money into research, i'm sorry bro, hope the shrooms heal you.

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION! Do "Trippers" suffer from headaches?? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1992327 - 10/09/03 04:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This is a little off topic from the trippers getting headaches thing but 1st through around 8th grade I was a victim of suicidal-cluster headaches. They started out as just light little aches in the back of my head and then worked there way forward into exposive pounding pain. Its almost like the pain pulsed and no meds or anything could take care of them. I got them 2-3 times a month and my mom flew me all over the country where Cat skans-psych exams and various other tests were performed and the doctors found NOTHING. Besides the terrible pain I also had blurred vision/lines spots and the pain would build up to such a large amount that I would throw up every 30 minutes and after I threw up the pain would ease a tad....(like from a level 10 to a level 9.) Of course this was called dry heaves cause after I threw up the first time, I would just throw up stomach acids and gag for 5 to 10 minutes. Then the pain would build up again 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 etc....yo get the point. Well this lasted sometimes up to 2 whole days where I was bed-ridden and try to just sleep it off gagging in bed. I remember my mom flying in some Indian guy from across seas that was looking at me and even some kind of energy lady or something like that. Well one day the headaches just stopped...and I havent had one in about 5 years....And the time when they stopped was just about the time I tried Pot for the first time. Coincidence??? Ill never know but as long as they never come back Im happy.

Peace, Orizon

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract