Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

just bought a PS4
    #19737405 - 03/23/14 04:35 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Finally caved and picked up a next gen system. Got a PS4, Two controllers, Call of Duty Ghosts and a year free online play (PlayStation plus) all in a package for $600 after tax.

What are the best games? I fucking suck at COD! This is the first time I've played any COD so I'm getting straight owned online.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: Magicman69]
    #19737934 - 03/23/14 06:57 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

Assassins creed... and that Tomb Raider definitive addition maybe? There are some good games in the PSN store also..oh Infamous second son came out but i havent played it.. You can add me lordsenate  . I don't play a lot but I will as more game comes out and am usually down to rock some online games with people. I have damn near all the games except the ones that just came out.

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: LordSenate]
    #19740786 - 03/24/14 12:43 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

So playstation online is going to cost money like Xbox now?

You have to think, most of them fuckers playing COD have been playing CODs since COD4 or possibly even before that. I remember playing COD3 online.

That's like over six years of COD gaming experience they have. You probably don't suck.

I remember playing COD3 and 4, the rest COD games weren't memorable at all.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: GreySatyr]
    #19741153 - 03/24/14 02:05 PM (10 years, 26 days ago)

The difference between playstation + and xbox live though is PS+ comes out with new games that you can download for free every month and they usually have at least a few that are damn good games.. you get to keep them for as long as your subscription is active.. so essentially you can download all the free games they come out with every month and have them until you decide to stop paying for it.. which makes up for the subscription by a long run and also they have discounts and stuff all the time too for people with PS+. xbox live comes out with maybe 1 game every now and then for free?

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

#19746065 - 03/25/14 04:49 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

So is playstation minus free?

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19746222 - 03/25/14 05:33 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

What? I don't think you need playstation + to play multiplayer on PS3 but PS4 you do.. but it crosses over for all systems, vita, ps3 and ps4.. If you wait until black friday or other times there are sales you can get a year for 39$ which isnt bad at all. Like I said it comes with a whole shit load of games and discounts too so it ends up paying for itself on top of the fact that you need it to play online.

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

#19747942 - 03/25/14 11:15 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Naw that's not bad if you compare it to Xbox prices but compare it to PS3 online and you will notice that it is a full on 100% increase, PS3 online was free, that was the reason I loved it.

Money, money, money.

Gotta buy a TV, the system, the game, pay the electric bill, pay for an Internet, buy a router, still gotta feed myself, gotta have a vehicle and gas to get to my job so I can buy all this shit.

You know as enjoyable as video games can be, are they worth all that shit?
You're time and money? Fuck man. Sorry that's an epiphany though.

--------------------

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
    #19748039 - 03/25/14 11:54 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

LordSenate said:
The difference between playstation + and xbox live though is PS+ comes out with new games that you can download for free every month

Xbox copied this idea with "Games for Gold" on XOne, but apparently they've had nothing but shit games the last few months :lol:

PS4 isn't all so great to me really. Next-gen graphics are cool and all, but there are about 0 good games for it so far.. Tomb Raider was ood, but only lasted a good 8-9 hours with no replayability. AC4 already bored me, and BF4 and KZ are just your typical "run around and shoot whoever you see" games.
I'm actually considering selling mine and then just buying a new one in like a year when there are actually good games. Right now your options are limited to online FPS games, one racing game, and a few adventure games. The indie games are ok, but nothing to get excited about. Hell, I can go download "last-gen" games on Steam for way cheap and still have them look even better than PS4 on a good gaming rig. I just don't see the value in my PS4 right meow, and with college fees and bills creeping up on me it's not really worth it at the moment. Honestly, I've used my PS3 way more than my PS4 in the last two months because I can't find anything else to do on it besides watch Netflix of Hulu. At least I have good, classic games on my PS3. :shrug:

Ok, my rant's over. Anyway, congrats on the PS4 Magicman. Hopefully you'll get more enjoyment out of it than me. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: George Sears]
    #19748051 - 03/25/14 11:57 PM (10 years, 24 days ago)

I figured that's how it'd be. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

#19748356 - 03/26/14 01:28 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

They had Tomb Raider and Gears of War I think on there but that wasnt recently i dont think.. PS Plus blows it out of the damn water tho lol

There isnt much value in a PS4 right now but I have money to blow so I got it and there WILL be games on it that is exclusive to only that system.. same with xbox one which is why I get them. As for right now, most people should pass it up IMO. I use steam a lot too, big picture and use a 360 controller.. hook it up to my TV.. just like a console lol. But I like all systems really.

InvisibleShroomguy706
Lost In The Desert
Male

#19751121 - 03/26/14 04:23 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Congratulations mate. :smile:
First time I wasn't able to get it at launch since the ps1...
Hoping to get one at some point though, games look sweet. Also hoping for some (or more, if I've missed some successful early attempts) hacks soon, I'd much rather get it unlocked like all my other consoles when possible.
As for the ps+ membership- I liked the optional model on the ps3, free games, other content, and whatnot was a nice reason to have a fee, better than XBL IMO, though I didn't often use it myself; as someone said, the system + accessories + games were already enough money for the most part. I'd prefer if the ps4 setup was at least like 6-12 months of free multiplayer from whenever you buy a new game, and ps+ then allows play after that, in the same way as it does now. This could help with the new/used game thing without being overly detrimental to used buyers if done right. It could even be set up so used games gave say 1-2 months instead, so they could still try out the games full potential, and then decide to get a membership if they enjoyed it.

--------------------
Long time Shroomery reader, nice to finally join in on the fun.
Sorry for the occasional, rambling, long posts...

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

#19751484 - 03/26/14 05:28 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

I think the new UFC game looks awesome. I'm excited to see the graphics and online game play for it. Also NBA 2k14 is absolutely amazing for graphics and game play. I know a lot of people don't play sports games, but that's my main attraction to gaming.

To above poster I got 1 year free online PS+ when I bought the system. A $50 value

Edited by Magicman69 (03/26/14 05:30 PM)

InvisibleShroomguy706
Lost In The Desert
Male

Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: Magicman69]
    #19752030 - 03/26/14 07:13 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Oh, well I like that at least you get a year free, I hope this is something that remains throughout the consoles lifetime, and not only launch or another specific period before they remove them.

Man I wanna play some BF4 now... I love playing BF and using vehicles as traps/mines/rolling explosives by filling them with my c4 before I use them for whatever. Could have a lot of fun detonating my jeep-type thing in between both enemy tanks, or parachuting from my chopper only to let it dive bomb the enemy hq. I imagine the new more 'changeable' landscape makes BF4 for a very fun game. The fact that you can damage your surroundings was a favorite part of Red Faction for me, and I would guess BF4 makes it even better.

And now after talking/thinking about the PS4 I'm pulled between preordering Elder Scrolls Online for PC or for PS4. Almost forgot, I mean the edition with a figure; I'm a sucker for collectors editions, especially ones with figures or other substantial gear. I can play the PC version (beta tester, so I'm already sure) but I'm interested in the PS4 version, for a few reasons, and because when I get a 'next-gen' system I typically buy all of my games for it. If I have all of the various systems, I buy console exclusives for the given system, but any and all multi-platform games I almost always get for the playstation, barring something like a collectors edition only being available on another console or the rare time when I buy the collectors edition for each system due to differences in gear included or something similar. And usually I only buy PC games through steam (or just torrent them) or similar. Though at this point being without a PS4, and not knowing if/when I might get one I'm not gonna buy a game for it yet. Maybe it just seems weird when all of my other collectors editions of games are for consoles- not all ps3/2, but always on a console...

Anyway more on topic- what other games did you end up getting, if any so far, if I may ask?

--------------------

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: Shroomguy706]
    #19752939 - 03/26/14 10:07 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Damn it, bro...

You sound like a hard core gamer...

Anyways, let me know how elder scrolls online is.

I will probably never own it sadly because of money and time constraints.
But the elder scrolls series is one if not the series of my favorite games.

--------------------

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

#19752958 - 03/26/14 10:13 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

I feel your pain man.. I really wanna get TESO this summer but I know I won't be able to afford it or even play it since I had to put my PS4 up for sale today too.
:feelssadman:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomguy706
Lost In The Desert
Male

#19753132 - 03/26/14 10:55 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

ESO is the first game I've bought in like a year, but after testing, and since I love the series, I just had to get it. Lucky for me I also been able to hack every console I have, so even though I couldn't buy new games, I still got to play plenty of them :lol:
Before that gaming was one of the few things I spent money on, and I had collected since I could walk, so it added up. I've also been a member of the playstation underground since it's inception, and eventually I was invited into the Gamer Advisory Panel for Sony, and associated companies. Thanks to that I could get tests, demos, and sometimes shwag for free, or invited to cool events/contest/tournaments. Was never lucky enough to win any contests, but I've been happy about some tournaments/events.

And when I was able to regularly buy games, I always got the collectors edition if it existed. I've even gotten a few press kits for games, store promotional displays and the like.
ATM though, other than my ps3 most of my systems need repaired. I'm in a good position because I have the skills to fix most of the stuff myself, the only problem is I don't currently have a soldering iron, nor the money to buy all the parts I need to replace.
Sorry, got off topic, just hadn't really talked about gaming much as of late, and I'm proud of my collection, but don't know many local gamers ATM. Family, health, and other reasons have been throwing my last year or so off.

The one thing I'm not happy about with it is the ESO membership fees, idk how long I'll be able/willing to continue it. Monthly fees are the main reason I've never gotten into mmos on a larger scale. If they do more testing of ESO I should be able to share an invite with one other person. It's PC only, but If I do get one I was thinking of doing a giveaway or something here.

I think they should do something with mmo fees and the ps+ membership. I know they're unrelated, but I feel like console gamers won't like the monthly fee, and many won't be willing to play it. Maybe ps+ could do something like each month you get a free mmo membership of your choice-- ESO might be it for a while, but I imagine eventually there will be quite a few. I doubt it'd ever happen, but it would be a nice bonus to the ps+ membership.

Destiny looks like it could be a fun game, and I like that bungie is releasing stuff multiplatform and not Xbox only. I saw some gameplay and I hope it plays as fun as it looks. Infamous: Second Son is another game that should be good, the series is basically always pretty good.

--------------------

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Re: just bought a PS4 [Re: Shroomguy706]
    #19755789 - 03/27/14 02:45 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Awesome story, video games were my lfe for a long time.

but Yeah, I wouldn't bother with a monthly fee.

Fuck that, I don't care awesome a game is.

I love video games but I wasted a lot of my young life playing them and once my PS3 crashed a lot of shit happened in my life and I haven't owned a console system since. Of course, I had two consecutive roommates that owned a system and I'd occasionally play on those which was awesome but now I don't have the time. Back in the day I loved RPGs, online FPSs sand box style games and the occasional action game. I particularly LOVED FF, MGS Elder Scrolls and GTA.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale