Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheDoc
Loc: Tahawus, NY
Questions on strains and grains.
    #1973916 - 10/02/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My dog Egbert told me in a dream about this dream HE had and it left me with some questions....

"What do you think about Millet? I was going to try a qt each of, Rye, Millet, 2/3 rye and 1/3 millet, 1/3 rye and 2/3 millet 50/50 rye and millet and one of Karo water but I've read a few things in the past few days that seem to suggest that Millet might be more trouble than its worth in terms of contams and mushy cakes.
I'd like to grow out some Koh Samui SS on a rye "cake", dunk it in vitro and then birth after 12 hours or so to a casing. Casing would be 1/2 cake over moist verm topped with 50/50+ casing mix or maybe something with coir and black pepper to taste.

Is 80-86 F degrees a good and safe temp range for incubation? My gas oven holds this temp range 24/7 even with all four burners going on the stove. I boiled water on all four at once for 45 minutes to check.

Has anyone tried adding oxygen to the growing chamber? I'm thinking about doing a trial with .5 liters a minutes 24/7 during fruiting or 2 liters a minute sever times a day to see what happens."

At least thats what the dog said

Doc

P.s. Why is it that every time I sit down to write my mind goes blank and all of the well thought out ideas I've been mulling over turn to so much cotton candy? Huh? damnit. I'm going to Maine.

--------------------
I'm a liar. All posts are thoeretical only. If I claim to have grown or be in the process of growing and mushroom other than legal edible mushrooms I'm full of uncomposted crap or am a fed sitting in the cubical next to yours... Or maybe I'm undercover, so don't blow my cover. Go away.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: TheDoc]
    #1973927 - 10/02/03 09:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineTheDoc
Loc: Tahawus, NY
Re: Questions on strains and grains. [Re: ]
    #1973948 - 10/02/03 09:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

oh yes, going to pressure cook the lot, only doing the karo water by itself. I figure on syringe ought to do the lot and the differing media will help ensure success.

Foop!
Doc

--------------------
I'm a liar. All posts are thoeretical only. If I claim to have grown or be in the process of growing and mushroom other than legal edible mushrooms I'm full of uncomposted crap or am a fed sitting in the cubical next to yours... Or maybe I'm undercover, so don't blow my cover. Go away.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation