Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: intelligentlife]
    #19755906 - 03/27/14 03:14 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

intelligentlife said:
I show few photos there too! :sunny:

I was so excited today to see flowers. Watering I have started roughly 2weeks ago or something..

Small overall picture:

I just love this L. Koehresii flower profile! <3

Small "time lapse" trough day

Happy spring time to everyone! I see buds coming from few cacti at my garden, also I find spider wondering around my floor, I took paper and moved the spider to one L. Caespitosa pot, let's see do spider find something to eat there.. :yesnod:

These are my absolute favorite.:datass:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #19793426 - 04/04/14 08:29 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I had new species to my collection..

Mammillaria Formosa

This mammillaria is spectacular when older, it splits the head and forms many heads instead of grow new offshoots. I read this species is treasure when it's old enough.

Lophophora Williamsii v. Decipiens / Lophophora Decipiens

I am not sure myself is this Williamsii genus lophophora, however this is probably self-sterile because there are lots of dead flowers and they're not turned fruits. For the sake of test I add some l. wlliamsii pollen to this flower. I don't expect anything but I did it at same time when I pollinated my l. williamsii plants, I have separate peyote plants flowering so I wanted to increase odds to have dozens of seeds in fruit.. I have always mixed pollen from flower to flower for purpose of produce seeds. That's one reason I obtained two of these if these are in fact self-sterile so now I have two different seed grown plants and hopefully they flower same time when summer goes on. :gangsta:

Very nice and spectacular plant of lophophora indeed, small and fabulous.
Another have lots of small offshoots, plant with flower have one offshoot. These reminds me more about l. fricii genus what comes to plant size and flower of the plant. Still there is some williamsii-style formation also. I never have had this species before.

Both mammillarias and lophophora plants are potted to 7x7cm pots so that gives an idea about the size of these plants. I almost always buy two or more same species in case of I can have chance to produce seeds and grow them from seed.

Do anyone know can different mammillaria species pollinated and produce fruits with seeds? I have one mammillaria but it's flowering season is late summer or fall, these new mammillarias should flower whole summer.. I hope I can get both to bloom same time and get some seeds.

I just couldn't resist to get this mammillaria, the way these plants grow when aging is so spectacular and main head should split to two, then four, eight, etc.. No branching, only splitting the main head... Very rare style for cactus.

Soon I hopefully can update pics of echinopsis and astrophytum flowers also..

Anyway, what about you guys know about this "decipiens" lophophora? is it more relative to williamsii or fricii? to my eye size of cactus reminds me about l. fricii and still I see some distinct williamsii pattern in ribs.

Vendor sold this as both names by: Lophophora Williamsii v. Decipiens / Lophophora Decipiens. Very interesting loph and one species more in my collection  Also I am very interested of these mammillaria plants what I have read about this species it's very spectacular after several years and very easy to grow. :bow2:

--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (04/04/14 08:32 AM)

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

#19826692 - 04/11/14 02:26 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I decided to add my pereskiopsis graft work..

Some time have passed when I have practice my work, now I have learned a tek to grow fast buttons.

Seedlings can be get easily from my garden

My purpose is probably to graft the forwards to trichocereus OR just take them to cutting.

Can someone of you say how big buttons is big enough to be taken as button cuttings?

Anyway, pics from grafts!

Few grafts

Older and younger at picture

This seedling, I supposed it's williamsii, still form seems to be kind of a small column and funny, I don't remember is this really from williamsii seed patch but I haven't sown anything else in few months

Not so old graft taken and started to grow

One grafted scion seems to pup lots

Also not so old scion, but relatively big compared to those growing from seed where I have take my scions

My frirst williamsii graft, for some reason stock have drop it's leaves

--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (04/11/14 02:28 AM)

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
    #19826783 - 04/11/14 03:40 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

intelligentlife said:

Nice looking plant. :thumbup:

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: LSoares]
    #19826847 - 04/11/14 04:57 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LSoares said:
Quote:

intelligentlife said:

Nice looking plant. :thumbup:

It is..

Basically it have been grown grafted to few cm wide, now it's 7-8cm and have grown tap roots, seems it's degrafted few years back. Still tap roots isn't so big than this button could look it have big root system..

Well roots are basically 7cm deep, plant is 7-8cm diameter and it's very "tall" about 5cm or so.

Still, these are delightful ones.. 

I have tried to hold on few peyote and ariocarpus wool at their top but since I occasionally spray plants from top in order to prevent mites, dislodge them from skin and so on.. Some wools turn like they're in habitat in my garden. This plant I have tried to preserve it wools, still I someway like the appearace of peyote like they're in habitat.. rough plant exposed to elements.

Because RSM is constant problemo in my garden starting from fall and end at spring. I have seen it's just better to spray them with pure water when it's cool night time.

Some peeps may know me and my pics about fucked up peyote with neem oil or another oil based pesticides.

Still. I dip these pots to neem oil water, then spray surface to disloge mites to growing medium what smells neem and have neem. I think it is ok way also.

I usually try to invent my own ways to treat pests. I have notice it' s good to dip pot to pesticide water, then spray loph skin with pure water to dislodge those pests to soil where is the pesticide.. So far scarring have stop and my lophs doesn't have suffer any damage from pesticides.

So many mistakes behind. So many rotten and dead peyote because I have tried too aggressively control RSM. Well.. I live with nature, they're part of it.. Now days, I never use anything than water directly to skin of peyote and hope those what disloge from skin to soil, those will suffer because they got contact of neem oil in soil.

I hope this works.. Soon I go to greenhouse and start hunting of spiders.. Now I have done only one neem oil soak. But I hope I can go outdoors, find spider living happy in greenhouse even there is half meter of snow outdoors. And I carry lots of spider in jar to my cactus garden..

IF spiders starts to flourish, I am sure they like to feed on pests.. If they are not interested of plants, then I know I have no pests.. Usually when spring comes and humidity rises here at arctic, RSM seems to disappear, but fucking winter and frosts cause them live indoors 3/4 of the time of year. :shakefist:

Long time goes, I have learned I need to just live with the problem and try to deal with RSM with methods actual method doesn't damage the skin more.

Basically every single cactus except lophophora doesn't have suffered from RSM so badly. Some lophs I have I know for a fact their skin is purely result of environmental shock.

It's odd some vendors lophs shocks instantly when they got new home.. some vendor lophs adjust very good.

Also lots of challenges.. I have summer with constant light.. My windowsill is so bright even trichs skin can suffer minor sun burns without any extra lights. And LONG dark winter, it is problem I need to resolve somehow..

I have think to get some very cheap and easy not so bright light over winter and give 4hour of light during 2month dark time. but no water for 6months. Only minor spray.. Problem is etiolation what I need to keep in control via dehydration..

Now I have settle down for long time this house, I have moved 4 times in 3 years and some plants just have suffered constant environmental changes.. Now I don't even move my plants and care them only during dark(if I have time)

I could say I have indoor "cactus conservatory" now... Very big windows, lots of light from march to september, also first sun shines hit just the spot I have my plants at darkest time of the year when sun is slowly starts rising above horizon.

I have still notice some species doesn't like so fast changes in day time lengthening or reducing. For example eastern cactus starts to flower when official sun light is about 11hours per day, but 1hour per week more longer day causes shock and flowering stops.. Still, they bloom but I think not all species like this at all they spent summer at 24hour light, winter at 0hour light and time between is so fast radical change they simply just shock.

Ofc I see this good project to know what plants even flower indoors and how low temps they need over winter to flower, also I have learned lots about cactus..

One very good example is what proven the factor how lophophora starts flower.. It's heat.

Heat control flowering, light control actual flower open and close time and so on..

I think some of you have read my story about when I was cleaning, I moved my L. diffusa to windowsill with heat radiator below.. at mid-winter when there was 0hour light, diffusa put out flower bud, it never opened and lasted 2days as closed bud. I wasn't watered that diffusa for months. Seems this climate is constant experiment what is good and what is not good for cactus.

They are still better house plants then common ones.. Plants with foliage causes lots of leaves drop during dark time of year, Cacti are relatively slow growing and if heat is keep out, I can easily keep them over winter.. Minor etiolation happens always but if it's not bad, they start going fat again when it's spring and more light. :smile:

After summer I want to show you pics how nice vigorous spine growth my windowsill trichs grow.. also some how fat these plants grow.. Basically I just have big windows to east and west at corner of my house. So they have sun so much I think I need to give them some shade from south to prevent pale skin developing. Those plants looks fine at day time.. Night time their skin goes very pale, never before seen that happens in windowsill.. Lophs are at shade of trichs and they seem to love the spot where they have only evening sun.

Soon I can show picture from A. Ornatum flowering.. Bud have develop at top of plant some time now.. It seems soon plant put out flower.. I have one foot size Astrophytum Ornatum also. I just like it and want to grow it very big fat column. :awesome:

Also those seed grown lophs I have kept somekind of blog thread here are enjoying the bright spot and I can say, sun have done wonders to their skin, Under year biggest are over 1cm size buttons.. And I grow them way I let them shrink before I soak water again with randomly 2-4week time they are without water.. Lots of them have got nice size and more and more they start to be in touch to each others. I probably grow them as crowded in that pot and separate when I can ID peyote and koehresii separately.. They are 1year old at mid-summer and probably that time biggest can be 1,5cm size.. Well. I see that later how big plants they after grow of 12months.. First winter I give them when grow season ends. :smile:

I usually grow seedlings over their first winter and give dormancy at second winter. Even I know young peyote can hibernate at very small size. Everyone go by their own ways.. :smile:

--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (04/11/14 05:03 AM)

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

#19831198 - 04/12/14 03:13 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I am basically bored and think to show more random pics from plants in my garden!

I haven't nothing to do this saturnday so I think to take few pics randomly from my garden at mid-day sunshine.. +30C temperatures already before noon.. :pipesmoke:

Trichocreus Pachanoi plants

Some Random san pedro cactus, this is just 15cm long an 2cm fat offhoot cutting
This clone do "rib play" and have 1-2 honey colored spines from aerole, as adult spines grow randomly here or here. I need to wait to get this big. Only I know this is active clone enough.. And this is just a small piece from cut column.

Trichocereus pachanoi probably.. I got this in trade from one shroomery friend. This pup is finally started to grow when introduced to spring sun. This is san pedro for me. Offshoot from bigger plant.

This etiolated tip usually happens when I have too short cutting or not much roots in plant. Later on it should grow more fat.. This was whole winter without any significant grow and now this 5inch cutting growing. Thanks for this cutting my friend!

19 plants of lophophora willimsii cactus plants crowded in one clay pot. Plants size from 1-2cm

I don't remember exact day but I sow at early this year over half thousand peyote, tray looks fine at the moment, These I have grown very hard grown way, they have already suffered dehydration at age of 1month, I have to spray two, three times per week water to surfce of this tray. I havent count how much plants I have and this is seedling patch where I have took peyote for grafting.

Random pics from tray with hundreds of young peyote growing

I could say, I have enough peyote plants coming, and one is double head one, basiacally doesn't increase it's value at all, only for me.

Some random lophs(probably willaimsii) and bigger tray pot is diffusa, few months old

3cm peyote button grafted to blue myrtle

Lophophora Caespitosa, at very plump up stage of growth!

Astrophytum Ornatum, one foot tall plant, flower bud for this summer coming!

And Mammillaria Formosa keeps it's flowering crown..
Also my another Mammillaria formosa have started to flower, I hope I can do some seeds for me..

--------------------

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #19831218 - 04/12/14 03:30 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

intelligentlife said:
Some Random san pedro cactus, this is just 15cm long an 2cm fat offhoot cutting
This clone do "rib play" and have 1-2 honey colored spines from aerole, as adult spines grow randomly here or here. I need to wait to get this big. Only I know this is active clone enough.. And this is just a small piece from cut column.

Trichocereus pachanoi probably.. I got this in trade from one shroomery friend. This pup is finally started to grow when introduced to spring sun. This is san pedro for me. Offshoot from bigger plant.

This etiolated tip usually happens when I have too short cutting or not much roots in plant. Later on it should grow more fat.. This was whole winter without any significant grow and now this 5inch cutting growing. Thanks for this cutting my friend!

That random san pedro is awesome, love those subtle spines!

It will be good to see how that spiny cutting develops growing over there, compared to what remained here :sunny: The more mature stems lose the smaller spines and keep 1 strong central.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #19831313 - 04/12/14 04:45 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I just happened to find out I have one young koehresii in one pot with 3 another one.. Didn't even know this flowering.. I don't know howcome flower looks so "raped" , like it's missing something, those bigger l. koehresii had very beautiful flower and I got nice shot from it.:tongue2:

If I remember right, this is the first flower for this cactus, to bad, bigger one have flowered and no fricii flower so I can't produce seeds, bigger koehresii flowered some time ago and suddenly this smallest put out flower.. It looks kina "Raped" I don't know why, just find this plant have flower

would fun to have koehresii seeds, or koehresii x fricii or anotherway :awesome:

--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (04/12/14 05:06 AM)

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #19832140 - 04/12/14 10:42 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet pics. You say the temperature has been up to 30 already there? Here I don't think it has even topped 20 yet this year.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: psi]
    #19836290 - 04/13/14 05:38 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
Sweet pics. You say the temperature has been up to 30 already there? Here I don't think it has even topped 20 yet this year.

I speak indoor temperatures. Outdoors is day time about +2C and nights are -10C to -15C. When sun is up it warms much at spring. My plants are at corner of house where is windows to two direction, east and south. Sun is totally powerful sun shines very long time and I don't need to use any electric to heat whole house because sun heat up house pretty good also.

Trichs and few many others are on their own, but mexicans like lophophora and ariocarpus are at area where heat have some extra heat.. Those mats isn't so hot.. only about 20-30Wattage per heat mat.

I use wide area heating mats and I have aluminum trays linked together and pots are in those aluminium trays, they work as tray should be under the pot.. There are pretty much of holes and water comes easy trough the pot so I have build aluminium trays nearby what stand above 3 heating mats, then I have heating with timer adjusted to be on at morning, then little break at mid-day and then some hours on during night.

Overall temperature at level on roots are around +30C even sun don't shine, it can rise with sun relatively high. But I have randomly 15min breaks so plants don't still are baked because of heating mats.

They're ok to use only 6months in year and winter I keep them off and plants without water.

I try to mimic desert environment and cause air temperature changes from +30C to +19C at spring, I've noticed lophophora and ariocarpus enjoy from that extra heat.

Snow probably smelt after 1 month or so, usually June is the month summer can be really seen outdoors.

My heating cycle is from 6AM to 8PM.. (with few 15-30minute off time)

I heat only these mexican plants. Lophs and ariocarpus during growing season and randomly mist then at night, it disturbs possible spider mites enough and after watering when I spray skin, soil is soaked with water contains neem oil and I spray possible pests in to soil where is neem all around. It hopefully helps they don't start big colony..

I need to pick few spider when greenouse season I opens, I get them go to my cactus plants and I see if they live long there, there is some pests in plants. There are only spiders what doesn't even can bite humans and they are very good to use in garden. Greenhouse is full of those very early and they enjoy greenhouse and spread to big colony when it's summer.

--------------------

Edited by intelligentlife (04/13/14 08:34 AM)

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

#19863692 - 04/18/14 01:50 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I got something to ask about those growers who have grown lophophora decipiens cactus.

Do this species belong to Williamsii or Diffusa family in Lophophora plant genus? What is Decipiens and what are it's have been found? (there is pictures from day one and two of bloom. I obtained two of these because if they happens to flower same time, I mix the pollen from flowers. Bigger plant(in bloom) have only one relatively ok size offshoot growing behind the button. It's hard to take picture from that spot. Anyway. Is this williamsii or diffusa -family lophophora?

Flower opens more at second day or so. Both have flowered but not same time, too bad.. I hope I can collect some seedpods and seeds to grow myself. :takingnotes:

These pics are few hours later. Wonderful how open flower can go with these. Sad these was not so pink deep color what there was in plants at picture. Still, night time with small flashlight when you check the flower is very pink when closed.
[/url]

Also there is some Trichocereus pictures: Smaller and bigger plants enjoying the spring time. That spot is pretty intense light and get more and more powerful what comes to sunlight, basically they have direct 12hour sunlight but spot where sun shines changes during day goes on.. At summer they start to have direct sun at 5-6AM approx. And sun shine there till 8PM

Sold as T. Pachanoi, I don't remember when I buy this but it was a small 4 inch cactus and now it's one foot size. It develop very nice spine grow at summer of 2013.

There is bridgesii, pachanoi and peruvianus plants (sold by those names as cuttings and I have grown some from small cactus but times ago buy'd plant seedlings of t. pachanoi and t. peruvianus. These seems those common seed grown pachanoi-peruvianus strain what is common in Europe. Some seeds sold today are very old and I haven't got much of a plants from seeds of them. Usually I managed to have only few plants from +130 seeds sown. (I had to buy bridgesii with big roots so I had a stump of cactus and some new growth from.. This is basically first spring for me I have bridgesii plant and growing.. Of  have grown longer some seed grown bridgesii but they are some 5-20cm seedlings. I have trouble with few seedling plant also. Only big root system having plant have worked with bridgesii cuttings. I just don't understand what cause those to have mold growing inside of them and later cutting dies. Never happened to other trich species with cuttings.

There are also seed grown. I buy'd these as a cluster of san pedro. 3-4 plants per pot and I planted two clusters growing to 13x13cm pot. I have minimal amount of space. So can't use large pots and if I do. I need to give plants away if I plant to have some new. I have randomly sold plants to collectors.. Mostly to elder people who are thrilled to have so rare slow grown plants what isn't so usual in common nurseries where are mostly indoor plants suitable to arctic climate, randomly small patches of cactus plants are sold without labels and they are best to buy at the day those have arrived to nursery, so they don't grow ugly spending time usually in very shade.. Lophs are basically(especially williamsii) considered as poisonous cactus here anyway. People know it's considered as illegal, but it's very hard to farm so much there is enough for consumption, I think dried cactus is directly illegal to poses but living plants are legal in this part of EU where I am but there is peyote nurseries countries around my country.

Cactus plant genus is still very mystery to know as common people because those plants grow in nature very fucking war away. There are few cactus collectors and I know at very north especially those cobular echinopsis and mammillaria and maybe gymnocalycium can flower if winter time is ok. Cacti usually take the 2month darkness when there is only 1hour of some light in day, it's usually so cold outdoors it's easy to find a place where plant goes to hibernation or growth is stunted because of cold. :yesnod:

About those small hybrid trichs I have write a thread here.. I drop few water drops to pot and move them back to south windowsill, soon they have some direct sun again and I move them off when they have had some hard spines to top of seedlings. Slowly they should be able to grow at windwsill over this season and good size small plants to hibernate next winter. There is pretty fresh pic from those hybrids I moved to direct sun again and let them bake in sun some time. Forecast said it's coming cloudy so these seedlings probably have diffused daylight from sky. Anyway, process of acclimatizing those is going on.
I have grown these with pretty small amount of water and kept soil dry before new drink. I just don't understand neem + dimethoate isn't effect the bugs running in coco coir underneath the mix.. When I move growing medium from surface I see those running even I have given neem and dimethoate to these plants every 2 weeks or so. Bugs are running, but seems Those bugs isn't effecting those plants at all. They look healthy and good seedlings even there are running some bugs I have never seen but usually it disappear when plants are bigger and grow in more drier soil mix. Hopefully I start so see the effects of neem over summer I have still planned to collect spiders and add them together with seedlings to miniature greenhouse, so plants should be clean of chemicals. In one month I probably have very good conditions for growing plants in greenhouse, heated during night.

Then just pics from my graft project one specimen where is trichocereus or blue myrtle for 2013 end summer grafts.
button is almost 4cm diameter. Main head have stop grow and it have forced 5 offshoots. I bet in long shot, main head disappears in few years. Totally stunted main head. This is not caespitosa peyote. I grafted it 2013 late summer and it was single head 3cm peyote cactus. Some RSM damage but it happens to come always at winter and mostly they are in control but random plants they happens to spent time and it can be seen trough winter. I hope very cold winter so it will drop temperature for these very much. Last summer -40C outdoors and I measured near the glass +9C overall +13-17C at that spot. Trichs should do 2-4 dark months without grow when they are started to dry early enough. I have totally moved out from growing plants under any artificial light source. Pure sun light.

Normal peyote forced pups to every direction after graft. Main head barely grows.

Those pics is taken at night under kitchen fluoro tube light without camera flash light. It's birght enough but smooth light. Plant is self grow under stong light at shady spot and seems pretty comfy. Pot is maybe too big but plant have done good in this mix. Stock is section of etiolated trichocereus macrogonus and was just enough diameter to add <3cm peyote in the middle on plant. It had some spider mites, I have started to control them by water dislodge and try not to cause excess moist so soil. Soil is soaked to water where is add pesticides neem or neem+dimethoat. Sometimes I take care of spidermites by add them in very moist and hot box without basically causing anything than high humidity for long time. few weeks spent dry peyote plant can be kept about one week in very high almost 90% humidity with good circulation of air. I have seen plants start go scarred, then kept in humid box few days and taken out, and those haven't any new scars anymore. But I am not sure do those bugs disappear if it's long moist season or do they come back again?

I have heard rumor spider mites explode in very humid, so humid plant can use it trough skin but soil is kept dry. Lophophora can take pretty long time and survive in very humid box and they have seem to caused stop for spider mite and same time scarring stop after few days is very humid and plant have to be very dehydrated to take that humidity few days. Only very high humidity with dry roots. I need to test out this more because I am sure at early winter those bastards starts to run around plants. So far it have worked with spraying the skin randomly. I am not sure still do that tek remove the mites overall or do eggs in soil. Also I have think how eggs do in moist what is thing they really hate. It's pretty good just to use pure water to skin of peyote and use different teks. I tried by wipe those all with mostly water but 2 drops of isopropyl alcohol and one drop of dimethoate. I had a moist paper and when caused pressure, there comes pesticide and water with isopropyl alcohol.. I rarely do it and cause not to use too much of isopropyl alcohol.. Mostly I don't use anything but dimethoate have been very safe to skin of the plant and never caused damage when add at night time and keep skin dry over day. Some plants I have don't have scarred at all, some have more.. And usually those have spider mites when they come inside. Cold air comes very fast after summer and when it's starting to get dark and cold, those bugs come indoor plants.:whoah:

Edited by intelligentlife (04/18/14 03:12 AM)

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

#19871092 - 04/19/14 03:31 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

If I had to guess, I'd say the plants labeled L. decipiens are L. williamsii - but that's all, a wild guess. If you have two plants that don't flower at the same time, you could try collecting the pollen of one flower with a paintbrush and store the paintbrush in a zip-lock bag in the freezer until the other plant flowers.

--------------------

Sowing cacti - my way!

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

#19873370 - 04/20/14 11:03 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I need find my small paintbrushes and buy those bags soon, lops flowering and soon it's time of watering, they are very shrik. When those flower I could use freezer to store the pollen from flower.

Only once I have storaged the pollen but it's from cannabis plant.:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #19873383 - 04/20/14 11:06 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I wonder if it's worth saving entire spent flowers for the pollen. They crush up to powder pretty easily when dry and there must still be some pollen in them.

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: psi]
    #19873510 - 04/20/14 11:38 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I wonder if it's worth saving entire spent flowers for the pollen. They crush up to powder pretty easily when dry and there must still be some pollen in them.

A grain of pollen is a living haploid cell with limited survivability, and I suspect it would be dead and useless in a matter of hours. However, I don't see why freezing the entire flower wouldn't work.

--------------------

Sowing cacti - my way!

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

#19896807 - 04/25/14 04:18 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Today I manged to photograph my biggest Astrophytum cactus. It's one foot tall. Pretty old.

I watered it at 23th day and then flower speed up much and opened 2days later. Bad no another astrophytums flowering atm.:sun:

04/12

04/23

04/24

04/25

--------------------

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #19897611 - 04/25/14 09:53 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

oo very nice! And is that ground without snow I see there? :shocked: :laugh:

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Offlineintelligentlife
Noaidi
 User Gallery

Re: Photos from spring, my garden 2014 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #19897892 - 04/25/14 11:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Slowly snow started to smelt away :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals