Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Hookah, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Salvia as an anti-depressent: Twirling's Perspective
    #1979251 - 10/04/03 05:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Life has a tendency to wear on a person. I try to live it in the way I want to, which often clashes with the world around me. Through psychedelics I've learned that there is more than the culture we're born into, and the overwhelming social pressure and influence is an illusion. It's better to define yourself through yourself, not through expectations.

However, it's difficult to actually live that lifestyle, even if it's easy to philosophize about it. Yesterday I was very depressed and the beautiful colors in life faded to grays. I won't get into species, but I started doubting myself.

Today I was feeling a little bit better, but I still wasn't able to connect to the person I like to be. I pulled out my trust salvia pipe and lit up a bowl of 5x extract and within 15 seconds my perspective shifted back to the way I really see and feel things. I felt apart of my surroundings (literally), and I took the time to put on some music and stare at an "Alice In Wonderland" poster. The smoke from the hookah looked like it was floating away, and suddenly life seemed full of possibilities again. That's when I decided to type this up, because I sincerely feel that salvia can be a very effective way of connecting with myself and being able to focus on things. I remember how powerful the mind can be, and I am no longer helpless. The really key is that I?m not dependant on salvia, as the perspective lasts for awhile without the drug.

Coincidentally I am listening to a live Pearl Jam show (Boston, July 11th, 2003) and the song ?All Those Yesterdays? came on. Here?s the lyrics:

don't you think you oughtta rest
don't you think you oughtta lay you head down
don't you think you want to sleep
don't you think you oughtta lay your head down, tonight
don't you think you've done enough
oh, don't you think you've got enough, well maybe...
you don't think there's time to stop
there's time enough for you to lay your head down...tonight, tonight
let it wash away
all those yesterdays...
what are you running from
taking pills to get along
creating walls to call your own
so no one catches you
drifting off and doing all the things
that we all do
let them all wash away
all those yesterdays...
all those yesterdays
all those paper plates
all those yesterdays
you've got time, you've got time to escape
there's still time
it's no crime to escape
it's no crime to escape
it's no crime to escape
there's still time, so escape
it's no crime...
all those yesterdays
all those yesterdays
all those yesterdays

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Salvia as an anti-depressent: Twirling's Perspective [Re: Twirling]
    #1980758 - 10/05/03 06:52 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Cool. Sometimes I also feel better a couple of days after a Salvia trip. I usually appreciate my surroundings a little more.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Anonymous

#1980828 - 10/05/03 09:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Through psychedelics I've learned that there is more than the culture we're born into, and the overwhelming social pressure and influence is an illusion. It's better to define yourself through yourself, not through expectations.

Right on!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Salvia as an anti-depressent: Twirling's Perspective [Re: Adden]
    #1981088 - 10/05/03 01:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

And through the shroomery I can discuss these ideas without feeling like a crackhead.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
    #1982995 - 10/06/03 03:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
And through the shroomery I can discuss these ideas without feeling like a crackhead.

So true. Even with friends that take drugs themselves i'm a little dubious about puttin' all my cards on the table. "What did you do last night?", will be met with a, "Nothin' much", not sayin' a word about the flashin' lights and talkin' pictures that comes from a huge dosage of Phycedelics. Some people understand but mainly you'll just end up with a bad name as a waster.

"Here come the misunderstood,
It must be lonely bein' so good!"*

*The Prisoners

Oh yes, whenever i get terminally bored with everythin' around me i look forward to a trip on Salvia(or other ally)to break the monotony of modern day life and remind me just how insignificant we are as a race.
Quite humblin' at times.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Hookah, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports