Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLuBallz
Jedi GOD
ionic breeze?!?!
    #1984151 - 10/06/03 04:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

anyone used an ionic breeze for contam pro. i was wondering if its as good as a defense ans say a hepa filter or if the commercials are just lying.

--------------------
Oh hi ma ki ni mi ka na
let there be.... EVERYTHING

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: LuBallz]
    #1984163 - 10/06/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've got a hepa-ionic filter in my room and I still see dust floating around but maybe if you're in a very small room with tiles then prolly.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Anonymous

Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1984209 - 10/06/03 05:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

this the ionic breeze quatra tho

or something.

theyre like $200, they better effin work.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: ]
    #1984232 - 10/06/03 05:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

They don't work. Electronic percipators do work, but they need air to move through it. Without a fan your not going to get much air flow. October 2003 edition Consumer reports gives the ionic breeze second to last for performance for the 2nd time. Sharper image complained and asked them to retest using special methods. Instead of testing for an hour they suggested they let the ionic breeze(and the Hoover Silentair 4000, and Honeywill Environizer 90200) for 24 hours instead of one. The claims on the infomercials are correct that there were studies done on it, but most of them were irrevelent to determine if it was an effective air cleaner.
Quote:

For example, one Virginia study used the Ionic Breeze only as a particle sampler, not an air cleaner. Other studies used questionable methodology or showed merely that the Sharper Image had little air-cleaning capability.

bottom line avoid those 3 products. The highest performers are the Friedrich c-90a(electronic percipitator) and the kenmore 83202(HEPA Filter)

OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: daussaulit]
    #1984279 - 10/06/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

WOW! Good stuff daussaulit.

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: daussaulit]
    #1984507 - 10/06/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

daussaulit said:
They don't work. Electronic percipators do work, but they need air to move through it. Without a fan your not going to get much air flow. October 2003 edition Consumer reports gives the ionic breeze second to last for performance for the 2nd time. Sharper image complained and asked them to retest using special methods. Instead of testing for an hour they suggested they let the ionic breeze(and the Hoover Silentair 4000, and Honeywill Environizer 90200) for 24 hours instead of one. The claims on the infomercials are correct that there were studies done on it, but most of them were irrevelent to determine if it was an effective air cleaner.
Quote:

For example, one Virginia study used the Ionic Breeze only as a particle sampler, not an air cleaner. Other studies used questionable methodology or showed merely that the Sharper Image had little air-cleaning capability.

bottom line avoid those 3 products. The highest performers are the Friedrich c-90a(electronic percipitator) and the kenmore 83202(HEPA Filter)

someone is using this throughout the house. Works great, and can drop particles across the room. This unit really works well, producing ozone, and ionization. However, when you run it hard, it will start sanitizing, molds, etc, and can even leave a bleach smell lingering.

Will this kill cubes?

--------------------

- USA -

OfflineLuBallz
Jedi GOD
Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: plura16]
    #1986406 - 10/07/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow the flair air purifier looked like a multi knock out deal, i couldnt tell though, did it have something to collect the ions or would the just be clinging to anything the could rather than floating in the air. also wouldnt a constant flow of ozone kinda kill mycelium/pins/bodies or atleast hamper them. also, whats an elctronic percipator? thx for the info guys.
anyone heard or used the dual element ionic filters from www.mushroomsfmrc.com ?

--------------------
Oh hi ma ki ni mi ka na
let there be.... EVERYTHING

Edited by LuBallz (10/07/03 10:51 AM)

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: ionic breeze?!?! [Re: LuBallz]
    #1986833 - 10/07/03 03:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

it doesnt collect ions, it puts negative ions out via internal antenna. This type of unit puts cleans by putting out, not filtering.

Quote:

also wouldnt a constant flow of ozone kinda kill mycelium/pins/bodies or atleast hamper them

thats what i was wondering. im pretty sure it would if you had it all the way up and constantly running. Too much would build up. Im told the molecules build up -- float for like 30 minutes... then, if they dont find something to attack, they turn and attack each other, eating them selves up... err.. or they die?

Aside from this - the unit is badass. Smoke is instantly erradicated as it is produced. If you rub a cut onion on your hand, and hold it in front of it for like 10 seconds, the smell will have totally 100% vanished. I swear by this unit... keeps the whole house smelling freshly cleaned. Price is insane, but well worth it.

They sell em at swap meets, etc...

Probably very usefull when establishing a clean area for innoculation, etc -- since it will drop airbourne particles, without filtering them.

--------------------

- USA -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation