Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTherian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Bama gonna Crimea river * 1
    #19707131 - 03/17/14 02:26 AM (10 years, 14 days ago)

So now Obama states that he is going to "punish Russia" that in itself make me laugh, apparently it does Putin also. Putin as well as the rest of the world realizes just how much of a pathetic, embarrassing, inept,loudmouthed jackass, this president is. He is intent on doing nothing more than spewing empty threats.

Why is it that the Obama admin. now feels it is acceptable to recognize and offer American support to a violent group, that by force took over a democratically elected president of a sovereign nation?

Funny as hell that when the Muslim Brotherhood was overthrown in Egypt Obama was screaming like a bitch about how this was a blow to Mideast democracy, how this was oppressing the peoples will, etc.  Overthrowing violent, murderous muslim extremist leaders=Bad
Overthrowing democratically elected non violent president=good

And now, apparently the elected jackasses here state they will not recognize a democratic referendum, which represents the will of the people. I guess since Obama believes HE can defy the will of those that elected him EVERY OTHER leader should do the same. This is my favorite sentence:

Quote:

Obama was defiant about the Crimean vote, saying the vote would "would never be recognized" by the United States and its allies as a legitimate way of determining the political status of the Ukrainian region.

So now we will recognize a violent coup as a legitimate way of determining political status, but democratic elections are now "illegitimate". See, not only does Obama feel he knows what is best for us, but also for the rest of the voting citizens of the world. Overlook the fact that the people there are dancing in the streets with joy, happy to be reuinted with the 'motherland", and voted accordingly. Obama simply wont have that, screw the people.

According to Obama, votes that take place with a foreign military present don't count, unless of course it is the US and NATO forces in front of voting stations in Iraq and Afghanistan, but of course hypocritical Negros would like you to overlook that fact. With us it was bringing democracy, with the Russians, it is coercion. 

Cant wait to see how this pans out. I'm sure Putin will once again make Obama out to be the bitch that he is. What a embarrassment our president is.

Quote:

Obama to Putin: U.S. Will Punish Russia for Ukraine President Obama warned Vladimir Putin of "additional costs" for Russia after a weekend referendum to separate Crimea from the Ukraine went forward.

In a phone call between the leaders on Sunday, Obama told the Russian president that the U.S. and its allies were "prepared to impose additional costs on Russia for its actions."

And the U.S. signaled it could act as soon as Monday to impose sanctions against Russia for its incursion into Crimea, and for conducting the referendum while occupying troops were in place. The referendum to break Crimea away from Ukraine and make it a part of Russia reportedly passed overwhelmingly although the U.S. and other Western nations have rejected the legitimacy of the vote.

"President Obama reiterated that a diplomatic resolution cannot be achieved while Russian military forces continue their incursions into Ukrainian territory and that the large-scale Russian military exercises on Ukraine’s borders only exacerbate the tension," the White House further said of Obama's conversation with Putin.

Obama was defiant about the Crimean vote, saying the vote would "would never be recognized" by the United States and its allies as a legitimate way of determining the political status of the Ukrainian region.

White House press secretary Jay Carney called the referendum, against which Obama had previously warned, "dangerous and destabilizing" for the Ukraine and much of region. Another top aide to Obama further said observers could "expect sanctions designations in the coming days" during an appearance earlier on Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Obama has phoned his Russian counterpart several times throughout the crisis in Ukraine, none of the calls prompting either leader to yield much to the other's position.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Therian]
    #19707419 - 03/17/14 06:00 AM (10 years, 14 days ago)

I agree with you; supporting unelected leaders is business as usual for the United States, as long as they are friendly to US interests.  I don't see any Republicans speaking out against this; in fact, they are only pushing Obama to get tougher against the will of the Crimean people.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19707926 - 03/17/14 10:30 AM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Here's some more good reading on the subject:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37969.htm

Before anyone complains of liberal bias, here is an excerpt:
Quote:

Obama worshippers–yes there are still people that stupid–object when I call Obama the White House Fool. Yet, here is Obama or his lawyers proving that he is a fool...

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19707966 - 03/17/14 10:44 AM (10 years, 14 days ago)

A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote in the Crimea referendum because they didn't want to give it any undeserved legitimacy.  It was an unconstitutional referendum brought about by the increased presence of a hostile foreign military.

Falcon, where it the evidence to back up the writer's claim that the U.S. was responsible for the coup that ousted Yanukovych?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19707989 - 03/17/14 10:51 AM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I agree with you; supporting unelected leaders is business as usual for the United States, as long as they are friendly to US interests.  I don't see any Republicans speaking out against this; in fact, they are only pushing Obama to get tougher against the will of the Crimean people.

Isn't it amazing how quickly Obama goes from over-reaching tyrant to impotent leader on the world stage?

If Crimea wants to secede, then it should  be done. You can't argue for a democratic Ukraine then against a democratic Crimea, regardless of the geopolitical pawns both may be.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #19708245 - 03/17/14 12:09 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Obama has always been impotent on the international stage and always been a tyrant domestically.  Do you not understand the difference?

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19708380 - 03/17/14 12:52 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

The administration needs to keep its fucking nose out of Ukraines/Crimea's business. Crimea voted and wants to leave, let them fucking leave. 70-80 percent of the population are ethnic Russians anyway, this actually makes more sense.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #19708995 - 03/17/14 03:22 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Obama has always been impotent on the international stage and always been a tyrant domestically.  Do you not understand the difference?

How has he always been impotent? Which wars should he have started that he didn't?

And just so were clear, is foreign policy on Obama or Congress this time around?

--------------------

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: psyconaught] * 1
    #19709000 - 03/17/14 03:23 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
The administration needs to keep its fucking nose out of Ukraines/Crimea's business. Crimea voted and wants to leave, let them fucking leave. 70-80 percent of the population are ethnic Russians anyway, this actually makes more sense.

No way, if Obama doesn't invade Crimea and force the people to join the EU against their will he will look weak.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709095 - 03/17/14 03:40 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

How has he always been impotent? Which wars should he have started that he didn't?

Why is nothing or war your only understanding of foriegn policy?
Quote:

And just so were clear, is foreign policy on Obama or Congress this time around?

Foreign policy is almost entirely the President.  Do you know anything at all about the separation of powers in this country?  Are you a Canadian?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709100 - 03/17/14 03:41 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

psyconaught said:

No way, if Obama doesn't invade Crimea and force the people to join the EU against their will he will look weak.

He has looked weak for his entire term.

--------------------

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19709330 - 03/17/14 04:29 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Quote:

Foreign policy is almost entirely the President.  Do you know anything at all about the separation of powers in this country?  Are you a Canadian?

Never said it was war or nothing. There's sanctions too, but that's apparently impotency as well.

As far as separation of powers, that doesn't even apply. Only Congress can declare war. With you it's the separation of responsibility.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709462 - 03/17/14 04:59 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Quote:

Never said it was war or nothing. There's sanctions too, but that's apparently impotency as well.

Yeah, Obama annoujnced sanctions against 8 Putin cronies.  Woo hoo!
Quote:

As far as separation of powers, that doesn't even apply. Only Congress can declare war. With you it's the separation of responsibility.

Of course it applies.  Once again you are arguing from a position that war is the only foreign policy, which is stunningly ignorant.

--------------------

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19709475 - 03/17/14 05:02 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Care to elaborate on my position? You know what my opinion is better than I, apparently.

What, in your opinion, should Obama do about Ukraine (besides the exact antithesis of his strategy to date?)

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709497 - 03/17/14 05:09 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Care to elaborate on my position? You know what my opinion is better than I, apparently.

What, in your opinion, should Obama do about Ukraine (besides the exact antithesis of his strategy to date?)

Massive global sanctions.  Immediately install the missile shields in Eastern Europe.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19709668 - 03/17/14 05:54 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Massive global sanctions.  Immediately install the missile shields in Eastern Europe.

To every complex problem there is a simple solution THAT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AND MAKES THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH IT LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

Quote:

Massive global sanctions

Good one: The US and Europe impose sanctions and Russia cuts off Europe's fuel.

Missile Shields are a joke

I KNOW let admit Ukraine into NATO. Theres another great one, then when Russia flexes its muscle we have to go to war with them.

Keep trying Zap

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: sweeper54]
    #19710268 - 03/17/14 07:54 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

I think what ultimately will done will be in the best interest of the short term markets. I will be very surprised if Obama applies any pressure worth a damn; under the veneer of a healthy economic recovery we, along the the rest of the global markets, are incredibly unstable.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Lion]
    #19710786 - 03/17/14 09:38 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote in the Crimea referendum because they didn't want to give it any undeserved legitimacy.  It was an unconstitutional referendum brought about by the increased presence of a hostile foreign military.

Instead of using peace and democracy (and the constitution) to elect someone into office, there was a violent coup d'état for which the US immediately showed its unrelenting support.  The new leadership quickly disbanded the constitutional court and the people of Crimea asked Russia for protection.  Then they overwhelmingly (97%) voted to join Russia.  And you try to claim that this referendum was unconstitutional???

Gotta love people that listen to Fox News!

Edit:  By the way, voter turnout was 83.1%.  To say "A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote" means you're watching Fox News.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/17/14 11:28 PM)

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#19710817 - 03/17/14 09:49 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Gotta love people that listen to Fox News!

and the fucking administration :facepalm:

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

InvisibleTheMaster
PATIENCE

Loc: Earth
    #19710879 - 03/17/14 10:08 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

I'm not going to argue the constitutionality of this recent referendum or Yanukovych's ouster, but in what way was the referendum democratic?

Two options-(1) Break away from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation (annexation)
(2) Restore the original 1992 constitution that would grant independence from Ukraine.

There was no option to vote "against all" and therefore maintain the status quo.
:shrug:

--------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom