Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Biohacking * 2
    #19737411 - 03/23/14 04:38 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Studying and experimenting with herbs and supplements Is a huge passion of mine.

I am a bio hacker and student of life extension and performance optimization.

I believe everyone should adopt a daily nootropic stack and an adaptogenic stack.

The tools of bio hacking are diet , exercise, supplementation, gadgets and behaviour Modification.

Increases athletic performance , muscle growth, Lucid dreaming , improved mental health and happiness, longer lifespan and better quality of life, improved social, professional and sexual performance are the pay offs.

I feel so amazing so consistently it's hard I believe I used to struggle with anxiety and depression.

The right medicine, diet, supplements, exercise, meditation, mental attitude and social interaction makes all the difference.

Cutting edge science meets self experimentation and ancient wisdom.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStellaMagnolia
Good Vibes Fairy

Loc: The Vibe Tribe
Re: Biohacking [Re: Moonshoe] * 9
    #19737415 - 03/23/14 04:39 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

But pizza

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Biohacking [Re: StellaMagnolia]
    #19737447 - 03/23/14 04:47 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

I was picturing biohacking as being something quite different from this. Engineering yeasts to make illegal drugs in fermenting vats, making weird freaky plants and shit like that.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Biohacking [Re: psi] * 1
    #19737556 - 03/23/14 05:14 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Basically the idea is that just like a computer hacker intervenes in the programming of a digital system to alter its performance and achieve a desired result, so the biohacker intervenes in the biological system of the body and brain to alter its performance, transcend its limitations and bypass the biological processes that prevent maximum results.

Here is a quick run down of some basic but powerful biohacking:

Exercise :

Do 1-3 of coach kozac's "hasfit" exercise videos on YouTube each day, alternating workouts and taking a rest day when needed. Supplement with New Zealand whey protein and creatine.

Diet:

High protein, high healthy fat (fish oil, coconut oil, olive oil, omega 3) high vegetables especially green vegetables, low or no gluten, sugar, carbohydrates or processed foods.

Ideal foods: freshwater fish, bison, elk, hunted game, venison, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach.

Supplementation:

Nootropic stack- piracetam, citicoline and modafinil on occasion

Adaptogenic stack- ginseng complex, rhodiola, ashwagandha

Vitamins and other supplements -b vitamin complex, d vitamin, fish oil, spirulina , chlorella, reishi

Superfoods- apple cider vinegar, raw garlic, turmeric, raw cacao

Gadgets- hepa ionizing air filter, reverse osmosis water purification, showerhead water filter, vaporizer

Behaviour modification- daily silent breathing and mantra meditation, lucid dreaming training an dream journal

Positive psychology - practicing gratitude and self love, setting goals and constantly working towards self improvement

Things to avoid - aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar,
Preservatives, flouride, water contaminants, ssri antidepressants, amphetamines, cocaine, tobacco products.
Heroin and pharmaceutical opiates , MSG and trans fats, white bread, excessive alcohol.

Things to do:

Epsom salt bath / transdermal magnesium, bentonite bath and internal bentonite with psyllium cleanse, massage (getting and giving) , acupuncture and acupressure, floatation/sensory deprivation tanks, biofeedback training (wild divine programs), nature therapy - camping , hiking, canoeing, gardening, socialization with friends and romantic love and intimacy. Lumosity brain training games.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (03/23/14 05:18 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Biohacking [Re: StellaMagnolia] * 1
    #19737566 - 03/23/14 05:18 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

StellaMagnolia said:
But pizza

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Biohacking [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #19738495 - 03/23/14 09:11 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Dave asprey or "the bulletproof executive" is a major proponent of biohacking. In many ways he is a goofball but his podcast and website are good places to get some ideas abou biohacking . He takes it to a ridiculous level with gadgets and doesn't do almost any exercise which is ridiculous but he has a lot of interesting ideas and knowledge about some advanced health and nutrition stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleBlackWidow
Male

Re: Biohacking [Re: Moonshoe]
    #19738545 - 03/23/14 09:24 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

What are your doses for all of the supplements?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Biohacking [Re: BlackWidow]
    #19739756 - 03/24/14 06:50 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Each of the supplements will come in a bottle and each bottle will have dosing instructions (example take 1 capsule twice a day with food or take 3 capsules once a day etc)

So I just follow the dosage instructions on the bottle and I recommend everyone else do the same.

The only exception are ashwagandha extract complex where I take 3
Times what the bottle recommends (3 300 capsules a day is what I take , 900 mg total but the bottle says only one a day) I Also take five times the bottle recommended dose of vitamin D a day (I take 5000 IU vitamin D daily ) because I live I a frozen wasteland where it is always dark and we get gezp sunshine 8 months a year.

Other than that I follow the dosage recommendations on the bottle which means
2 magnesium capsules, 6 chlorella capsules, 2 scoops whey protein, 1 resveratol, 1 b vitamin complex, 2 ginseng complex, 3 rhodiolla extract, 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, 1 tablespoon raw brown rice organic miso.

At night I take up to 1000 mg valerian extract (2 pills) and 2 capsules of passionflower with chamomile tea for sleep.

I will be taking one 300 mg adrafinil capsule a day twice a week when it arrives .

--------------------

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
    #19740328 - 03/24/14 10:39 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
Basically the idea is that just like a computer hacker intervenes in the programming of a digital system to alter its performance and achieve a desired result, so the biohacker intervenes in the biological system of the body and brain to alter its performance, transcend its limitations and bypass the biological processes that prevent maximum results.

Here is a quick run down of some basic but powerful biohacking:

Exercise :

Do 1-3 of coach kozac's "hasfit" exercise videos on YouTube each day, alternating workouts and taking a rest day when needed. Supplement with New Zealand whey protein and creatine.

Diet:

High protein, high healthy fat (fish oil, coconut oil, olive oil, omega 3) high vegetables especially green vegetables, low or no gluten, sugar, carbohydrates or processed foods.

Ideal foods: freshwater fish, bison, elk, hunted game, venison, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach.

Supplementation:

Nootropic stack- piracetam, citicoline and modafinil on occasion

Adaptogenic stack- ginseng complex, rhodiola, ashwagandha

Vitamins and other supplements -b vitamin complex, d vitamin, fish oil, spirulina , chlorella, reishi

Superfoods- apple cider vinegar, raw garlic, turmeric, raw cacao

Gadgets- hepa ionizing air filter, reverse osmosis water purification, showerhead water filter, vaporizer

Behaviour modification- daily silent breathing and mantra meditation, lucid dreaming training an dream journal

Positive psychology - practicing gratitude and self love, setting goals and constantly working towards self improvement

Things to avoid - aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar,
Preservatives, flouride, water contaminants, ssri antidepressants, amphetamines, cocaine, tobacco products.
Heroin and pharmaceutical opiates , MSG and trans fats, white bread, excessive alcohol.

Things to do:

Epsom salt bath / transdermal magnesium, bentonite bath and internal bentonite with psyllium cleanse, massage (getting and giving) , acupuncture and acupressure, floatation/sensory deprivation tanks, biofeedback training (wild divine programs), nature therapy - camping , hiking, canoeing, gardening, socialization with friends and romantic love and intimacy. Lumosity brain training games.

What if one has no self control to be able to do all these things?

--------------------

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Biohacking [Re: Synthe]
    #19740338 - 03/24/14 10:41 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

i like this thread

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#19740360 - 03/24/14 10:51 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

If your willpower is weak just choose one easy change like "drink more water" or "eat one salad a day" and start with that an slowly work up.

--------------------

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
    #19740398 - 03/24/14 11:01 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Bookmarking this thread because I see good things for its future. :thumbup:
Extremely interested in this topic after I discovered the power of nootropics.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Offlinezee007
Gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Biohacking [Re: Zombi3]
    #19740415 - 03/24/14 11:07 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Love it when you make threads like this Moonshoe

but pizza

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
    #19740443 - 03/24/14 11:13 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
If your willpower is weak just choose one easy change like "drink more water" or "eat one salad a day" and start with that an slowly work up.

What if I can't afford one salad a day?

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#19740527 - 03/24/14 11:39 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Then just try to drink more water and either a. Do ten push-ups a day or B. do 15 minutes of meditation a day

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Biohacking [Re: zee007]
    #19740539 - 03/24/14 11:41 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

zee007 said:
Love it when you make threads like this Moonshoe

but pizza

Thank you! My pleasure.

As for pizza I recommend a whole wheat crust, roasted garlic, spinach and chunks of elk steak for the topping and grass fed cheese with real tomato sauce - a biohacked pizza!

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

#19740565 - 03/24/14 11:48 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Well the only one that I can 100% agree on is diet and fitness. They directly relate to benefits. Nootropics are cool and interesting but lack of research makes them still unknown.

- I can almost 99.9% be sure that Noopept makes me read faster and understand information. It could be placebo but I don't think that is the case.

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Biohacking [Re: Gorlax]
    #19740574 - 03/24/14 11:50 AM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Posting to subscribe. I'm definitely a fan of this lifestyle. Every day I try to be a little better, whether that's finding a new supplement that helps (I finally bought Ashwagandha Moonshoe, but I bought the whole root and don't really know how to best use it, I'm going to order the extract caps today I think), changing my behavior/thought process, exercising, bettering my interactions with other people, etc. Great thread Moonshoe!

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Biohacking [Re: bryguy27007]
    #19740641 - 03/24/14 12:10 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks bryguy ! Ashwagandha is a must forgot but look for extract
Capsules and tinctures .

Take it every day. It's wonderful for anxiety and getting off/ replacing etizolam among many other benefits.

I use AOR brand extract AOR seems to be a legit trustworthy company for supplements.

I can add a lot more biohacking tips, tools and Techniques to this thread and elaborate on the theory of biohacking if people are interested and it looks like they are !

I have had great results biohacking my own life and I keep learning more and more as time goes on.

I will keep updating this thread as often as possible with useful supplements, diet and workout tips, and lifestyle hacks .

Thanks for reading more to come when I get home! I will also link my other threads on these topics here.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#19740651 - 03/24/14 12:15 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

uh how about i just drink coffee?  that seems to give all the benefits of everything you mentioned.

less glib though, whats the point of being a peak performance human?  where is the benefit?  you don't have to be at your peak to make money, learn, fuck or have fun.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules