Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedazzyboi
LearnerPhysconaut
Need info on Lib hunting
    #1983512 - 10/06/03 11:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Okay i have read loadz of info off this board dating back to last year.. But i have been looking for around a month now..

We have one defenate place where mushrooms grow. It is a small 1 acre cow grazing field and they keep 2 horse's in the next field.. The grass is fairly short but the farmhouse is only across the field and it has a pretty good view of their field. I know loadz of people who pick from there but i myself do not want to for the fear of getting caught.. Also the thought came to me, if there are a few people sharing this field there is little chance of me picking many if there are already a few people picking there..

So.. I live in a small village located in South wales.. We are situated next to the 2 severn bridges.. The village is sorrounded by loadz of cattle grazing, sheep grazing fields.. I have been out looking a number of times.. Finding only a few mushrooms none of which were liberty caps.. Over the past week or so we have had short bursts of rain from 30mins to 2 hours.

Here comes the questions!

How much rain do you think i would need before they start popping up? Say for instance it was raining for about 3-4 hours today would it be possible that they will start appearing tomorow or do you have to give a few days gap.. I have found that in most places the soil is still dry and dusty..

All im trying to do really is try to find my own location for where they grow.. but this is hard to tell because i dont even know if they have started popping up yet

Any help appritiated!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCaptainMushroom
Stranger
Re: Need info on Lib hunting [Re: dazzyboi]
    #1983578 - 10/06/03 12:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I was in your position last year so I know what it's like. The problem is the same as last year, but this year it is even worse. We've had a hot dry summer, followed by a warm dry autumn.

For the season to really get going you need the heavy prolonged rains during september to give the ground a thourough soaking, then after that you can go out about a day after every good lot of rain and find loads.

This year I haven't really noticed any combination of rain + temperature that would start them off, so I haven't even bothered going out to look. A mate went out for his first hunt last sunday (but with a very experienced hunter) and found a total of 3 shrooms, all relatively small.

To answer your questions, it's hard to say how much rain is needed, because of the poor mushroom weather we've had all year, but keep checking about a day after the start of each big lot of rain.

The best places to look would be where there is sheep grazing. I also don't like taking them from within view of farmhouses etc, but last year managed to find a field with a public right of way through it, with no buildings or roads looking on, which pleased me alot :smile:

Just keep looking, I no it's frustrating, but even if you don't find anything you'll be learning all the time, and when you do find your first shroom, it'll all be worth it. 

Offlinedazzyboi
LearnerPhysconaut
Re: Need info on Lib hunting [Re: CaptainMushroom]
    #1983853 - 10/06/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeh i know what your saying.. Like you i have found a couple of fields which are grassy area's, not so much used for cattle grazing but are situated near horse fields, and have a public footpath going through it.. And it is right out in the hills.. So that could be a possibility.. But as i said before its hard because there is no rain so i cant really tell if these are locations were they are growing.. Im just assuming at the moment!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification