Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefade
church arsonist

Loc: asshole of the world
Huge jars for bulk
    #1975732 - 10/03/03 11:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Alright,

I've got 8 brf jars that are approaching full colonization. This is my first grow ever, and I would like to at least try spawning some horse shit with a few of my jars, and casing it, just to try and see how it works.

Problem Is, I don't have any filter patch bags, or anything of that sort. I Do, however, have some Really Huge gallon sized jars. Has anybody ever heard of success trying to use huge jars for colonizing shit?

--------------------
try and find something to look for in life

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHigh_On_Magic
Re: Huge jars for bulk [Re: fade]
    #1976717 - 10/03/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i suggest you get some quart jars, make up some cracked corn, preasure cook that shit, and get some tyvek or poly fill, take each half pint and make a quart, itl give you like 4x as much spaawn, then make up some shit :wink:

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Huge jars for bulk [Re: High_On_Magic]
    #1976784 - 10/03/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm hnot sure if this is addressing his question. If you want to spawn some horsecrap just get some disposable tupperware from the grocery store (glad or something equally as cheap).put your horsecrap in a bowl and add some distilled water. Then you can nuke it for 8 mins or so on high or you can pasteurize using a pot, water and thermometer. I would suggest using the nuking, because it is easier. The horsecrap will dry out so add more water then nuke again for 3 mins or so. Do this until you get a good moisture content. You DO NOT want the horsecrap too wet! This is the key to spawning. If it is too wet bacteria will eat it all up. Cover your bowl with foil and let it sit till it's cool. After that put some crap in your tupperware then some spawn, more crap then spawn. I think since you have jars (I am assuming they are small) you should not try to spawn alot of horsecrap. So don't get huge tupperware. Once you have put enough horsecrap in your tupperware (remember you need space for casing so don't fill it up) cover it with foil and poke holes into the foil with a needle or something. Put them in your incubator and wait patiently. You want to check it everyday to make sure you don't have bacterial contams. IF it smells like poo in your incubator, you have bacteria! Dump it, it was probably too wet. You can also lift your foil mybe twice a week to see if the poo is too dry. If it is, lightly spray it with a distilled water/hydrogen peroxide solution. Again, don't over do it. when it comes time to case use coir(bed-a-beast)/verm. It is really good.

Edited by cheesenoonions (10/03/03 05:20 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation