Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: koods]
    #19761749 - 03/28/14 08:50 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
UK homicide rate is about a third of the US rate. Actually, it's about a 1/4 of the US rate.

the UK also has a different criteria for determining what's classified as a
homicide, in the US even self defense shootings, justified police shooting,
other deaths by justifiable means are classified as homicide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: xanderofpella]
    #19761766 - 03/28/14 08:56 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

xanderofpella said:
Quote:

koods said:
The UK is ghetto thug central and Toronto has a huge gang problem

something tells me they aren't even comparable to L.A., chicago, new orleans, etc..

look at the violent crime statistics as well as the gun homicide statistics
for these countries, in canada guns have heavy restrictions but they arent
completely  illegal, they still have mass shootings, look at england where
guns are illegal, they still have mass shootings... I though that removing
the guns from the populace was supposed to end that

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/1440764.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8473029.stm

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19761850 - 03/28/14 09:21 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

I've noticed that the Anti-Gun people have never had to use a gun.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19761871 - 03/28/14 09:26 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Yep, when a big bad guy is getting ready to attack you holding out your phone with 911 dialed isn't going to make him run away, but a gun sure will.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Khii Khwaay]
    #19762014 - 03/28/14 10:05 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Khii Khwaay said:

I think that if I was American, I'd be more interested in finding out the reasons why my fellow countrymen liked to kill each other with such alarming regularity than the manner they choose to do it.

5 out of 100,000 per year isn't "alarming"... not to me at least. We're talking what 1/400 out of 50 years? One in 400 people? Werd.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #19762618 - 03/29/14 01:22 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
I've noticed that the Anti-Gun people have never had to use a gun.

Exactly. Been around 44 years and never thought "I could really use a gun right now." Pro-gun people seem to view normal daily annoyances as problems that a gun would help solve.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #19762638 - 03/29/14 01:30 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

educated pro gun ppl are not like that. there are very few occasions when drawing a gun is necessary and sane people never wish to actually need a gun.

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: SurReality]
    #19762718 - 03/29/14 02:05 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
educated pro gun ppl are not like that. there are very few occasions when drawing a gun is necessary and sane people never wish to actually need a gun.

I find it rather amusing when NRA people think it's safer to have a gun in the home around toddlers.

Also this story was bogus. NBC said no home raids have ever been executed and will not be happening.

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19762725 - 03/29/14 02:09 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
That's not the case for some feeble old woman alone dealing with a home invasion, sure glad we took her gun away aye?

Old women don't get home invaded, that's just the plot of some 80's Bronson movie. It doesn't really happen. Drug dealers get home invaded. 

Quote:

k00laid said:
drugs are illegal. do you have trouble getting them?

You can fit drugs up your ass, how many guns can you fit up your ass?

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

xanderofpella said:

look at the violent crime statistics as well as the gun homicide statistics
for these countries, in canada guns have heavy restrictions but they arent
completely  illegal, they still have mass shootings, look at england where
guns are illegal, they still have mass shootings... I though that removing
the guns from the populace was supposed to end that

Wait a minute gun control is supposed to end all shootings? Who the hell made that claim? I have a drunk driving spot check parked outside on my street now. So if there is a drunk driving death tonight that means the whole system failed and the cops should give up? What other law needs 100 percent success in order for it not to be a total failure? I hate to break it to you but no law eradicates a crime. All you can do is hope to lower rate.
Gun control reduces shootings and deaths. All the nations with it that aren't Brazil or Jamaica, you know places with same standard of living you have, they all have lower shooting and murder rates than you. All of them.
PS I don't care if Americans all shoot each other, that's Darwin, but please stop getting your guns stolen, they all end up in Mexico and Canada and we don't deserve to have your problems forced on us. I think losing a gun should involve prison and getting sued, but I only hear about your rights, never your responsibility.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: my3rdeye]
    #19762738 - 03/29/14 02:13 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
That's not the case for some feeble old woman alone dealing with a home invasion, sure glad we took her gun away aye?

Old women don't get home invaded, that's just the plot of some 80's Bronson movie. It doesn't really happen. Drug dealers get home invaded.

Maybe not in Canada :lol:

When you're going to hit a house, you don't necessarily stop to find out who's in there. Some do, some don't and dozens of houses could be hit in a single sitting. Really depends what kind of people you're dealing with.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Repertoire89]
    #19762777 - 03/29/14 02:34 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:

When you're going to hit a house, you don't necessarily stop to find out who's in there. Some do, some don't and dozens of houses could be hit in a single sitting. Really depends what kind of people you're dealing with.

Yes but if you're looking to prevent a home invasion, a gun really isn't NECESSARY. Virtually all home invasions can be thwarted off with a good home security system. No intruder is going to hang around and linger the second they hear the alarm going off.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Crystal G]
    #19762786 - 03/29/14 02:39 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

Yes but if you're looking to prevent a home invasion, a gun really isn't NECESSARY. Virtually all home invasions can be thwarted off with a good home security system. No intruder is going to hang around and linger the second they hear the alarm going off.

Agreed, not sure how that would work if you live on a farm but in the city or suburbs that's as good a deterrent as you could have. I'm not really interested in guns personally.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#19762791 - 03/29/14 02:40 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Repertoire89 said:

Also, I should add that I have a really difficult time with somebody who feels it's okay to shoot somebody dead simply because they are looting and are after a few material items. Yes, I understand it is your "right" to shoot somebody who's on your property, but why would you want to kill somebody who is probably just poor and isn't any type of a real physical threat to you?

This is why I don't like the NRA, is because they promote a "shoot to kill" mentality instead of a "shoot to avoid conflict" type of mentality. IMO a warning shot would be just as effective at getting a burglar to run away. Nobody is going to continue to loot if they hear gunshots. You don't really have to KILL that person.

So basically, the only people who need to use guns to kill people are people who believe somebody is after them and going to harm them or kill them. Which means you either likely have a stalker, or you are a criminal or mafioso yourself, or you are mentally disturbed and paranoid. Only 1 out of these 3 types of people should really be harboring weapons.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#19762813 - 03/29/14 02:59 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

Also, I should add that I have a really difficult time with somebody who feels it's okay to shoot somebody dead simply because they are looting and are after a few material items. Yes, I understand it is your "right" to shoot somebody who's on your property, but why would you want to kill somebody who is probably just poor and isn't any type of a real physical threat to you?

Depends on the circumstances but generally yeah I agree.
Personally I prefer a wooden baton.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: Repertoire89]
    #19762885 - 03/29/14 03:21 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

In 20 or so states, you can't just shoot someone who is in your house. You cannot defend property. You have a "duty to retreat." Only if you are unable to take another course of action, like running away, can you defend yourself with deadly force.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#19762895 - 03/29/14 03:27 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

In 20 or so states, you can't just shoot someone who is in your house. You cannot defend property. You have a "duty to retreat." Only if you are unable to take another course of action, like running away, can you defend yourself with deadly force.

Yea I know that it's not legal in California. You cannot shoot somebody who is simply vandalizing or stealing your property, they have to be an imminent danger to you.

Invisiblemyc_check1212
Through Brass
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rio Lobo
    #19763054 - 03/29/14 05:59 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

This story has been skewed. From what I have heard from CT residents is that this is NOT confiscation, but misguided police overreach. What is actually happening, supposedly, is that this is a police program that has been asking legal firearm owners if they have guns that are old or guns they don't want to be turned over for destruction. Mostly these owners have been elderly, the idea being that maybe the owners forgot they had them, maybe they can't make it out to hunt/range/trap shoot, basically a door to door "buyback" with no monetary or material recompense.

I get it, but police shouldn't be doing this. Police have other shit to do than small potatoes.

this is what I have heard second hand from CT residents and I have no links. This isn't door to door Gestapo thugery but a waste of police time and resources considering voluntarily turning over broken/unused/unwanted firearms isn't so difficult.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Gun Confiscation Is Happening Now! [Re: myc_check1212]
    #19763099 - 03/29/14 06:23 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, I think it was obvious in the first post of this thread that nothing like OP's claims were actually happening.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblemyc_check1212
Through Brass
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rio Lobo
    #19763118 - 03/29/14 06:33 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

I wish to propose a hypothetical.

lets say in this scenario the Second Amendment was repealed and police were coming door to door forcibly remove guns. Would you be justified in resistance?

technically, if an amendment is repealed its no longer law. I.E. alcohol prohibition but I have to recognize that the Bill of Rights is so engrained in American culture that some are not going to take this lying down and might "retort". Because while you can strike a Right from paper, you can't strike it from the People.

in this scenario in also trying to see things from the police pov. Its their duty to execute law, but how many would? Can police refuse an order they see as morally questionable, as a soldier can? I would like to believe that some police hold the Constitution as sacrosanct and would say no on principle. I would also like to believe there would be police who say the logistics are impossible and won't even bother because its a huge pain in the ass. I would also like to believe that there are police who won't participate knowing they might be shot at and killed or they might have to return fire.

the active duty military is not applicable in this scenario as per Posse Comitatus, except for Coast Guard, national guard et al

I would like to believe in this scenario that the People would defend when necessary while rebuking the Seconds repeal through legal avenues, and the police loudly and publicly refuse to enforce a questionable order. All without violence.

what say you.

Edited by myc_check1212 (03/29/14 06:35 AM)

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#19763165 - 03/29/14 07:05 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

I say the second amendment was a collosal blunder, but it isn't going anywhere.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale