Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKentuckyPWRLFTR
Lifter of heavyobjects
Male

Loc: Mt. Olympus
Casing mix question
    #1970201 - 10/01/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Assuming I do not f*@ck up between now and then, would this work as a casing mix: Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix with AquaCoir- "Mix of coconut fibers, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, and a wetting agent to provide superior water holding and releasing environment. Protects plants against the effects of over and under watering. Enriched with Miracle-Gro plant food"- combined 50/50 with vermiculite?

Thanks all

--------------------
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree...

"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."

OCD had rendered me completely insane and not believable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Casing mix question [Re: KentuckyPWRLFTR]
    #1970221 - 10/01/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i use that for my plants. i do not think it would work very well at all as a casing mixture.

use coco coir (Bed-a-Beast) instead of that potting soil mix and it'll work fine.

you can get Bed-a-Beast at the pet store. it's sold as reptile bedding. it comes as an expandable brick.

you could also pick up some crushed oyster shell at the pet store. it's sold as a bird feed supplement. add that to your mix in something like a 1:15 ratio and it'll help buffer the pH.

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
Re: Casing mix question [Re: KentuckyPWRLFTR]
    #1970955 - 10/01/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

whats with all the plant food products? the casing layer is supposed to not have any nutrition in it. Its purpose is for providing a nice moist environment for pinhead formation and moisture for the fungus to absorb to make the mushrooms grow nice and tall. just using the coir with some verm in about a 60/40 mix will do the job very nicely

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract