Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuBallz
Jedi GOD
converting a grow room
    #1982849 - 10/05/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hey all, nice to be back i havent been on shroomery for a few years, im moving out though and tried searching around but was wondering if i could get some links/experiences on converting a bedroom into a large grow room. i was thinking seal the room in plastic then use a antechamber, humdifier,ionic breeze. would this be sterile enough if one is wearing a clean suit and sprays a disinfectant before and upon entering? in a grow room i mean the whole room acts as a large terrarium. thx

--------------------
Oh hi ma ki ni mi ka na
let there be.... EVERYTHING

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: converting a grow room [Re: LuBallz]
    #1982897 - 10/06/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

if you want that big...get a series of rubbermaid closests, they are self contained that way and will not transport contams (god forbid) to all your babies.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflinetwistedJay
hydriodic acid
Loc: IM A REAL KILLA
Re: converting a grow room [Re: GregHimself]
    #1982973 - 10/06/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

instead of strewin plastic every where, and if the room is just for growin, tear carpet out and place tile on floor, cuz contams love to hide in carpet and when walked on they are released into the air.

--------------------
this has been a message from a twisted ass mutha fucka. and if you dont like it.........EAT A DICK!

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: converting a grow room [Re: twistedJay]
    #1983245 - 10/06/03 06:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Tile your floor. Paint the walls,ceiling, and door with a high quality, weather proof, house paint. Use foam weather strips on your door, and windows, Tape a heavy duty filter over the AC/Heater vents. Place a small fan in the corner. Lysol bomb the whole room, with the fan running.(This will help to spread over all surfaces)
If you want to get real fancy you can build a plastic tent around the door, to use as a cleaning-changing room.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: converting a grow room [Re: cricket]
    #1983248 - 10/06/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Humidity can be controlled with two ultra sonic humidifiers, running 24-7.
Good luck.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom