Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Syria Attacked
    #1981889 - 10/05/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Israel hits Palestinian 'camp' in Syria

The army destroyed the home of the suicide bomber

Israeli warplanes have attacked a Palestinian "terrorist training base" inside Syria - the first Israeli attack on Syrian soil for more than 20 years.

An Israeli army statement said the raid had targeted the Ein Saheb camp, near Damascus, which it said was used by several militant groups, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

The operation came in response to Saturday's bloody suicide attack on a restaurant in the northern Israeli port Haifa, which killed 19 people.

Syria has said the raid is a "grave escalation" and has called for an urgent meeting of the United Nations Security Council.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, for his part, has condemned it as "aggression against a brother country".

Syria and Israel have long been at loggerheads over the Golan Heights, which Damascus lost to Israel in the 1967 war.

Haifa horror

Syrian media have described Ein Saheb as a Palestinian refugee camp.

Quote:

RECENT SUICIDE ATTACKS
Woman covered in blood at the scene of a suicide bombing in the northern Israeli city of Haifa, 4 October 2003
9 September: 15 killed in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
19 August: 23 killed in Jerusalem
11 June: 17 killed in Jerusalem
18 May: 7 killed in Jerusalem
5 March: 17 killed in Haifa

And a spokesman for Islamic Jihad - which claimed responsibility for the Haifa bombing - denied having "any training camps or bases in Syria or any other country".

A senior commander of another militant group, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, said the camp was one of his group's disused bases.

The army released video footage, apparently filmed by Iranian TV 18-months ago, showing a camp and underground munitions stores, which it said was the site targeted in the raid.

Earlier, the Israeli army demolished the home of the female Palestinian suicide bomber who carried out the Haifa attack.

It also launched missile attacks against two separate locations in Gaza City, including a Palestinian refugee camp.

Map of the region

Four young children and several Arabs were among the 19 people killed at the seafront restaurant in Haifa. About 50 people were injured in the attack, which wrecked the building.

It was one of the deadliest suicide attacks since the start of the Palestinian intifada three years ago.

The bombing came as Israel imposed a total closure of the West Bank and Gaza Strip for Yom Kippur - the day of atonement - which runs for 24 hours from Sunday evening.

Syrian 'restraint'

Israeli Government spokesman Avi Pazner stressed that the air strike was not directed against Syria - but against Islamic Jihad.

Israel released footage of what it said was the target of the raid
But he said every country had to understand that it would be held responsible for harbouring any terrorists.

The Israeli raid marks a clear change in policy for Israel, which normally responds to Palestinian suicide attacks by striking against targets in the West Bank and Gaza.

Syria's Foreign Minister Farouk al-Sharaa said his country was capable of deterring Israel but would exercise restraint over the raid.

Syria has been under pressure from the United States to clamp down on the activities of militant groups and says it has closed down offices of Hamas and Islamic Jihad in Damascus.

A spokesman for the UK Government in London said that "while Israel is entitled to take steps to protect itself against terrorist attack, these steps should be within international law".

German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, on a visit to Egypt, said the raid "cannot be accepted".

Source: BBC

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Zahid]
    #1982034 - 10/05/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what is one to say?

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

OfflineSolitude
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Solitude]
    #1982037 - 10/05/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

death brings more death. except now its "justifiable"

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

Edited by Solitude (10/05/03 06:38 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #1982150 - 10/05/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The Hatfields and the McCoys are at it again...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Rose]
    #1982170 - 10/05/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
The Hatfields and the McCoys are at it again...

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1982289 - 10/05/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Solitude said:
death brings more death. except now its "justifiable"

How is it justifiable when they bombed a "suspected target", no hard evidence. They could of at least informed Syria before their actions. What do u think America would do if another country launched a missle at a suspected target they were after into their backyard.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: barfightlard]
    #1982336 - 10/05/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

He used quotation marks - I don't think Solitude would defend Israel.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (10/05/03 08:40 PM)

OfflineSolitude
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Zahid]
    #1987163 - 10/07/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

u mean Palestine

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1987169 - 10/07/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Solitude said:
u mean Palestine

While I generally disagree with Zahid, He seems to say what he means.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewingnutx

#1987172 - 10/07/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

no, he means Israel. We already know you will defend Palestine.

Ah, wait. Do you mean that the term 'Israel' is incorrect and that geographical area should be called 'Palestine'?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: wingnutx]
    #1987199 - 10/07/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

U mean Jordan?  :nut:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1987209 - 10/07/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1987219 - 10/07/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

We already know you will defend Palestine.

Not only will he defend it, he'll help them drive those hideous Israelis into the sea!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineSolitude
Re: Syria Attacked [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1990122 - 10/08/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha. damn right! lol havent sed the accent i jus used to say that one in a long time. lets do it again. damn right!

--------------------

OfflineSolitude
    #1990125 - 10/08/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

and wingnut yes that is what i meant.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1990207 - 10/08/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Do you think that Syria could beat Israel in open warfare?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1990501 - 10/08/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what kindof a question is that?! :lol:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1990503 - 10/08/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, he said that a Palentinian army would be able to, so I was wondering about the Syrian one.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1990508 - 10/08/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

not even if combined....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Syria Attacked [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1990574 - 10/08/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, Syria isnt as third world as you folks think. Not to mention that when push comes to shove, Syria is in bed with Russia. Who do you think they sold all their shit to?\

http://www.tau.ac.il/jcss/balance/presentation/index.html

If you look at the bottom they have some breakdowns.

Israel has been busy too..
"...The escalation happened as it emerged that Israel has cut short leave for three army battalions, cancelled army training courses, and is reportedly considering calling up reservists. The deployment of troops who were on leave or training courses has reportedly tripled the army's strength in some areas." Article

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates