Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

The Power Of Placebo Compels you!!
    #1975618 - 10/03/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I went to church last night with my family for the first time in a long time. It was one of these non-denominational churchs where they place their hands on you to "put the holy spirt in you" and everyone was laughing and feeling good. I thought it was placebo until my turn came, and I started laughing and feeling nice!!!! I was amazed, and I even started wondering if there was something to Christianity if I could feel this way despite thinking the whole thing was a joke. I tried to rationalize it, but I couldn't figure out how it could be simply a placebo if I wasn't expecting anything. I knew the mind was a powerful thing, but there had to be some sort of divine force at work, right?

5 minutes later I woke up.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: Twirling]
    #1975641 - 10/03/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not really. Ever notice how you mood changes depending on what situations you are faced with or the people you are around?

Hell, I could surround you with some sort of cheerful, joyful presense as well, and I could call it divine force at work as well.... or something.
I dunno.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1975706 - 10/03/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, thats why I put "5 minutes later I woke up" at the bottom. It was all a dream and was created in my mind. I even thought in my dream that there was no way it was a placebo, but in the end it was just a dream. The mind is very powerful.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1975724 - 10/03/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heh, didn't catch that bit, sorry. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1975836 - 10/03/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"I tried to rationalize it, but I couldn't figure out how it could be simply a placebo if I wasn't expecting anything."

Perhaps you were expecting something and didn't realize it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: Phluck]
    #1976144 - 10/03/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think the dream had to do with the overwhelming amount of Christianity in my family & community, and seperating from it. It was like a fear coming to the surface, "finding out" that it's real. At least that's how I interpert it.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1978266 - 10/04/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I went to one of those Christian "revival" things as a teen, and had the whole laying of hands gig done to me. While all others at the retreat were collapsing in ecstasy, I was overcome with fear and despair when my turn was up. I had to be removed by a couple of ushers. It felt very cold and lonely.

I was told it was because I had demons inside of me.

Now I'm a Buddhist! Haha.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: Ped]
    #1978455 - 10/04/03 04:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:

You know, son, with the Word of God I can remove these Satanic demons from you, for a nominal charge, of course... I will just have to brainwash you to forget all of the metal songs you have ever heard in your life, and replace them with Christian camp songs... You'll be better for it, believe you me. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: Ped]
    #1978662 - 10/04/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
I went to one of those Christian "revival" things as a teen, and had the whole laying of hands gig done to me. While all others at the retreat were collapsing in ecstasy, I was overcome with fear and despair when my turn was up. I had to be removed by a couple of ushers. It felt very cold and lonely.

Now I'm a Buddhist! Haha.

hahaha!!! I had a simular experince. I was at a non-denominational church with my father & brother, and I was telling them I wanted to leave, and my brother told me "It was the devil trying to tempt me".

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1978697 - 10/04/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
"It was the devil trying to tempt me". 

Come on, now, Twirling... I have a nice bag of cheetohs for you if you will just say "Fuck God".. now, come on, don't you want to make me happy AND get cheetohs?  :devil: :grin:

"Don't worry, Bart, I will build you a new treehouse so big and fantastic, it will be an affront to God himself!"

"Can it have a rope ladder, Dad?"

"Only if it is an affront to God..."
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1979398 - 10/04/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The devil has possessed you! I will pray for your soul, as it is in the hands of Damien himself! (and I will pray that God gives me the okay to eat those demon cheetos. Maybe if I wash them down with holy water it will cancel out)

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1979969 - 10/04/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I! would be slow to evoke the spirit of a demon let alone arch demon Damien himself incarnation in this physical plain.

Thats a line I could see being in a movie about demons and angels in A war that spilled out on earth during the apocalypse , and it would have nice comp graphics with flaming swords and glowing sword close up battles, and you just see the ground burst open and out would come chairiots of fire, driven by skeletons who spit wads of explosive bile and had 4 demon minions at thier side side.. followed by thousands of evil spirits, demons, and arch demons, crawling from the depths of oblivion. and what then?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1980698 - 10/05/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, well, I have cheetohs...

No, no, I can't live a lie. I have no cheetohs.  :frown:
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: The Power Of Placebo Compels you!! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1981922 - 10/05/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said: followed by thousands of evil spirits, demons, and arch demons, crawling from the depths of oblivion. and what then?

A product placement for Cheetohs?

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #1981983 - 10/05/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, I have to say that is an excellent fucking parable. I'm gonna try to remember that one and use it. And you really dreamed this? That's cool. The subconcious' power over us is just so much more than we give it credit for.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1983206 - 10/06/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
Quote:

2Experimental said: followed by thousands of evil spirits, demons, and arch demons, crawling from the depths of oblivion. and what then? 

A product placement for Cheetohs? 

Damn it if I didn't orginally say Doritios instead of Cheetohs... I don't like Cheetohs very much! :grin:

Oh, and before I depart, let it be known that fireworks_god eats Corn Flakes almost every day! You should too!
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here