Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
DSOTM Theory
    #1981739 - 10/05/03 05:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ive wondered for a long time what the concept behind, Pink Floyds, Dark Side of the Moon is.

Firstly Floyd were no doubt users of LSD and knew about the ego death experience. Ive always thought the album seems to be about someones jounrey to death. The quiet whisperings in The Great Gig in the Sky... "if you can hear this whisper you are dying" and the voice saying "and i am not frightened of dying...".

At the very end of the album you can hear someone saying "there is no dark side of the moon...infact it's all dark". If you think about it, the moon is dark. it is the sun that gives it light. Here in reality we are kept from seeing the sun (God, Divine, Wisdom, White Light etc) by the moon (ego, veil etc).

Eclipse could be about the ego death experience. "All that you touch, All that you see etc". At the end of this song is the line "but the sun is elcipsed by the moon" that is when the ego, veil, comes back into play, and prevents us from seeing the sun.

"Ill see you on the dark side of the moon" We can only expeirnece each other seperated on the dark side of the moon. As in the ego death "all is one".

On the front cover the triangle is the moon. the pure white light is split up into the colours of the rainbow. Although the colours are buitiful, just like the creation is, it has been seperated and it not in its true form, as ONE single light.

Anyone got any other theorys about the concept? Or know what the slight blue light is that hits the side of the triangle on the cover?

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: DSOTM Theory [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1982156 - 10/05/03 09:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I am so angry.

OfflineDemon
A Drug AgainstWar

Loc: j00/2 m07h3/2
Re: DSOTM Theory [Re: bivalve]
    #1982218 - 10/05/03 09:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Bivalve! You're back dr00g. How've you been? And... KISS ME THE PENIS!

Btw, DSOTM is about the things that lead to insanity. Work (Breathe), Time (Time), Dying (The Great Gig in the Sky), Money (Money), War (Us and Them), etc.

--------------------
"Sex is like a gun.. you aim, you shoot, you run" - Aerosmith

Come visit SacredShrooms.org!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: DSOTM Theory [Re: Demon]
    #1982680 - 10/06/03 12:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know quite how to explain it,but I think I really "get it".

It's a concept album about the experience of life and the things that lead to unhappiness and insanity.It's about the universial human condition and things most everyone deals with.That's what I think the rainbow turning into white light symbolizes-we're all different superficially,be we all face the same existenial crisises. While it sounds very psychedelic,it's pretty damn "dark",but it's also hopeful at the same time.

Fuck it,all I know is it's one of the greatest masterpieces ever to be recorded.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (10/06/03 12:52 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media