Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: monoamine]
    #1980333 - 10/05/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
If people are so paranoid that they need concealed weapons in public places to feel safe,they need to move somewhere else or start taking their Thorazine.

I live way out in the country I my car bearks down i have to walk miles on unlit streets to get to aphone or my house
I should be allowed to live where I want and protect myself if such a occourance like my car breaking down.
I also have to drive thru thru the hood to get to my work
I've had peole try to carjack me before
I feel the need to protect myself
my girl is 5'3" I feel she has the right to protect herself too
from all the kooks and crazies in this world
I don't see the problem with concealed handguns
were trained to use them, we take written tests on how to use them
and laws reguarding useage situations
we go to the gun range and have to demonstrate our skills
and our backgrounds are checked by the FBI and local sheriff
to make sure we are perfect citizens with no criminal history

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: gun control [Re: ]
    #1980379 - 10/05/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just don't move to Uganda Joe, you'll be fine... even without a gun.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1980466 - 10/05/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

of course it doesn't. it's addressing the point of self-defense, not crime.

Tell me something, how many people who brandish or use a gun are likely to claim "self-defence" and how many do you think will claim "I just did it cos the dude was pissing me off"?

Can you see that it's fairly likely everyone is going to claim "I only use a gun in self-defence"? Isn't that what every drug-dealing gangbanger the world over says?

studies have shown that in 98% of cases, merely drawing a firearm, and not firing it, is enough to dissuade an attacker.

As one famous criminal in the UK said "Anyone who pulls a gun and doesn't use it has to be some kind of idiot. You pull a gun on me and don't use it..well, I know what I've got to do to you tomorrow now don't I?".

I don't know the kind of people you meet but I imagine most people who have some punk brandish a gun at them arn't going to walk away and leave it at that.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: gun control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1980481 - 10/05/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

At this point I would like to clarify one point: "So?"

What does that mean? People shouldn't be allowed to have guns? What if they find shooting stuff to be "all spritchul n' shit"?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: gun control [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1980486 - 10/05/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

or just plain fun.

Nothing like the 'ching ching ching' of a .30 caliber machine gun to get you going at 3am :smile:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: gun control [Re: wingnutx]
    #1980496 - 10/05/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I prefer wacking off.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: gun control [Re: Rose]
    #1980507 - 10/05/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you are comparing apples to oranguatans.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#1980543 - 10/05/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No wingnutx, you brought up the fruits and monkeys.

I compared the "Ching...ching...ching..." of a 30 cal. machine gun to jacking off.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1980549 - 10/05/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Orangutangs aren't monkeys. They're apes.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#1980550 - 10/05/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Unless, of course, the gun was shooting blanks.

Then, and only then, would I withdraw my comparison.

Ha cha cha!

:lol:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#1980552 - 10/05/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Please, lets not get the apes AND monkeys involved.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1980697 - 10/05/03 03:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Apples and oranguatans share 50% of their genes.

What about compairing oranguatans and Orange Tang??

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: silversoul7]
    #1981072 - 10/05/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So only people whose parents can afford it should get an education? I see it now. You ban public schools, so then poor people can't get an education, and can't get jobs. You then end welfare, so these uneducated people can't get any food to eat, except through stealing. And of course you keep your firearms to fend off these poor, starving, uneducated thieves. Brilliant!

this thread is about guns, not schools... so i won't get into the whole public school debate. the thing about public schools is that they're not 'public'.

"public schools" are no more public in reality than a police station, the whitehouse, a courthouse, tank, or aircraft carrier. they are really government property. the gov't can enforce special rules over its own property. you cannot just walk into the whitehouse with a rifle.

a city street is a public place. a school, courthouse, or presidential mansion is not.

Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: monoamine]
    #1981079 - 10/05/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If people are so paranoid that they need concealed weapons in public places to feel safe,they need to move somewhere else or start taking their Thorazine.

there are many people who do not have the luxury of living and working in some shiny suburb.

there are people for whom the possibility of violent attack at home or at work is very real.

people have every right to secure for themselves the means of self-defense, and it really doesn't matter if you, or anyone else, thinks they're paranoid and in need of medication.

Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1981093 - 10/05/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

a grenade launcher is a very powerful offensive weapon with little defensive value. i don't think citizens have any right to grenade launchers.

it might be noted that the 2nd amendment guarantees the right of citizens to keep and bear arms, the meaning of which in those days was restricted to man-portable weapons- pistols, shotguns, muskets, and rifles. this would be opposed to ordnance, the term for cannon and artillery weapons. though grenade launchers are man-portable, i think they would not be considered arms.

even in revolutionary times, citizens were not allowed to keep ordnance because artillery is an indescriminate offensive weapon with little defensive value- much like a modern day grenade launcher.

Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1981144 - 10/05/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Tell me something, how many people who brandish or use a gun are likely to claim "self-defence" and how many do you think will claim "I just did it cos the dude was pissing me off"?

i have no idea, and neither do you. unprovable, untestable, unknowable speculations are useless.

Can you see that it's fairly likely everyone is going to claim "I only use a gun in self-defence"? Isn't that what every drug-dealing gangbanger the world over says?

i'm not sure what you're getting at with these statements. what's your argument? what argument are you refuting, and on what grounds?

As one famous criminal in the UK said "Anyone who pulls a gun and doesn't use it has to be some kind of idiot. You pull a gun on me and don't use it..well, I know what I've got to do to you tomorrow now don't I?".

useless anecdote. who cares what one criminal said? surely you've had enough instruction in science and mathematics to understand that if you want to establish something as a general trend, something true for the bulk of the population, your sample size must be fairly large... one person certainly doesn't qualify. i could probably find one criminal to quote who lives off the thrill of attacking armed victims and intentionally seeks them out... so what?

the chance of running into an unarmed would-be car jacker, rapist, or mugger and then running into that same person the next day, or any time in the future, is ridiculously improbable. if you did, i would speculate that they'd be more likely to just leave you alone than look down the barrel of your pistol two times in a row.

i'm a criminal. i mug people. the other day, i tried to mug someone and they pulled a gun on me. what do i do? do i go get a gun and spend the next few weeks prowling the streets looking for him? or do i just go find someone else to mug? hmm... tough call indeed  :smirk:...

I don't know the kind of people you meet but I imagine most people who have some punk brandish a gun at them aren't going to walk away and leave it at that.

i think they would. surveys have shown that nothing scares criminals more than the possibility that their victim may be armed.

come on... do you think about your arguments before making them?

...people should not be allowed to carry weapons... and the self-defense arguement is flawed, because some people might piss off a criminal while defending themselves who will come back later for vengeance? is that the argument here? do you honestly think that that is a valid position at all?

we can argue all day about what such-and-such a criminal will do in such-and-such a situation. it's all empty speculation. we can predict and hypothesize about how criminals and their victims will respond and react in different circumstances, but without surveys and studies, we've got no proof, or even evidence, for the theories we might cook up.

there are numerous statistical surveys and studies that will show that people who are armed are less likely to be hurt or wounded in a violent attack, and that criminals (at least in places where it is a possibility) are worried and concerned that their victim in a crime may be armed. this is a truth established by credible means far beyond mere speculation backed up by absolutely nothing, save perhaps the testimony of but one single criminal.

Anonymous

#1981213 - 10/05/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i'm amazed that there are people here who truly believe that it is wise to disarm law-abiding citizens and leave guns only in the hands of criminals and the government.

i'm amazed that the same ones who acknowledge that the most unreasonable part of the drug war is that it criminalizes victimless action would not have the acumen to understand that the same is true of gun-banning.

i suppose if it was actually proven to reduce crime, it might be debatable, but the fact is that it is not.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#1981216 - 10/05/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If everyone had a gun or nobody did, I'd feel better.

I don't like it that SOME people have weapons and SOME don't.

When drawn, the simple fact is guns are usually pointed at someone who DOES NOT have a gun.

That doesn't sit right with me.

No point. Just opinion.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1981248 - 10/05/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think gun control has to be implemented at SOME level. Do I think people should be allowed to own guns? Sure, but not just ANY firearm. Rifles? Absolutely. Handguns? If you insist. Assault rifles? Only with a special license. Machine guns? No. Rocket launchers? Absolutely not!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: gun control [Re: silversoul7]
    #1981253 - 10/05/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Land mines are defensive weapons.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order