Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: Rose]
    #1979525 - 10/04/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

your rights do not change as you travel from place to place.

if your actions do not initiate force against another individual, you should be free to act as you please, free from forceful intrusion, no matter where you happen to be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: gun control [Re: ]
    #1979578 - 10/04/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So you believe guns should be allowed at school?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #1979581 - 10/04/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

People in an urban environment deserve to be free of guns if they chose. This is where gun laws and smoking laws are similar.

Remember my "Irrelivant" first argument?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #1979587 - 10/04/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Silversoul7,

I think mushmaster just wants his guns on public transit.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Anonymous

Re: gun control [Re: silversoul7]
    #1979595 - 10/04/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

public schools shouldn't even exist.

if the owner of a private school wishes to ban weapons inside, restrict visitors, enforce a dress code, prohibit possession of cigarettes, etc., that's fine.

Anonymous

#1979600 - 10/04/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

People in an urban environment deserve to be free of guns if they chose. This is where gun laws and smoking laws are similar.

that's absurd. you don't have any right to be "free" of other people carrying weapons. their possession of a weapon is no business of yours.

there are many who follow your line of reasoning who would like their neighborhoods to be "free" of marijuana users...

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1979709 - 10/04/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So only people whose parents can afford it should get an education? I see it now. You ban public schools, so then poor people can't get an education, and can't get jobs. You then end welfare, so these uneducated people can't get any food to eat, except through stealing. And of course you keep your firearms to fend off these poor, starving, uneducated thieves. Brilliant!

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1979779 - 10/04/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If people are so paranoid that they need concealed weapons in public places to feel safe,they need to move somewhere else or start taking their Thorazine.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: gun control [Re: monoamine]
    #1979791 - 10/04/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Gun laws and drug laws are the same. You can't rationally be for or against one and not the other.

Some people abuse drugs and kill innocent people, some people abuse guns and kill innocent people.

Just because you like drugs and not guns doesn't mean you can be a hypocrite. Just like "Stoopid Amerikans" to be all in favor of their own rights but not give two shits about anyone elses.

That's called selfishness.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: gun control [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1979802 - 10/04/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think that cocaine should be legal, but I think you shouldn't be allowed to own a grenade launcher without a permit. Is that hypocritical?

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1979808 - 10/04/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Guns and drugs are not the same. You can't kill somebody from 50 yards with cocaine.

I'm for decriminalization or limited legalization of all drugs, but I don't want grams of heroin being sold at the local Quick-Stop. By the same token,I don't think citizens should be able to own handguns and military grade weapons.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1979851 - 10/04/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"You can't kill somebody from 50 yards with cocaine."

How is range relevant? There are things that guns do that drugs don't and there are things that drugs do that guns don't. Has anyone ever gon into DTs and a coma because they couldn't get any more bullets?

We can sit here and swap bad analogies all night if we want. The bottom line is Guns kill, get over it. Drugs kill too, get over that too. Neither are any more dangerous than the other. It just depends on how you use them.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1979860 - 10/04/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think you should have to have a permit to own cocaine.

I don't think I would give both a grenade launcher permit, and a cocaine permit to the same person though.

Most people should be allowed to own grenades and grenade launchers. OR cocaine.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1979902 - 10/04/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it's a bad analogy at all. As has been said a million times before,when you misuse a firearm you're likely hurting other people,when you misuse drugs,you're probably just hurting yourself.

Quote:

The bottom line is Guns kill, get over it. Drugs kill too, get over that too. Neither are any more dangerous than the other. It just depends on how you use them.

I don't know about that. I feel a little more comfortable holding up this bottle of Xanax and beer in the fridge than I do having a loaded weapon lying around.

Another thing: people have been using drugs ever since the dawn of Homo Sapiens (many of the same drugs used now). It's useless to control them when they grow themselves or can be easily made. Humans have only been shooting each other with machine guns for only a hundred years or so.

I thing some of the libertarian analogies applied between guns and drugs are seriously flawed.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (10/04/03 09:03 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1979920 - 10/04/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Then dont have a loaded weapon lying around.

Would you feel safer if your neighbor were shooting guns or if he were doing donuts in his pickup druck and driving up and down the street at incredible speeds blasted out of his gourd on meth and PBR?

Abusing drugs does kill other people. I wouldn't be surprised if they kill more people than guns even though guns are legal and most drugs are not.

P.S. many "gun deaths" are really drug deaths.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1979930 - 10/04/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you shoot someone in the head there is only one outcome (assuming it hits vital parts of the brain): death.

While one person may drink PBR and be methed up doing donuts,another person will just sit and watch TV on the same drug combonation.

Quote:

P.S. many "gun deaths" are really drug deaths.

Please elaborate. I don't quite know what you mean.

P.S. Most cancer deaths are really "heart failure".

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Invisiblewingnutx

#1979940 - 10/04/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

not necessarily. My friend Harry put a slug through the roof of his mouth and out the top of his head and he's fine. He lost a slight amount of motor skills.

Granted, his is not the usual outcome of such an action.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1979943 - 10/04/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

While one person might shoot hay bales another might shoot small children using the same kind of gun.

What if you shoot someone in the toe, how many outcomes are possible?

Drugged up people kill people with cars or guns or electric guitars. I'm not going to pull a made up statistic out of my ass, but I'm willing to bet that more innocent people are killed by people on drugs than are killed by people (with or without drugs) with guns.

If someone is willing to accept the risks of allowing drugs in society, then they should be willing to accep the risks of other people's potentially deadly hobbies.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1980037 - 10/04/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How many people are killed by drunk drivers every year?

Alot, and yet you don't really hear any talk about banning alcohol.

Baby Hitler is right, drugs do sometimes kill other people.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: gun control [Re: sirreal]
    #1980044 - 10/04/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I might should mention that when I say "drugs" I am including alcohol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds