Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Make graphics optional
    #197767 - 08/03/99 07:23 AM (24 years, 7 months ago)

You should be able to do this yourself somewhere in your browser options. I can't be more specific because I use an alternative browser (Opera). In Netscape I believe you uncheck "Auto Load Images". Just take a look through your options menus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#197769 - 08/04/99 05:42 AM (24 years, 7 months ago)

While I realise that it's asking for the moon, a text only version of The Shroomery would be the shit.

I totally concur with what Transcender2 says. When I'm here at work, the fact that I can't even check to see if there's new messages without 20%-25% of my monitor filled with that oh-so-happy, eye-catching-from-across-the-room, multi-coloured graphic is a security risk I'd rather not take. It is possible to turn off the image loading, but even when I tell IE not to show place holders for images, it does. So, although the OSHECFATRMC graphic may not appear, I've still got a sigificant percentage of the screen filled with obvious place holders for tons of images which also draws the eye unnecessarily because it's obviously wrong. Plus, this is a shared computer, I've got to remember to set everything back or get the "Why ain't this thing working?" from the coworkers later that day. Too many instances of SM turning off graphics for no apparent reason can raise questions I won't have a good answer for.

The world won't end without a text only version of the code, and I won't die or stop checking this site when everyone leaves the room for a few minutes, but it would be a nice choice.

Anonymous

#197770 - 08/04/99 03:19 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

When I surf this site at work, always with my fingers glued to the ALT+TAB key; switching back and forth from work screens to shroomery screen whenever someone walks by. I like the graphics, although it's not how I design it, but everyone is right, this site just begs for attention, with the bright yellow background and all. If there was an all text version, that would be great.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands
    #197771 - 08/04/99 04:51 PM (24 years, 7 months ago)

For some areas of the Shroomery, such as the individual trip repots and the main index pages for each of the 11 sections, it would be very easy to provide a text-only alternative. For other areas, like the static HTML documents, it would be more difficult. For the BB, it would be virtually impossible. If a lot of people really want this, I'll do what I can. However, it seems to me that setting your browser not to display images, and to use a black on white color scheme instead of the one the page specifies, should work reasonably well.

------------------
Ythan
Founder of the Shroomery

Jump to top Pages: 1