Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomidel
Pizza... TO THEMAX!

Loc: Underneath the blankets.....
Salvia
    #1970134 - 10/01/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I bought some salvia 10x off of ebay about a month ago and me and my friends smoked it all in one night w/ a bong. We also mixed some of it with normal salvia leaf and felt no effects. We each had about 6-7 hits a piece and for the first 4 hits we all forgot to hold it in, but after that we held it in, but still, no effects/tripping. Do you think that the 10x was fake? Any suggestions?

--------------------
Mario Sunshine kicks ass.
Shinobi kicks ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Salvia [Re: shroomidel]
    #1970147 - 10/01/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yup it was fake. believe me you would know. especially with 10x. leave the guy on ebay negative feedback for having a fake product. and next time order from bouncing bear or salvia supply.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia [Re: Rebirtha]
    #1970170 - 10/01/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't buy shit off ebay. Literally. I have had many friends ripped off!

--------------------

Offlineshroomidel
Pizza... TO THEMAX!

Loc: Underneath the blankets.....
    #1970210 - 10/01/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wow, thanks alot. We all thought we had resistance problems to salvia, LOL! :smirk: 

--------------------
Mario Sunshine kicks ass.
Shinobi kicks ass.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #1970408 - 10/01/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Lots of fake salvia on ebay. And for some reason the buyers still leave positive feedback.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia [Re: Tantalus]
    #1971860 - 10/02/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Could be fake, or low quality.

Read this, if you haven't yet:
http://sagewisdom.org/smokeadvice.html
http://sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Salvia [Re: Annom]
    #1972851 - 10/02/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, be sure to follow the smoke advice.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
Re: Salvia [Re: Annom]
    #1972911 - 10/02/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

these are nice links. 5 shrooms for you.

i think i might have to try me some of this, too. seems likeit could be very interesting. right now i am leaning towards ingesting NOT by smoking. anyone have any strong prefernces (and why?) for sharing?

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Salvia [Re: seraphim]
    #1973960 - 10/02/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I perfer smokeing, i enjoy how it hits you and your almost "gone" before you can even let out the first hit. Chewing for 20-30 minutes is no fun at all.

Also unlike other drugs i tend to sometimes feel helpless on salvia as if someone or something is pulling me through the trip. For 10-20 minutes its eye opening and extrondinary but for an extended period of time due to ingestion it can be a bit tedious, for me at least. But no matter what path you choose, it will leave you speachless.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Salvia [Re: d33p]
    #1973973 - 10/02/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well a friend of mine bought some 10x of salvia from a shroomery sponsorer and we felt no major effects at all maybe a slight buzz feeling. I was pretty upset because I've read several stories where people cant even take another hit from 10x because there trippin.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1974161 - 10/02/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Was it that Chris Allen fucker from Hawaii??

For some fucking stupid unknown reason my friend send him 100 bucks and  actually expected to recieve a pound of dry leaf  :mad:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia [Re: Osker246]
    #1976008 - 10/03/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

But did you follow the smoke advice??
Sometimes it takes a few times before people break through. But not for me, I broke through on the second attempt, when I doubled the light dose.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlineaudiotryptamine
For MentalExtensions

Loc: Hicksville
    #1976484 - 10/03/03 01:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

From my experience, if you have a quality, standardized extract, there should be no reason to go any higher than 5x, but anyway, why buy off of Ebay when there are numerous reliable online sources?

Maybe your methods were incorrect, who knows. There's a good chance that it was fake though.. Next time.. Screw Ebay for salvia. I know many people who have gone ahead and tried to purchase it through Ebay and they've all gotten ripped off.. the only question I can ask is "Why?"..

Try taking more time in finding a reliable vendor with quality product instead of relying on some guy's crushed basil leaves to send you off to salvia space.

--------------------
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science."

OfflineHIghInOhio
stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Loc: ohio
Re: Salvia [Re: audiotryptamine]
    #1976679 - 10/03/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I just recently got some 10X extract from bouncing bear and it is of very low quality. I was much more pleased with their 5X.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1977148 - 10/03/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I recomend buying leaf and making your own extract, if you don't mind the work (and it's not THAT much).

1) Take your leaves and crush them up good (they should be dry).
2) Put the leaves in a jar with a tight lid, and pour in enough alcohol (I use 95% ethanol from the drug store) to cover the leaves.
3) Shake the jar for a few minutes.
4) Put it somewhere for a couple days. It actually doesn't have to be even that long, but the longer the better. Once I only let them soak for about 6 hours and still got good results. It's a good idea to shake the jar every so often, too.
5) Strain the mixture through some coffee filter and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the residue in the filter. KEEP THE RESIDUE! I put it on a plate and spread it out flat to dry (doesn't take long).
6) Now you have to evaporate the alcohol off. I use a double-boiler. May not be a bad idea to do it outside if you can. If not be VERY careful inside as the alcohol fumes can ignite. It's a good idea to do it under a hood fan. I wouldn't try it without using a double-boiler, either.
7) When ALMOST all the alcohol has boiled off (it will be a SIGNIFICANT portion of the total mix) I pour the remaining liquid into a glass bowl. Hopefully you don't have TOO much alcohol left. Try for just enough to keep the solution pourable so that it wont stick to the sides too much.
8) Now weigh out a 1/5th, 1/10th, 1/15th (or whatever strength you want) of the original weight of your leftover leaf, which hopefully is dry by now. Say you started with 30g of leaf and you want 10x, you weigh out 3g of the leaf residue. Put this leaf into the bowl and stir it in with a small spoon.
9) Find a way to GENTLY heat the bottom of the bowl. I place it on top of a washcloth in a few inches of water in a saucepan. Keep the heat on low, just enough to heat the water but not boil it (or the alcohol in the bowl). Keep stirring and eventually the alcohol will all evaporate off and leave you with a crumbly black goo. Use the spoon to move the pile of extract around the bowl and it should pick up MOST of what is left on the sides of the bowl. If you want, add a few ml of alcohol and swirl it around to get the sides clean.
10) As a last step, spread the extract out a bit over the bottom of the bowl and put it in a warm oven (<90 degrees C) for 5-10 minutes. This should get rid of all the remaining alcohol.

Voila!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Salvia [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #1977553 - 10/03/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I was rather happy with their 10x, personally. It was obviously of higher strength than the 5x, as expected.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #1978476 - 10/04/03 04:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

BBB seems to have some problems with their 10X extract lately.
Check this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Salvia [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1979135 - 10/04/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you should make your own extract...let the leaves soak for like 4-5 days then youll be sure its gonna be really potent...i guess most commercial vendors do very quick extractions, so its not that potent...

Edited by Grapefruity (10/04/03 02:13 PM)

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Salvia [Re: trendal]
    #2148770 - 12/01/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I recomend buying leaf and making your own extract, if you don't mind the work (and it's not THAT much).

2) Put the leaves in a jar with a tight lid, and pour in enough alcohol (I use 95% ethanol from the drug store) to cover the leaves.
4) Put it somewhere for a couple days. It actually doesn't have to be even that long, but the longer the better. Once I only let them soak for about 6 hours and still got good results. It's a good idea to shake the jar every so often, too.
5) Strain the mixture through some coffee filter and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the residue in the filter. KEEP THE RESIDUE! I put it on a plate and spread it out flat to dry (doesn't take long).
6) Now you have to evaporate the alcohol off. I use a double-boiler. May not be a bad idea to do it outside if you can. If not be VERY careful inside as the alcohol fumes can ignite. It's a good idea to do it under a hood fan. I wouldn't try it without using a double-boiler, either.
7) When ALMOST all the alcohol has boiled off (it will be a SIGNIFICANT portion of the total mix) I pour the remaining liquid into a glass bowl. Hopefully you don't have TOO much alcohol left. Try for just enough to keep the solution pourable so that it wont stick to the sides too much.
8) Now weigh out a 1/5th, 1/10th, 1/15th (or whatever strength you want) of the original weight of your leftover leaf, which hopefully is dry by now. Say you started with 30g of leaf and you want 10x, you weigh out 3g of the leaf residue. Put this leaf into the bowl and stir it in with a small spoon.
9) Find a way to GENTLY heat the bottom of the bowl. I place it on top of a washcloth in a few inches of water in a saucepan. Keep the heat on low, just enough to heat the water but not boil it (or the alcohol in the bowl). Keep stirring and eventually the alcohol will all evaporate off and leave you with a crumbly black goo. Use the spoon to move the pile of extract around the bowl and it should pick up MOST of what is left on the sides of the bowl. If you want, add a few ml of alcohol and swirl it around to get the sides clean.
10) As a last step, spread the extract out a bit over the bottom of the bowl and put it in a warm oven (<90 degrees C) for 5-10 minutes. This should get rid of all the remaining alcohol.

Voila!

Is there any way to keep the extract in liquid form, so as to take it sublingually?

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Salvia [Re: trendal]
    #2148771 - 12/01/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:

Voila!

Is there any way to keep the extract in liquid form, so as to take it sublingually?

-ergot

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale