Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
I get so depressed in the mornings.
    #1971897 - 10/02/03 06:06 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Especially recently. Last night I stayed up untill 3am, my girlfriend had some friends over and they had a few rounds of drinks. She was still talking to me on the internet but then all of a sudden she stopped. I told her I'd call her when I got up if she was around becuase I had to get up at 5:20 anyways. When I call her I ask how the night is. I was particularly pissed off that one of her freinds, who recently she's been comparing me to ("You suck, Jon is so much better of a pool player") whipped his dick out in front of people and started pissing off the balcony... this she found extremly amusing. I have been drunk and done this exact thing, albeit not infront of other people, and have been scolded. Also, he babbles non-stop but it's intelligent... that is he actually made points. Where as I talk alot when I'm drunk, and she makes fun of it (could swear I make good points when I'm drunk though)
Everynight this week she's been drinking with this same person. She says that I'm being overprotective, and I say that I am definantly concerned becuase the last person she had over drinking solo she "slept" with (we weren't broken up or anything) It started out the same pattern of events; meet freind, start talking less with me (about 4/5ths less compared to other weeks) then eventually they drink into the morning... I'm just not sure if this is the type of person who is just going to be a "freind" and not someone who is set to replace me. I mean, he's already been with her to bars, picking up her tab, trying to get her to dance etc. etc. I'm not really worried about the penis whipping, I just think it's fucked up...
Anyways, I get really depressed in the mornings. I called her at 5:20 and she just happened to be up. THe first thing she does is start comparing him to me, and I'm all upset (I still haven't had that much sleep) and it's so cold in my house and I feel so alone. I was supposed to see Jon this weekend, but after the phone call my girlfriend has delayed seeing me another day, and besides Jon is her "freind, not yours" so does that mean I'm excluded from the party?
This has been so fucked up, I do admit I have emotional issues with rejection and replacement, I don't think I'd have it this severe if the situation didn't perfectly mirror the previous situation that led to the cheating. I love this girl, she says I'm being over protective and that this guy is just a freind, and there is no potential of replacement, but the words seems so hollow and I remeber the time she said the same exact thing about the guy she cheated with.
Ok, so what to I do? Do I go to bed every night without talking to her, let her do whatever she wants and accept the possible outcomes while still hanging on to the relationship when I am with her in person. Certainly I'm not trying to end all of her freindships, which she claims, but I wish she would form a freindship that didn't revolve around drinking. The thing I want least is a drunk girlfreind finding someone else amazing, wondering what she ever saw im me, and then leaving me. I'm so upset I wanted to through the phone into the wall, but it was an expenive phone and I know I'd feel bad. WTF, now it's off to class... 3 and a half hours straight, per subject. And she's not even seeing me today?

1. It's cold
2. I'm all alone
3. I am being replaced, or at least my girlfriend is hating me more and more.
THis is why I am depressed in the mornings, and it's lasts all day and into the night why can't I just be like normal people? Seriously wth.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1971905 - 10/02/03 06:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

First thing that comes to mind about your situation is: When you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours.  If it doesn't, it never was.

It sucks having doubts while in a relationship with someone you really care about.  I'm sure we've all been there at one time or another.  Maybe you should play a little hard to get.  Don't call, go about your business like you always do.  It doesn't seem like this relationship is headed anywhere good.  How long have you two been together?  Maybe it's best if you break it off before it gets worse.  Before you do anything drastic like that, i would suggest just distancing yourself from her a bit.  Let her come to you.  Let her see what she has and may lose if it keeps going the way it is.  And if you DO lose her, then ask yourself "Was she really worth it?"  By the sounds of it, you would probably be better off, and less stressed.  I really hope things work out for you.  Try not to let it get you down.  Life is too short to waste it being upset.  Smile, hold your head up and make the best out of every situation you can.

My heart goes out to you. :heart:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: sykobish]
    #1971925 - 10/02/03 06:42 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

>How long have you two been together?
-Four years, and she is my first love.

>And if you DO lose her, then ask yourself "Was she really worth it?"
-If I lose her, it still would have been worth it. Even if the breakup is horrible.

>By the sounds of it, you would probably be better off, and less stressed. I really hope things work out for you.
-Thanks alot! The relationship has been very strong for the past few months, none of this stuff started happening untill about 2 weeks ago. She becomes less dependant on me because she has someone new to talk to, while I stay just as dependant. While I keep seeking her out, she seeks me less and less as a result of it. The only way to preserve this would be to back off and give her the space she needs, thanks for giving me that perspective. There can be no issue of trust, it's just not going to work even if I doubt her or myself a little bit. I have to learn to live with the fact that this person is going to drink with her everynight of the week, and that my girlfriend is just "too tired" to deal with me, or learn to not live with it at all. I hope I'm not setting myself up for something bad, but ya gotta have faith.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#1971976 - 10/02/03 07:44 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh.. shit.. I didn't realize it was such a long relationship. I had the impression that you and her had just recently gotten together. 4 years. That's quite a while. In that case, I would strongly suggest the backing off a bit approach.. Be less dependant. Let her chase you. She is probably taking it for granted that she has you and is so used to the fact you are always there. I'm sure when she sees that you aren't always calling or whatnot.. she will show more interest.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: sykobish]
    #1972029 - 10/02/03 08:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ive been in that exact situation...twice. I went into denile and wouldnt really accept that the "friend" was replacement, and it wrecked me for alot of months. Seems alot of girls play this game, and it hurts like hell.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous #1

Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: PDU]
    #1975812 - 10/03/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I understand what you are talking about.    I cant sleep late any more because of it.  I wake up every morning from a bad dream onley to realize that it is  true. I cant got to sleep early eather because I will just lie their with my own thoughts.  Wich right now isnt always a good thing.  Just remember that all will be right in the end and just keep on smiling
:grin: :grin:

Rick Danko from The Band sang this

Don't send me no distant salutations
or silly souvenirs from far away
Don't leave me alone in the twilight
Twilight is the loneliest time a day
Don't put me in a frame upon the mantel
'Fore memories turn dusty old and grey
Don't leave me alone in the twilight
Twilight is the loneliest time a day

OfflineRxEnergy
energy in abottle!
Loc: halfway between horrible ...
Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: ]
    #2010154 - 10/15/03 01:05 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Dude I am sorry to say but that really sounds like she is cheating on you. Please read this site, it might give you a lot of insight and it definately did just that for me ....

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

if you wanna talk on here or aim or whatever about the situation to help you feel better just pm me. take it easy friend .

--------------------
No matter how bad you think it is, it could always be worse. ALWAYS!!!!

Anonymous #1

Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: RxEnergy]
    #2010412 - 10/15/03 02:53 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

that site is helping me out... thanks :smile:

I know its biased but it helps to get my head in check. :smirk:

I <3 syko

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: I get so depressed in the mornings. [Re: ]
    #2010546 - 10/15/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

<3 :grin:

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2010650 - 10/15/03 05:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

As goa-artist Rip Van Hippy said, "Waking up is hard to do"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being