Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Dorm room plants
    #1971892 - 10/02/03 04:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What would be some good dorm room plants?

Currently I have San pedro - Trichocereus pachanoi, Sage - Artemisia ludoviciana 'Silver Queen', Peppermint - Mentha piperita, and Kanna - Seletium Tortuosum.

Any others that would be good "special", decorative, useful, or flowering, that aren't too hard to take care of?

Any tips for care of the above, or any suggested plants, would be appriciated. Lighting, soil, etc. Should I just get some fluoros? What kind and which are the best for the money? I can't spend too much. Also appriciated would be any uses for the plants that might not be common knowledge.

Thank you very much for any information.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Dorm room plants [Re: psyphon]
    #1971993 - 10/02/03 06:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Try some Nicotiana rustica, I have had recent experience with this plant and its wonderful! It surely puts commercial tobacco to shame.  :smirk: How about Datura? I have some seeds, give me a PM.

BTW, Did I miss your Telluride post? :wink:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Dorm room plants [Re: psyphon]
    #1972322 - 10/02/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Back in school i was branded as that dude that had weird plants in his room.

I had T. Pachanoi, Salvia, and some others i've forogotten. I put them on the window sill and let them get light that way.

Fluoros would be too much trouble for a dorm room dont' you think? Not to mention a fire hazard and those damn inspector dudes that come in over break and during the year for like testing the smoke detectors and shit. Best to keep stuff that'll do fine on a window sill.

Why not some Wild Dagga too?

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Dorm room plants [Re: neuro]
    #1974137 - 10/02/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I wouldn't be interested in Nicotina b/c I don't smoke tobacco.  I'd only be interested in datura for the appearence / scent, they grow pretty easily, right?  I think I will look into dagga, seems interesting and the flowers look pretty cool.

Do you think the window will provide enough light in the PNW?  I was thinking I could just get a clamp light and a compact fluro (the kind with the standard base).

oh and it doesn't matter if I'm the weird guy with plants; I'm a botany major  :grin:  and aparently this place has already had a few like me, so ppl are used to it  :thumbup:

Thanks again. 

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies