Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedubt
Tao Teh Shroom

Loc: Florida
Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip.
    #1981071 - 10/05/03 01:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I seem to have an easier time helping people get the most out of  5meodipt (well, not anymore at least  :frown: ). I am an experienced mushroom user but still feel like I'm missing something crucial when introducing people to the experience.  I notice that with some people, especially the type to get overwhelmed and anxious, don't get nearly as much out of it than is possible. My other theory is that these people have sort of a longer way to go in the sense that the first few times aare a primer that they need to fully use it. I have'nt however been able to trip with anyone enough times to know for sure. My question is, with mushrooms, how can i facilitate and guide the experience to make sure the person leaves with something other than feeling confused? 

--------------------
I'ts all a fucking lie! Everything written by me is fictional. I don't even exist!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: dubt]
    #1981183 - 10/05/03 02:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

By giving them more than 2 grams.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: Adden]
    #1982028 - 10/05/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lol, thats what I was thinking.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineRugRat235
Stranger
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #1985637 - 10/07/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

maybe the reason that it seems anxious people don't get as much out of it is because they live with some of the anxious feelings shrooms bring on all the time. i have GAD (general anxiety disorder) and can tell you that alot of the people i shroom with say they are feeling very anxious while i will feel no more anxious than i always do. in fact the shrooms almost bring a calm feeling over me sometimes depending how much i've taken. oh well just a theory.

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: dubt]
    #1986836 - 10/07/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

2 grams is a place to start. i don't think giving more than 2 grams to anxious people will help them get more out of it. they'll get more out there, but i don't think they will bring much back.
you should try to figure out why they are anxious. are they uncomforatble with the situation? have they concealed their fear from you? are they at least a little prepped on what it will be like - told tales and read trip reports, etc ?
people who get anxious/powerfully uncomfrtable tend to try to shut it down, and keep it to the edges of their consciousness as much as possible, so they try to forget it as it is happening, they don't want to get more out of it.
just try to increase their preparation, maybe, and make sure the setting is idealized.
let me know how it goes/what you think.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: seraphim]
    #1986903 - 10/07/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I agree with seraphim. 2 grams is probably a good place to start, and having them reading trip reports to pep them up would be a great idea.

I introduced one of my anxious friends to shrooms(small dose, enough to give him slight visuals and good vibes) during the summer, and ever since hes been telling me how he wants to do it again. The main thing to keep them from being anxious is to be in a calm peaceful enviroment, where they feel like they wont be judged by outsiders. During the trip just ask questions like how they are feeling, and remind them that whatever they are feeling, that its normal. Talk to them, tell them how youre feeling. most likely he/she wll be like "oh i see that too!" or "oh i was thinkin the same thing!".

If they still seem anxious in a bad way, remind them that the anxiousness they are getting is derived from a fear of something. Help them recognize this fear (whether it be a fear of getting caught, a fear of "wigging out", or whatever---just find it) and once they do, they can accept it or face it. Once they share their fear(s) with you it will make it a lot easier for them to deal with.

good luck I hope it all works out good.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #1986978 - 10/07/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I contradict you two, cause of the following:
Whenever there's the odd shrooms left from an old harvest I just eat them. The max was maybe a 1.8gram trip. I had no visuals, but was just paranoid and gifted with shroomy thoughts. That was very wierd, as I was not in my usual more colourful, and a bit dented (everything seems smaller) shroomland, but in reality.
Being alone, this was one of the most horrible feelings Ive had, cause I kept insulting myself, and feeling my parents would come home anytime now, although I new they weren't due back for two days.

So what I want to say is: A proper "Trip" into Shroomland starts at round about 3-4 grams for me, anything lower is a reality-freakshow.
With visuals and even stronger wierder thoughts I am more easy going, cause i dont care about anything else around me ,any obligations  or anyone . (except my friends who are tripping along with me)When Im on low dose I check on my behaviour, and what others think of me etc...
So give em plenty!!! :wink:

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Edited by JazzMatazz (10/07/03 03:56 PM)

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1987482 - 10/07/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Jazz I do see your point about taking more will make them care less. But, when you said you took a small dose and felt paranoid and shit, you were by yourself. This kid is gonna be with his friend who wants to guide him and help him have a good trip. Im sure everyone else can agree that tripping alone is a lot different than tripping with someone you know (especially a good friend also tripping).
My guess is with lower or higher doses there will be no problems as long as they stay cool.

peace

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Suggestions on guiding a 2 gram Cube trip. [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #1989076 - 10/08/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You might be right, but let's just face the fact: What is a 2gram trip? Nothing much really in my eyes. :smile: 

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports