Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The Personality of Music
    #1972572 - 10/02/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, yes, I have been listening to some great music with, what we will say, an expanded frame of mind. :grin:

I also recognize the fact that almost no combination of fitting words will begin to describe the full experience that I am having, or to get across the feelings and senses, connections to past thoughts that are sort of lumped together for some general feeling or impression, and such that really shape the thoughts and experiences I am having.

However, I will go noble and try my best.

So like yeah, live music, you get some people together with a collection of instruments that blend together to create it and everything. Now, it sounds more authentic and real when it is real people that actually can play their instruments that actually sit in a room together for a few months and write their own songs, because then the music is an accurate reflection of the people playing it and everything...

Music, i think, is something that has no rules on how it can be made. Think of all the different genres of music we have, the thousands and thousands of bands in all of them,  and the fact that each and everyone of them has their own, unique sound (at least somewhat, of course, there are a lot of fucking bands out there for money and rip off whatever is trendy at that moment, fucking yesterday's hits anyways!).

Music is a form of life. We have free will. Every single thought and feeling we have ends up shaping who we are at the moment. There is a general direction that the collection of our thoughts and experiences push towards and everything, but ever thought helps in part to push it in whatever direction.

Music is the exact same way. COMPLETE free will. You are completely free to do whatever the hell with your songs.

So, our intentions basically shape the music. Any intention or lack thereof plays a part in shaping the music into what it is. Approach your music as a true reflection of your mood, and that is what it becomes. Take some sort of message or agenda into your music, and that is what it will take on. If you want your music to sound laid back and trippy, it will sound that way, if you want it to sound evil and demonic, it will have that sound, if you want it to sound trendy and hip, that is what it will sound.

Of course, the free will in music is limited by the situations and environments it is faced with. Every members technique and skill on their respective instruments, how the bandmates work together, etc. all decide what is available for the music and everything..

But, anyways, what I am getting to is that music takes on its own personality, just like we develop a personality from our thoughts and expereriences, whatever gets put into us. Every song has its own texture and experience, and of course every group has their own sort of sound...

And now I have lost any direction or focus, so I will end here. I'm a ramblin' man, I'm a ramblin' man... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Personality of Music [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1975915 - 10/03/03 01:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ahh... good ole :stash:.....:grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: