Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Malt Extract, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleTherian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Bama gonna Crimea river * 1
    #19707131 - 03/17/14 02:26 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

So now Obama states that he is going to "punish Russia" that in itself make me laugh, apparently it does Putin also. Putin as well as the rest of the world realizes just how much of a pathetic, embarrassing, inept,loudmouthed jackass, this president is. He is intent on doing nothing more than spewing empty threats.

Why is it that the Obama admin. now feels it is acceptable to recognize and offer American support to a violent group, that by force took over a democratically elected president of a sovereign nation?

Funny as hell that when the Muslim Brotherhood was overthrown in Egypt Obama was screaming like a bitch about how this was a blow to Mideast democracy, how this was oppressing the peoples will, etc.  Overthrowing violent, murderous muslim extremist leaders=Bad
Overthrowing democratically elected non violent president=good

And now, apparently the elected jackasses here state they will not recognize a democratic referendum, which represents the will of the people. I guess since Obama believes HE can defy the will of those that elected him EVERY OTHER leader should do the same. This is my favorite sentence:

Quote:

Obama was defiant about the Crimean vote, saying the vote would "would never be recognized" by the United States and its allies as a legitimate way of determining the political status of the Ukrainian region.

So now we will recognize a violent coup as a legitimate way of determining political status, but democratic elections are now "illegitimate". See, not only does Obama feel he knows what is best for us, but also for the rest of the voting citizens of the world. Overlook the fact that the people there are dancing in the streets with joy, happy to be reuinted with the 'motherland", and voted accordingly. Obama simply wont have that, screw the people.

According to Obama, votes that take place with a foreign military present don't count, unless of course it is the US and NATO forces in front of voting stations in Iraq and Afghanistan, but of course hypocritical Negros would like you to overlook that fact. With us it was bringing democracy, with the Russians, it is coercion. 

Cant wait to see how this pans out. I'm sure Putin will once again make Obama out to be the bitch that he is. What a embarrassment our president is.

Quote:

Obama to Putin: U.S. Will Punish Russia for Ukraine President Obama warned Vladimir Putin of "additional costs" for Russia after a weekend referendum to separate Crimea from the Ukraine went forward.

In a phone call between the leaders on Sunday, Obama told the Russian president that the U.S. and its allies were "prepared to impose additional costs on Russia for its actions."

And the U.S. signaled it could act as soon as Monday to impose sanctions against Russia for its incursion into Crimea, and for conducting the referendum while occupying troops were in place. The referendum to break Crimea away from Ukraine and make it a part of Russia reportedly passed overwhelmingly although the U.S. and other Western nations have rejected the legitimacy of the vote.

"President Obama reiterated that a diplomatic resolution cannot be achieved while Russian military forces continue their incursions into Ukrainian territory and that the large-scale Russian military exercises on Ukraine’s borders only exacerbate the tension," the White House further said of Obama's conversation with Putin.

Obama was defiant about the Crimean vote, saying the vote would "would never be recognized" by the United States and its allies as a legitimate way of determining the political status of the Ukrainian region.

White House press secretary Jay Carney called the referendum, against which Obama had previously warned, "dangerous and destabilizing" for the Ukraine and much of region. Another top aide to Obama further said observers could "expect sanctions designations in the coming days" during an appearance earlier on Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Obama has phoned his Russian counterpart several times throughout the crisis in Ukraine, none of the calls prompting either leader to yield much to the other's position.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Therian]
    #19707419 - 03/17/14 06:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with you; supporting unelected leaders is business as usual for the United States, as long as they are friendly to US interests.  I don't see any Republicans speaking out against this; in fact, they are only pushing Obama to get tougher against the will of the Crimean people.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Perhaps I'm a bit vain, but I pay careful attention to my 'vote ups'.  Please feel free to 'vote up' a post that you like - I won't tell anyone.  :smirk:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19707926 - 03/17/14 10:30 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Here's some more good reading on the subject:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article37969.htm

Before anyone complains of liberal bias, here is an excerpt:
Quote:

Obama worshippers–yes there are still people that stupid–object when I call Obama the White House Fool. Yet, here is Obama or his lawyers proving that he is a fool...

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Perhaps I'm a bit vain, but I pay careful attention to my 'vote ups'.  Please feel free to 'vote up' a post that you like - I won't tell anyone.  :smirk:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19707966 - 03/17/14 10:44 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote in the Crimea referendum because they didn't want to give it any undeserved legitimacy.  It was an unconstitutional referendum brought about by the increased presence of a hostile foreign military.

Falcon, where it the evidence to back up the writer's claim that the U.S. was responsible for the coup that ousted Yanukovych?

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19707989 - 03/17/14 10:51 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I agree with you; supporting unelected leaders is business as usual for the United States, as long as they are friendly to US interests.  I don't see any Republicans speaking out against this; in fact, they are only pushing Obama to get tougher against the will of the Crimean people.

Isn't it amazing how quickly Obama goes from over-reaching tyrant to impotent leader on the world stage?

If Crimea wants to secede, then it should  be done. You can't argue for a democratic Ukraine then against a democratic Crimea, regardless of the geopolitical pawns both may be.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #19708245 - 03/17/14 12:09 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Obama has always been impotent on the international stage and always been a tyrant domestically.  Do you not understand the difference?

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19708380 - 03/17/14 12:52 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The administration needs to keep its fucking nose out of Ukraines/Crimea's business. Crimea voted and wants to leave, let them fucking leave. 70-80 percent of the population are ethnic Russians anyway, this actually makes more sense.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #19708995 - 03/17/14 03:22 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Obama has always been impotent on the international stage and always been a tyrant domestically.  Do you not understand the difference?

How has he always been impotent? Which wars should he have started that he didn't?

And just so were clear, is foreign policy on Obama or Congress this time around?

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: psyconaught] * 1
    #19709000 - 03/17/14 03:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
The administration needs to keep its fucking nose out of Ukraines/Crimea's business. Crimea voted and wants to leave, let them fucking leave. 70-80 percent of the population are ethnic Russians anyway, this actually makes more sense.

No way, if Obama doesn't invade Crimea and force the people to join the EU against their will he will look weak.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709095 - 03/17/14 03:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

How has he always been impotent? Which wars should he have started that he didn't?

Why is nothing or war your only understanding of foriegn policy?
Quote:

And just so were clear, is foreign policy on Obama or Congress this time around?

Foreign policy is almost entirely the President.  Do you know anything at all about the separation of powers in this country?  Are you a Canadian?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709100 - 03/17/14 03:41 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

psyconaught said:

No way, if Obama doesn't invade Crimea and force the people to join the EU against their will he will look weak.

He has looked weak for his entire term.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19709330 - 03/17/14 04:29 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Quote:

Foreign policy is almost entirely the President.  Do you know anything at all about the separation of powers in this country?  Are you a Canadian?

Never said it was war or nothing. There's sanctions too, but that's apparently impotency as well.

As far as separation of powers, that doesn't even apply. Only Congress can declare war. With you it's the separation of responsibility.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709462 - 03/17/14 04:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Quote:

Never said it was war or nothing. There's sanctions too, but that's apparently impotency as well.

Yeah, Obama annoujnced sanctions against 8 Putin cronies.  Woo hoo!
Quote:

As far as separation of powers, that doesn't even apply. Only Congress can declare war. With you it's the separation of responsibility.

Of course it applies.  Once again you are arguing from a position that war is the only foreign policy, which is stunningly ignorant.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19709475 - 03/17/14 05:02 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Care to elaborate on my position? You know what my opinion is better than I, apparently.

What, in your opinion, should Obama do about Ukraine (besides the exact antithesis of his strategy to date?)

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19709497 - 03/17/14 05:09 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Care to elaborate on my position? You know what my opinion is better than I, apparently.

What, in your opinion, should Obama do about Ukraine (besides the exact antithesis of his strategy to date?)

Massive global sanctions.  Immediately install the missile shields in Eastern Europe.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19709668 - 03/17/14 05:54 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Massive global sanctions.  Immediately install the missile shields in Eastern Europe.

To every complex problem there is a simple solution THAT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AND MAKES THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH IT LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

Quote:

Massive global sanctions

Good one: The US and Europe impose sanctions and Russia cuts off Europe's fuel.

Missile Shields are a joke

I KNOW let admit Ukraine into NATO. Theres another great one, then when Russia flexes its muscle we have to go to war with them.

Keep trying Zap

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: sweeper54]
    #19710268 - 03/17/14 07:54 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I think what ultimately will done will be in the best interest of the short term markets. I will be very surprised if Obama applies any pressure worth a damn; under the veneer of a healthy economic recovery we, along the the rest of the global markets, are incredibly unstable.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Lion]
    #19710786 - 03/17/14 09:38 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote in the Crimea referendum because they didn't want to give it any undeserved legitimacy.  It was an unconstitutional referendum brought about by the increased presence of a hostile foreign military.

Instead of using peace and democracy (and the constitution) to elect someone into office, there was a violent coup d'état for which the US immediately showed its unrelenting support.  The new leadership quickly disbanded the constitutional court and the people of Crimea asked Russia for protection.  Then they overwhelmingly (97%) voted to join Russia.  And you try to claim that this referendum was unconstitutional???

Gotta love people that listen to Fox News!

Edit:  By the way, voter turnout was 83.1%.  To say "A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote" means you're watching Fox News.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/17/14 11:28 PM)

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#19710817 - 03/17/14 09:49 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

and the fucking administration :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleTheMaster
PATIENCE

Loc: Earth
    #19710879 - 03/17/14 10:08 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not going to argue the constitutionality of this recent referendum or Yanukovych's ouster, but in what way was the referendum democratic?

Two options-(1) Break away from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation (annexation)
(2) Restore the original 1992 constitution that would grant independence from Ukraine.

There was no option to vote "against all" and therefore maintain the status quo.
:shrug:

--------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: psyconaught]
    #19711163 - 03/17/14 11:31 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

and the fucking administration :facepalm:

Touché

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: TheMaster]
    #19711214 - 03/17/14 11:44 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheMaster said:
There was no option to vote "against all" and therefore maintain the status quo.

It's pretty well known that Crimea is a VERY Russian republic.  The status quo question would have definitely come in dead last.  You can argue it should have been included for shits and giggles, but I think the point of the referendum was to show that there is not a Russian 'take over'; the Crimean people want to join Russia.

Edit:  Even if those other 17% of the voters who didn't vote would have all voted 'status quo', and the 3% that voted independent changed their vote to 'status quo', that's only 20% in favor of status quo.  And that's a best case scenario.

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/18/14 12:14 AM)

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#19711285 - 03/18/14 12:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

TheMaster said:

It's pretty well known that Crimea is a VERY Russian republic.  The status quo question would have definitely come in dead last.  You can argue it should have been included for shits and giggles, but I think the point of the referendum was to show that there is not a Russian 'take over'; the Crimean people want to join Russia.

you and i don't agree on a lot but this we agree 100% on :billymaythumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleTheMaster
PATIENCE

Loc: Earth
    #19711800 - 03/18/14 05:18 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The reality of the situation is not lost on me. I realize that even if those in Crimea were given a third option the outcome would most likely have been the same. I'm not arguing if this is right or wrong, or what is best for the region.

My point is that a true direct democratic election would at least have a third option or opportunity to vote against the two that were proposed.

The choices given are indicative of ethnic (racist) "democracy" proctored by an authoritarian regime with a dash of pluralism.

Call it what you will, but when people call this democracy... I call bullshit.
:callingbullshit:

--------------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19712234 - 03/18/14 08:58 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Welp, Crimea is part of Russia now.

:blewmeanie:

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19712238 - 03/18/14 08:59 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheMaster said:

It's a hell of a lot closer to democracy that what the West is now offering, wouldn't you say?

Ignoring the current constitution, supporting a violent coup, ignoring the will of the Crimean people...  The US could care less about democracy.  It wants a strategic military base on Russia's border.  I wonder how the US would feel about Russia doing something similar near our borders?

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19712302 - 03/18/14 09:23 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

TheMaster said:

It's a hell of a lot closer to democracy that what the West is now offering, wouldn't you say?

Ignoring the current constitution, supporting a violent coup, ignoring the will of the Crimean people...  The US could care less about democracy.  It wants a strategic military base on Russia's border.  I wonder how the US would feel about Russia doing something similar near our borders?

Well they tried decades ago with Cuba and we still don't even talk to them.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19712340 - 03/18/14 09:35 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Lion said:

Instead of using peace and democracy (and the constitution) to elect someone into office, there was a violent coup d'état for which the US immediately showed its unrelenting support.  The new leadership quickly disbanded the constitutional court and the people of Crimea asked Russia for protection.  Then they overwhelmingly (97%) voted to join Russia.  And you try to claim that this referendum was unconstitutional???

Edit:  By the way, voter turnout was 83.1%.  To say "A huge number of eligible voters didn't vote" means you're watching Fox News.

83.1% is the number given by election officials and Russian news agencies.  There have been all sorts of reports of fraud.  E.g.: http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/03/17/7019270/ ; (Says that voter turnout in Sevastopol was reported by election officials as ~90,000 more than the population of Sevastopol).  It's naive to think that this election was in any way fair, normal, or legal.

As for the coup: Last time I checked, people have the right to overthrow a tyrannical government.  Were you against the uprisings in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and Syria as well?  Where is the evidence for the claim in the article you provided that the U.S. was responsible for the coup?  The Ukrainian people were responsible.  And why would Crimeans need to call on Russia for help?  They are a majority in their area, and ethnic Russians live all over Ukraine.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19712530 - 03/18/14 10:28 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Now things get interesting.  The only reason the US was interested in Ukraine was to kick the Russian military off the Crimean peninsula, and install a Western friendly one there.  It'll be interesting to see how things unfold.

One thing is certain - we could care less about the will of the Crimean people and democracy.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19712552 - 03/18/14 10:35 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
One thing is certain - we could care less about the will of the Crimean people and democracy.

With that I agree.  Although I don't think there really is a "Crimean" people; rather, there are ethnic Russians and other ethnic groups who live in Crimea, which is a part of the sovereign nation of Ukraine.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19712554 - 03/18/14 10:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

To every complex problem there is a simple solution THAT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK AND MAKES THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH IT LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

As far as I can tell the biggest fool so far is Obama.  Remember when he and SloJo ridiculed Romney and Palin for saying that Russia was our greatest geopolitical foe?  I do.  Good times, right komrade? You could put yourself in the running with more posts like this.
Quote:

Quote:

Massive global sanctions

Good one: The US and Europe impose sanctions and Russia cuts off Europe's fuel.

That's Europe's problem. 
Quote:

Missile Shields are a joke

Then why was Putin so adamant that they not be deployed?  Maybe he knows more about it than you.
Quote:

I KNOW let admit Ukraine into NATO. Theres another great one, then when Russia flexes its muscle we have to go to war with them.

Keep trying Zap

We already have a treaty that requires the US, UK and Russia to respect Ukraine's borders.  Treaties aint shit.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19712563 - 03/18/14 10:38 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Lion said:

Not on the ballot, "Remain in the Ukraine". 

I believe the duly elected legislature of the Ukraine told him to get the fuck out as well.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #19712579 - 03/18/14 10:41 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

TheMaster said:

What a fucking joke.  Sham elections taken within two weeks of an armed invasion?  Will you ever spit out the commie cock?
Quote:

If you care so much about the supposed but unproven will of the Crimean people to join Russia where do you stand on the the well established will of the Chenyan people to leave it?

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19712582 - 03/18/14 10:43 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If you care so much about the supposed but unproven will of the Crimean people to join Russia where do you stand on the the well established will of the Chenyan people to leave it?

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#19712773 - 03/18/14 11:28 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Now things get interesting.  The only reason the US was interested in Ukraine was to kick the Russian military off the Crimean peninsula, and install a Western friendly one there.  It'll be interesting to see how things unfold.

We'll keep talking, they'll keep ignoring, and then that'll be that. We'll have our friends in the North but Russia will retain the peninsula.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19713115 - 03/18/14 12:55 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The ONLY way to deal with Putin is a united front WITH Europe. They have more direct dealings with Russia and can influence him more.

So we escalate things with Russia by putting in a Shield and then we find ourselves at war with Iran and neck deep in Syria. How many wars do you want to fight?

FUCK PALIN and Romney. Remember lil'bush "I looked into Putin's eyes and saw a friend."

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19713244 - 03/18/14 01:25 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

How about the elections in Iraq during US occupation?  Why were they considered legit but in Crimea they aren't?

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleCitizen XS
Call me Pepper,,
Other User Gallery

Loc: Djibouti
    #19713313 - 03/18/14 01:37 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:woah:

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19713374 - 03/18/14 01:47 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
The ONLY way to deal with Putin is a united front WITH Europe. They have more direct dealings with Russia and can influence him more.

They are in thrall to him.
Quote:

So we escalate things with Russia by putting in a Shield and then we find ourselves at war with Iran and neck deep in Syria. How many wars do you want to fight?

Yes.  The Eastern bloc countries were betrayed when we didn't because of some idiotic desire not to offend Putin.  Do you know what would have prevented this land grab?  If the Ukraine still had their nukes.  Fuck it.  Just build the shields.  It is time to not give a fuck what Putin wants in any area at all.
Quote:

FUCK PALIN and Romney. Remember lil'bush "I looked into Putin's eyes and saw a friend."

Yeah, I remember that.  It was stupid.  I thought it was stupid at the time.  When I looked at Putin I saw KGB.  But Romney and Palin were fucking dead on.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Shins]
    #19713391 - 03/18/14 01:50 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
How about the elections in Iraq during US occupation?  Why were they considered legit but in Crimea they aren't?

Because they were.  We had nothing to do with them nor did we give a shit who won.  They also weren't arranged two weeks after the invasion , had a real group of candidates and weren't rigged to exclude the most obvious option of remaining in the Ukraine.

What is it with you and the KGB thug?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19713403 - 03/18/14 01:53 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
83.1% is the number given by election officials and Russian news agencies.  There have been all sorts of reports of fraud.  E.g.: http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/03/17/7019270/ ; (Says that voter turnout in Sevastopol was reported by election officials as ~90,000 more than the population of Sevastopol).  It's naive to think that this election was in any way fair, normal, or legal.

No one disputes the fact that the vast majority of Crimeans wanted to join Russia.  Military, tourists, and journalists in Crimea could also vote with a valid passport, which helps explain the numbers.

Quote:

Lion said:
As for the coup: Last time I checked, people have the right to overthrow a tyrannical government.

:whatwhatwhat:
I'd love to know where you last checked.

'Tyrannical'?  How do you figure?  Perhaps corrupt, but what's new for the region?

Quote:

Lion said:
Where is the evidence for the claim in the article you provided that the U.S. was responsible for the coup?  The Ukrainian people were responsible.  And why would Crimeans need to call on Russia for help?  They are a majority in their area, and ethnic Russians live all over Ukraine.

Here's a good article from a former staffer in the U.S. House of Representatives.  Former Congressman Ron Paul says the same.

The new Government just outlawed the Russian language in Ukraine, and are threatening pro Russia supporters.  Just the kind of regime the US loves to support.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19713423 - 03/18/14 01:57 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Oh fuck me that dingbat again?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19713452 - 03/18/14 02:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Sham elections taken within two weeks of an armed invasion?  Will you ever spit out the commie cock?

There was no 'armed invasion'.  Russia already had troops in Crimea, and by treaty were allowed to increase the numbers up to a certain point, which was never exceeded.  Do you know nothing about the history of the region?  And what do you mean 'commie cock'?  I guess you're not aware than communism ended in Russia in 1991.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

My stance is that neither are the business of the US.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19713548 - 03/18/14 02:21 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Shins said:
How about the elections in Iraq during US occupation?  Why were they considered leglit but in Crimea they aren't?

Because they were.  We had nothing to do with them nor did we give a shit who won.  They also weren't arranged two weeks after the invasion , had a real group of candidates and weren't rigged to exclude the most obvious option of remaining in the Ukraine.

why don't you take uncle sam's cock out of your mouth?  EU cocks too?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19713572 - 03/18/14 02:25 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Sham elections taken within two weeks of an armed invasion?  Will you ever spit out the commie cock?

There was no 'armed invasion'. 

Yeah there was.
Quote:

Russia already had troops in Crimea, and by treaty were allowed to increase the numbers up to a certain point, which was never exceeded.

Lie.
Quote:

Do you know nothing about the history of the region?

I am well aware of the history of the region.  Are you?  In order for the Ukraine to give up its nukes Russia vowed to honor and protect is borders.  Too bad the Ukrainians believed them.
Quote:

And what do you mean 'commie cock'?  I guess you're not aware than communism ended in Russia in 1991.

Putin is a commie KGB thug through and through and always has been.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Which has exactly zero to do with my exposure of your hypocrisy.  You are a phony.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19713585 - 03/18/14 02:28 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Shins said:
How about the elections in Iraq during US occupation?  Why were they considered leglit but in Crimea they aren't?

why don't you take uncle sam's cock out of your mouth?  EU cocks too?

I support the right of the Ukrainian people to live free of Soviet hegemony.  Keep supporting Putin.  You beclown yourself with every post.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19713614 - 03/18/14 02:32 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Gulp gulp gulp gulp gaaaag oh shit uncle sam.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19713756 - 03/18/14 02:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Uncle Sam does not have any troops there.  Neither does the EU.  Chug chug chug Putin choad.

Why are you siding with this obvious KGB thug?

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen XS
Call me Pepper,,
Other User Gallery

#19713809 - 03/18/14 03:10 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:shockandawe:

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19713820 - 03/18/14 03:12 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It is time to not give a fuck what Putin wants in any area at all.

How many wars do you want to fight?

Once this escalates what do you think No. Korea will do? They're going to take advantage of the situation also.

How many wars?

Russia has retaliated Banning US Senates for going to Russia OOOoooo!

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19713851 - 03/18/14 03:18 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

Once this escalates what do you think No. Korea will do? They're going to take advantage of the situation also.

This is just fear-mongering based on a rudimentary vision of geopolitics.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19714124 - 03/18/14 04:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

This stupid shit again?.  So if we don't give Putin what he wants it is a de facto declaration of war?  How stupid is that?
Quote:

North Korea will do whatever China tells it to do.
Quote:

How many wars?

None. 
Quote:

Russia has retaliated Banning US Senates for going to Russia OOOoooo!

I don't think anybody should go to Russia.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19714846 - 03/18/14 06:20 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lion said:
Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Quote:

This is just fear-mongering based on a rudimentary vision of geopolitics.

FEAR Mongering?

What do you think Putin will Do? We escalate this into another Cold War because the Republican't hate O and they need him to look worst. Russia Calls in payment from Syria and Iran to do anything they want and Fuck the West and while we're trying to put out those fires do you really think No. Korea is going to sit there and watch?

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19714911 - 03/18/14 06:31 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sweeper54 said:
Russia Calls in payment from Syria and Iran to do anything they want and Fuck the West and while we're trying to put out those fires do you really think No. Korea is going to sit there and watch?

:facepalm:  Like I said, rudimentary geopolitics.  This isn't a Hollywood movie.  The Syrian government is completely mired in its own mess and can do nothing to disrupt the U.S. or any other Western government.  Iran's government doesn't just take orders from the Kremlin on committing acts of terrorism; it has its own interests to protect, and its proxy organizations are not under Putin's command.  North Korea has nothing to do with any of this.  There is no scenario in which anyone becomes more vulnerable to North Korean aggression as a result of countries taking a hard line against Putin's militaristic opportunism.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19714990 - 03/18/14 06:46 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Russia already had troops in Crimea, and by treaty were allowed to increase the numbers up to a certain point, which was never exceeded.

Lie

Learn.  You're now 0 for 12 on the lying accusations.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Which has exactly zero to do with my exposure of your hypocrisy.  You are a phony.

No hypocrisy.  I couldn't care less about Chechnya.  Personally, I think they should take a vote and let the majority decide.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I support the right of the Ukrainian people to live free of Soviet hegemony.  Keep supporting Putin.  You beclown yourself with every post.

Crimeans don't want to live free of Soviet hegemony, no matter how much you imagine it.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19715709 - 03/18/14 08:46 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not siding with putin.  The EU and other westrrn nations and groups as well as the Rioters are thr clear aggressors in this and its wrong.  I'm againt that.  Putin just happens to be on the other side this time.  I see what russis and crimea are doing more as self defense.  The EU put them in a tough spot and they are -responding- to that.  Its not right for the globalists to be going around tramping on the sovereignty and democracy of other countries to ecpand their empire.  I don't see russia adventuring all over the world overthrowing governments and installing new pro russian ones.  Its not "us vs. Them" to me its right vs wrong.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19716322 - 03/18/14 10:44 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:nodofunderstanding:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19717855 - 03/19/14 10:30 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Lie

Learn.  You're now 0 for 12 on the lying accusations.

They went above those limits.  I am 12 for 12.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

No hypocrisy.  I couldn't care less about Chechnya.  Personally, I think they should take a vote and let the majority decide.

IU believe that they elected many leadrers on the platform to do just that.  How'd that turn out?  And by vote do you mean one like the sham just held in the Crimea?  If you don't care about Chechnya why do you care about Crimea?  Or are you just a troll?
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Crimeans don't want to live free of Soviet hegemony, no matter how much you imagine it.

How do you know?  That sham election?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19717865 - 03/19/14 10:34 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
I'm not siding with putin.  The EU and other westrrn nations and groups as well as the Rioters are thr clear aggressors in this and its wrong.  I'm againt that.  Putin just happens to be on the other side this time.  I see what russis and crimea are doing more as self defense.  The EU put them in a tough spot and they are -responding- to that.  Its not right for the globalists to be going around tramping on the sovereignty and democracy of other countries to ecpand their empire.  I don't see russia adventuring all over the world overthrowing governments and installing new pro russian ones.  Its not "us vs. Them" to me its right vs wrong.

How did the EU put them in a tough spot?  By offering them a deal that most of the country clearly preferred to Putin's?  Russia invaded a sovereign nation on false pretenses that Russian speaking residents were in danger.  The EU didn't invade anybody.  Not only did enough of the population find their leader reprehensible enough to kick him out the Ukrainian legislature agreed.  It was their business to sort it out, not Russia;'s military's.

The EU had nothing to do with this and neither did the US.  You're idea of right and wrong is fucked.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19718023 - 03/19/14 11:15 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Your imagination doesn't make you right.  You're 0 for 12 because I am always able to support my position.  The CIA agrees with me:

Quote:

CIA reportedly says Russia sees treaty as justifying Ukraine moves

CIA director John Brennan told a senior lawmaker Monday that a 1997 treaty between Russia and Ukraine allows up to 25,000 Russia troops in the vital Crimea region, so Russia may not consider its recent troop movements to be an invasion, U.S. officials said.

The number of Russian troops that have surged into Ukraine in recent days remains well below that threshold, Brennan said

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If you don't care about Chechnya why do you care about Crimea?  Or are you just a troll?

I don't care about Crimea.  I care about the US wasting $billions on something we have no reason to get involved in.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

It was well known before the vote ever happened what the outcome would be.  Every paper predicted it.  That's why the US Government was quick to denounce it.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19718560 - 03/19/14 01:08 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Your imagination doesn't make you right.  You're 0 for 12 because I am always able to support my position.  The CIA agrees with me:

Quote:

CIA reportedly says Russia sees treaty as justifying Ukraine moves

CIA director John Brennan told a senior lawmaker Monday that a 1997 treaty between Russia and Ukraine allows up to 25,000 Russia troops in the vital Crimea region, so Russia may not consider its recent troop movements to be an invasion, U.S. officials said.

Let me highlight something for you.  Where does that say how many Russian troops are in the Crimea?
Quote:

The number of Russian troops that have surged into Ukraine in recent days remains well below that threshold, Brennan said

That quote is two weeks old.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If you don't care about Chechnya why do you care about Crimea?  Or are you just a troll?

I don't care about Crimea.  I care about the US wasting $billions on something we have no reason to get involved in.

Who said anything about spending US money?  I just said Putin is a scumbag and we should actt accordingly.  Sanction the fuck out of him and stop betraying our Polish and other Eastern European friends by denying them a missile shield we had promised.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

It was well known before the vote ever happened what the outcome would be.  Every paper predicted it.  That's why the US Government was quick to denounce it.

Every paper predicted it because every paper has seen how elections go in the Soviet.  The option to remain in the Ukraine wasn't even on the ballot.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/11/us-ukraine-crisis-referendum-idUSBREA2A1GR20140311

Quote:

(Reuters) - Sunday's vote in Ukraine's Crimea is being officially billed as a chance for the peninsula's peoples to decide fairly and freely their future - but in fact there is no room on the ballot paper for voting "Nyet" to control by Russia.

The Crimean voter will have the right to choose only one of two options in the March 16 referendum which the region's pro-Russian leadership, protected by Russian forces, announced earlier this month.

According to a format of the ballot paper, published on the parliament's website, the first question will ask: "Are you in favor of the reunification of Crimea with Russia as a part of the Russian Federation?"

The second asks: "Are you in favor of restoring the 1992 Constitution and the status of Crimea as a part of Ukraine?"

At first glance, the second option seems to offer the prospects of the peninsula remaining within Ukraine.

But the 1992 national blueprint - which was adopted soon after the collapse of the Soviet Union and then quickly abolished by the young post-Soviet Ukrainian state - is far from doing that.

This foresees giving Crimea all the qualities of an independent entity within Ukraine - but with the broad right to determine its own path and choose relations with whom it wants - including Russia.

With the pro-Russian assembly already saying it wants to return Crimea to Russia, this second option only offers a slightly longer route to shifting the peninsula back under Russian control, analysts say.

The option of asking people if they wish to stick with the status quo - in which Crimea enjoys autonomy but remains part of Ukraine - is not on offer.

Any mark in one of the boxes is regarded as a "Da" vote. Ballot papers will be regarded as spoiled if a voter fills in both boxes or indeed does not fill in either.

Those who stay away will also not influence the outcome, since the result will simply be based on the option preferred by a majority of those voting.

It was a sham election and only the most craven fool would even begin to argue otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19718647 - 03/19/14 01:26 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Where does that say how many Russian troops are in the Crimea?
Quote:

Looks like you answered your own question - well below 25,000.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

You said I was lying.  I showed I wasn't.  Where's your evidence that the number is above 25,000?  :popcorn:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
stop betraying our Polish and other Eastern European friends by denying them a missile shield we had promised.

Ah, now the truth comes out as to why you are support the illegal coup.  Keep sucking that Obama cock.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Every paper predicted it because every paper has seen how elections go in the Soviet.  The option to remain in the Ukraine wasn't even on the ballot.

Already discussed above.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19718720 - 03/19/14 01:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Where does that say how many Russian troops are in the Crimea?
Quote:

Looks like you answered your own question - well below 25,000.

That is your two week old link.  They also already had troops there. 
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

You said I was lying.  I showed I wasn't.  Where's your evidence that the number is above 25,000?  :popcorn:

Yo didn't show anything of the kind.  Do you think 25,000 soldiers could overwhelm the Ukrainian army? 
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
stop betraying our Polish and other Eastern European friends by denying them a missile shield we had promised.

Ah, now the truth comes out as to why you are support the illegal coup.  Keep sucking that Obama cock.

:facepalm:

Obama is the one who cancelled them.  because Putin was his goomba and he and Hillary wanted a reset.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Already discussed above.

Sham election.  Own it.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19718977 - 03/19/14 02:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I showed you CIA evidence that troop numbers are under 25,000.  You claimed I was lying. Burden of Proof falls on you, my friend.  Let's see it. :popcorn:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Sham election.  Own it.

Call it what you want.  The Crimean people overwhelmingly support joining Russia, the referendum backs this up, and you can't find evidence to show otherwise.

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/19/14 02:48 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19719337 - 03/19/14 03:44 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/03/17/221514/questions-surround-crimea-referendum.html

Quote:

the Ukrainian capital Monday was all about Sunday’s referendum in Crimea, which saw a close to unanimous vote in favor of the Black Sea peninsula seceding from Ukraine and becoming part of Russia.

Officially, the joining-Russia option on the ballot attracted a healthy 97 percent support from the 83 percent of registered voters in Crimea who made it to the polls. The most repeated tidbit was the voter turnout in Sevastopol, long a pro-Russian bastion, where a reported 123 percent of registered voters are said to have cast ballots.

Ukrainian news reports said that all one needed to vote was a passport, and it didn’t have to be a Ukrainian one. One reporter from Kiev showed his Russian passport and was handed a ballot and allowed to vote. This raised questions in Kiev if perhaps the Russian soldiers and Russian paramilitary occupying the area since late February had been allowed to cast votes.

It also raised eyebrows, because while an estimated 58 percent of the Crimean population is known to be ethnic Russian and very pro-Russia, the remaining 42 percent are not thought to be similarly smitten. Ukrainian opinion polls over the last decade have consistently shown Crimea to be more pro-Russian and in favor of secession than any other region of Ukraine, but previous polls had shown consistently that those favoring splitting from Ukraine and joining Russia numbered about 40 percent.

And while there were differences between pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainian sides on how extensively Crimean Tatars, the region’s traditional ethnic group, boycotted the vote, it was clear that many did. The low estimate said that 60 percent of Tatars, who make up about 12 percent of the total Crimean population, refused to vote. Pro-Ukraine advocates insisted 99 percent of Tatars boycotted. In either case, the admitted absence of such a large voting bloc raised further questions about the turnout numbers.

And many were asking the questions. Monday, even ears unfamiliar with the Ukrainian language couldn’t help but overhear the phrase “referendum” being muttered by pedestrians, in eye-rolling tones of voice. And, of course, the talk wasn’t limited to the underground shopping malls or the Maidan square protest crowds of Kiev.

Vitali Klitschko, a prominent Ukrainian member of Parliament and the former world heavyweight boxing champion, charged that those who favored secession had “sold out” Ukraine. He added that history shows that Crimea under Russian control puts Crimean Tatars in grave danger.

“We are afraid of ethnic cleansing,” he said at a news conference near the Maidan, or Kiev’s Independence Square.

Crimean Tatars have repeatedly pointed out their 200 years of repression under Russian rule and call former Soviet leader Josef Stalin’s forced relocation in 1944 of Tatars to other parts of the Soviet Union a “genocide.”

Ukrainian Minister of Defense Ihor Tenyukh said at an earlier press conference that Ukraine would never accept the results of referendum.

“Crimea was, is and will always be our territory,” he said.

Sham election

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19719385 - 03/19/14 03:55 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I showed you CIA evidence that troop numbers are under 25,000.  You claimed I was lying. Burden of Proof falls on you, my friend.  Let's see it. :popcorn:

You didn't how any evidence of the kind.  You said that Brennan said the Russians could have up to 25,00 troops there and that Putin may think that is justification.  Do you really think that a force of 25,00 scared off an army 5 times that size? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_of_Ukraine

Quote:

The Ukrainian armed forces were made up of 40% conscripts and 60% contract soldiers.[21] Conscription was ended in October 2013.[21] The total personnel (including 41,000 civilian workers) at the end of 2010 will be 200,000.[22] The branch structure is as follows:

Ukrainian Ground Forces: 73,300 personnel[23]
    Ukrainian Air Force: 46,000 personnel[23]
    Ukrainian Navy: 15,000 personnel[24]

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19719510 - 03/19/14 04:14 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/03/17/221514/questions-surround-crimea-referendum.html

Previous polls showed 60% of Crimea to be "very pro Russia" before a US backed coup.  How many were just "pro Russia", or "slightly pro Russia"?  And how do you think a Western backed coup of a democratically elected leader would effect people's opinions?  Hint - it's not going to make Russia friendly citizens more friendly to the West.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19719543 - 03/19/14 04:18 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Previous polls showed 60% of Crimea to be "very pro Russia" before a US backed coup.  How many were just "pro Russia", or "slightly pro Russia"?  And how do you think a Western backed coup of a democratically elected leader would effect people's opinions?  Hint - it's not going to make Russia friendly citizens more friendly to the West.

What US backing and what coup?  Not a shot was fired.  Did you know that the Ukraine Parliament was also duly elected? 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26302572

Quote:

Ukraine's parliament votes to oust President Viktor Yanukovych as opposition takes effective control of the capital, Kiev

I repeat, not a shot was fired in this so called coup and the US didn't have a fucking thing to do with it.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19719566 - 03/19/14 04:22 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I knew you couldn't find evidence that there were more than 25,000 troops, because it doesn't exist.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Do you really think that a force of 25,00 scared off an army 5 times that size?

If the Ukrainians chose to fight, then those 25,000 would get the support of the Rest of Russian military, wouldn't they?  Grow a brain and find evidence there are more than 25,000 troops.

Edit:  By the way how many shots were fired to 'scare' the Ukrainian army out of Crimea?

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (03/19/14 04:36 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19719632 - 03/19/14 04:35 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I knew you couldn't find evidence that there were more than 25,000 troops, because it doesn't exist.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-ukraine-russia-crimea-attacks-20140319,0,800215.story#axzz2wS05uEk3

Quote:

MOSCOW -- Ukrainian forces at two naval facilities in Crimea reported Wednesday that they were attacked by gunmen linked to Russia in violation of an earlier agreement to give them until Friday to leave the breakaway region.

“So-called pro-Russian self-defense forces of Crimea aided by Russian gunmen in unmarked uniforms stormed and gained control of our navy chief’s headquarters in Sevastopol,” Alexei Mazepa, regional spokesman for the Ukrainian Defense Ministry, said in a phone interview. The headquarters building was under Russian control by midday, he said.

Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Do you really think that a force of 25,00 scared off an army 5 times that size?

If the Ukrainians chose to fight, then those 25,000 would get the support of the Rest of Russian military, wouldn't they?  Grow a brain and find evidence there are more than 25,000 troops.

Oh so they were invaded by the entire military might of the Soviet Union.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19719716 - 03/19/14 04:48 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You presented no evidence there are more than 25,000 troops in Crimea, after calling me a liar.  You lose yet again.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19719769 - 03/19/14 04:56 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
You presented no evidence there are more than 25,000 troops in Crimea, after calling me a liar.  You lose yet again.

I haven't seen you present any evidence that there wasn't.  I find your argument absurd.  Why would you take Putin's word for it?  That's all Brennan cited.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19722038 - 03/20/14 01:11 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

I haven't seen you present any evidence that there wasn't.  I find your argument absurd.  Why would you take Putin's word for it?  That's all Brennan cited.

The largest claim of troop numbers I could find anywhere is 16,000; that's the claim from Ukraine to the United Nations.  Now, if you don't even trust Ukraine, then it's not worth arguing since it means you only trust your imagination, and I don't.

I'll ask one last time - show me a number greater than 25,000.  :popcorn:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19723541 - 03/20/14 11:53 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

The largest claim of troop numbers I could find anywhere is 16,000; that's the claim from Ukraine to the United Nations.  Now, if you don't even trust Ukraine, then it's not worth arguing since it means you only trust your imagination, and I don't.

I'll ask one last time - show me a number greater than 25,000.  :popcorn:

Link?  What is with you and your linkage disability?

By the way, I can't find ay numbers at all.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19723643 - 03/20/14 12:16 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Sorry zappa, I didn't realize you were Google challenged.  Here's one.  And here's a lot more.

Since I already your next post is going to be "but those aren't current", my next reply will be "show me what's changed".

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19723819 - 03/20/14 12:53 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Sorry zappa, I didn't realize you were Google challenged.  Here's one.  And here's a lot more.

Since I already your next post is going to be "but those aren't current", my next reply will be "show me what's changed".

Right.  That's what I thought.  That was in addition to the Russian troops already there.  It also does not seem to account for all of the gunmen without uniforms attacking various Ukrainian installations.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19724684 - 03/20/14 03:55 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Some of those ununidormed are Ukrainian militas

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19724687 - 03/20/14 03:56 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
Some of those ununidormed are Ukrainian militas

In Crimea?  I don't think so.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#19724767 - 03/20/14 04:14 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Of course they are.  Dhows how out of touch you are.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19725773 - 03/20/14 08:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Since I already know your next post is going to be "but those aren't current", my next reply will be "show me what's changed".

Right.  That's what I thought.

That nothing has changed?  Ok, agreed.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
That was in addition to the Russian troops already there.

No, that's TOTAL.  Ukraine tells UN that 16,000 Russian troops there

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It also does not seem to account for all of the gunmen without uniforms attacking various Ukrainian installations.

Crimean (Ukrainian) militia aren't part of the 25,000 troop agreement.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#19725844 - 03/20/14 09:19 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

What about the 200,000 troops Putin has sent to Ukraine's eastern border?  Just a precaution for protecting ethnic Russians? :smirk:

Quote:

In parliament, the acting defense minister said that of some 41,000 infantry mobilized last week, Ukraine could field only about 6,000 combat-ready troops, compared to over 200,000 Russians deployed on the country's eastern borders. The prime minister said the air force was outnumbered 100 to one.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/11/us-ukraine-crisis-idUSBREA1Q1E820140311

What about the fact that Russian troops have literally barricaded Ukrainian troops in their bases, and taken over naval bases?  Was that part of the countries' agreement?

Everything Putin has done has been 100% belligerent and designed to get a reaction out of the new Ukrainian government.  He wants to grab as much as he can in an illegal and potentially violent way.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19727500 - 03/21/14 09:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Since I already know your next post is going to be "but those aren't current", my next reply will be "show me what's changed".

Right.  That's what I thought.

That nothing has changed?  Ok, agreed.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
That was in addition to the Russian troops already there.

No, that's TOTAL.  Ukraine tells UN that 16,000 Russian troops there

That's the headline.  Not the text.
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It also does not seem to account for all of the gunmen without uniforms attacking various Ukrainian installations.

Crimean (Ukrainian) militia aren't part of the 25,000 troop agreement.

ORLY?  Ukrainian militia without uniforms were attacking various Ukrainian installations?  :flowstone:

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19732595 - 03/22/14 02:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

As far as I can tell the biggest fool so far is Obama.  Remember when he and SloJo ridiculed Romney and Palin for saying that Russia was our greatest geopolitical foe? 

Ya she's a real fucking genius, reminds me of all the asshole running around saying I saw the Wall St crash coming.

She such a fucking genius she just solved the mystery of Flight 370

The former Alaska governor stunned viewers with an unorthodox new theory that international investigators have so far ignored.

“I see all these smarty pants people on CNN saying that it was terrorism or a fire in the cockpit,” she explained to a bewildered Hannity, “but I don’t hear anyone talking about the God possibility. I mean what if they accidentally flew too high and go stuck up there?

“I’m no expert on international aviation. But I do know that God is up there looking down on us. And everyone knows that once you go to heaven you can’t come back. This would explain why we haven’t found any wreckage in the ocean and why no one saw the plane land.

"The radar had the plane at 45,000 feet, well above its usual cruising altitude. Who knows how much higher they went?

“Of course the looney liberal media can only imagine secular explanations for this mystery. They would never tell the American public that God might be involved! But I hope the the Malaysian authorities and the NTSB take a look at the facts and seriously consider the idea that this flight crossed into Christ’s kingdom and isn't coming back.”

Palin seems to be the first to suggest, however, that there may be a supernatural solution to this puzzle and the bizarre idea proved too much even for the devoutly Catholic Hannity.

“You realize that heaven isn’t an actually in the sky right?” he pleaded. “The concept of heaven is metaphorical. Some people believe it’s in another dimension or in another universe. It’s not something you can just fly into.”

“Sean, I think it’s incredibly arrogant for us as humble human beings to claim that we know how heaven works,” Palin responded. “How do you know there’s not a door to heaven in the sky between Malaysia and Vietnam?”

ANYONE who put ANY stock in what this fucking loser says is just as looney as she is. A dead clock is right twice a day.

Palin responded. “How do you know there’s not a door to heaven in the sky between Malaysia and Vietnam?” :facepalm3:

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#19732605 - 03/22/14 02:03 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ya she's a real fucking genius, reminds me of all the asshole running around saying I saw the Wall St crash coming.

except there were plenty of people who predicted the crash.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#19732697 - 03/22/14 02:22 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Bush and Bernanke both warned against it.  Do you know who said it was no problem?  Maxine Waters and Bawney Fwank.

Palin is clearly a fuck of a lot more insightful than the Obama administration and sweeper54.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#19733015 - 03/22/14 04:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Zap I was in the military during the Cold War. I had plans for Live Targets to be emplaced if the Soviets came across to border. We'd have spent the first 36 hours laying mines in the Fulda Gap. I have never underestimated the Soviets or the Russians.

I'm with Patton, we should have drove to Moscow in '45, end of threat.

Edited by sweeper54 (03/22/14 04:03 PM)

InvisibleCitizen XS
Call me Pepper,,
Other User Gallery

#19733180 - 03/22/14 04:53 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Putti Poot not so happy now is he?

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

Re: Bama gonna Crimea river [Re: Citizen X]
    #19733452 - 03/22/14 06:06 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Putti Poot not so happy now is he?

WTF

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #19742015 - 03/24/14 05:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The leaders of the G7 have cancelled all summits with Putin until troops are withdrawn. It's hard to say how much he cares about this isolating effort.

There are also rumours that he has his eye on other territories; there is a narrow strip that goes around Maldavia (I believe). This territory is reportedly populated with ethnic/cultural Russians, and Putin may try a "liberating effort" there as well.

I agree with those who say he will not invade a NATO country. Those Eastern European States joined NATO as soon as they possibly could and for strictly this reason.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Malt Extract, Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion