Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand
 User Gallery
Cline rips Patriot Act to shreds
    #1972464 - 10/02/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Cline rips Patriot Act to shreds

by Mike Williams
October 01, 2003

Every so often, some little tidbit of info comes along that needs to be recognized and praised for its blatant opposition to injustice and corruption.
This week, our very own Cline Library deserves such recognition for their refusal to cooperate with the federal government regarding the release of patron records.
As I hope many of you know, our leaders have deemed it acceptable to blatantly invade our privacy, compile massive archives of personal information, and just generally piss all over the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.
They call it the Patriot Act, but in all reality, it?s just another attempt by a corrupt, greedy, and ruthless bunch of thugs (who weren?t even elected) to procure more power and a bigger military spending budget.
Our public schools remain overcrowded and under-funded, and, while asking for an additional $87 billion in blood money for oil, have the gall to tell ordinary citizens to send their children to private schools and academies.
Well, sirs, I can?t really speak about anyone else, but my mother was not a politician. She could not afford to send me to a private school and still save for my college (thanks, Ma!).
Public schools were my only option for an education and I got the one of the worst in the world. Why? Because we can?t educate the middle and lower classes too well, now can we?
One of the stipulations that came with the Patriot Act was allowing the federal government access to library records and our country?s librarians have been up in arms ever since. See, librarians, while usually quiet and reserved, are like badgers on PCP.
Let them do their business and allow people the opportunity to expand themselves, and our librarians are just fine. But, once you mess with them a little, they will gladly disembowel you and then strangle you with your own intestines. Not pretty.
However, our library has taken a stand. They made it known they will not stand idly by while our rights get trampled.
By simply destroying checkout records after the checkout is complete, it makes it impossible for the feds to keep track of anything.
Refusals like this are occurring all over the country and I was stoked to find out that it was happening right here. Kevin Greenwood, library aide at Cline Library, had only one thing to say about it.
?We do it to protect the students and borrowers privacy.? And I have nothing but respect for those not willing to compromise in defense of our freedoms.
Ben Franklin said those willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. This man was an original American and we could use a few more like him about now.
To all the protesters, activists, and true patriots, keep your heads up. There will be a reckoning.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Cline rips Patriot Act to shreds [Re: motaman]
    #1984077 - 10/06/03 04:18 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I'm still shocked that the act has not been destroyed. Its sad that something this huge is barely acknowleged by the american people. I wonder why it has not been chalenged in court yet...

Re: Cline rips Patriot Act to shreds [Re: DailyPot]
    #1985574 - 10/07/03 01:24 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

DailyPot said:
I'm still shocked that the act has not been destroyed. Its sad that something this huge is barely acknowleged by the american people. I wonder why it has not been chalenged in court yet...

probably because most people don't see any effects of it, they therefore don't even care if it exists. most of the american public is ignorant and spoon-fed propaganda 24/7, i'm not surprised they haven't been up in arms against the slow chiseling-away of the constitution.

That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Cline rips Patriot Act to shreds [Re: DailyPot]
    #1985827 - 10/07/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Alot of people see it more as 'protecting our freedoms' as it is 'stopping terrorism'

It wont be until later, when more people notice the adverse effects it has on personal freedoms that more protest will be heard. People are scared, and big brother is here to take care of us all...

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service