Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
End of Days ?
    #1969663 - 10/01/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

First of all, this has nothing to do with what might very well be Arnold Swarzenegger's worst movie ever. Right. So on the train to school I was reading up on Nietzsche and it occured to me that what Nietzsche proclaimed was needed for society has already been accepted. Seems like the ideas upon which the Western Empire have been built have failed.

- Solid morals are hard to find in current, pluralistic society. While I accept free speech, shows like Jackass squared (these two Englsih dudes who torture eachother), Kenny Rogers, Big Brother, Temptation Island, and more seem to me to want to fill a huge hole in our collective souls with mere brainless entertainment.

- Organised, institional religion is failing, which is good as such, but so is religion in general failing. Most people I know are suffering from an advanced state of cynicism, confusion about metaphysics or both.

- Capitalism is failing - evident in the crisis that is hitting the entire western world, apprently for no reason. September 11th is blamed, but how much effect does passenger transport by air really have on the entire economical foodchain? Furthermore, capitalism is based on the idea of "make 'em need more, more, more", but how much do people really have to gain from new trinkets? There comes a time when people (in the west) have all they need, and that time is now.

- Science is branching up in so many different fields of study that fail to combine into one solid world view. The idea that science cannot and is was never intended to explain life's great mysteries is finally dawning on humankind. Moreover, science has long abandoned rationality and objectivity, and has become more and more intertwined with moral viewpoints, subconscious as they may be.

- Philosophy has lacked any great thinkers in the last two decades, lacked originality, and has lacked a complete image.

- Art - meant to be created by free minds - has become an institution led by bigots who proclaim what is to be art and what is not. It's not about expression anymore, it's about Warholistic consumerism. It's about selling, with as little effort and costs as possible.

- Personal freedom is being stripped from citizens who were once free across the globe as we speak. Arguments such as their skin colour and religion are used to lock them up without a chance at a trial.

- Stress, anxiety, alienation, heart attacks, high blood pressure, obesity. Our current hectic way of life creates shortcomings in our bodies. Perhaps an indication that this cannot continue?

- The environment is slowly going to hell. Tornadoes, floods, draught... consequences of industrialisation, commerce, greed and individualism at the cost of the very vessel that carries us all: the Earth.

Is this a sign of the coming about of new times, based on sound ethics, morals, religion, philosophy and perhaps a new way of living? Will the political pendulum start swinging in the other direction?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: End of Days ? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1969667 - 10/01/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> Is this a sign of the coming about of new times

New times, perhaps... end of the world, I doubt. (Though the dawn of a new age has never been backed by humans that had the ability to wipe out the planet before, so who knows.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: End of Days ? [Re: Seuss]
    #1969676 - 10/01/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't mean the end of the world as such, just the end of the one we know.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: End of Days ? [Re: Seuss]
    #1969678 - 10/01/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Transformation..
Metamorphose..

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1969690 - 10/01/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you ask me..yes. The end of the reign of 3rd density, where select individuals hold the power through deception and greed and manipulation. Once critical mass is attained, there will be a breakthrough, which can manifest in several ways.
The world is a changing... for the better
Yet the old infrastructures and negative thought patterns must first be destroyed before they can be replaced with more efficient systems. But the pieces are already coming together.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1969716 - 10/01/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The world crumbles around me, but I sit waiting for more proof  :smirk:

My intuition has rarely, if ever, let me down and for a few years now it has pushed the thought of change. I cannot describe it beyond the feeling that something is around the corner. Not litterally, of course, and not personally. Change is in the air, and I can feel it.

But I can make no claims as to what is comming. I am at a loss.

Change.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1969810 - 10/01/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I feel honestly that I will see the End Times in my life. Im sure every generation before me has felt the same way. But something in my heart, even when it is at it's saddest.. even when it is breaking by watching the world around it.. something beats quicker and expands even more to allow me to take it all in. I experience hope like never before, even though by all signs, I shouldnt be. I also dont believe it will be the end of the world. I believe it will be an awakening, an enlightening.. but never the less, a time of great happiness.

My only worry is, what more will happen till the corner turns?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: End of Days ? [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1969824 - 10/01/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The darkest hour is before dawn

Either the proverbial shit will hit the fan, and splatter everywhere

Or it will be a smooth transition

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: End of Days ? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1969847 - 10/01/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i am already a child of the 5th density, so I'm ahead of you and therefore know more than you about the child and about the Wurld of GOd(child life).

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: End of Days ? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1969854 - 10/01/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok...  :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#1970425 - 10/01/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I farted...and it was good...so I kept it.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1970516 - 10/01/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
If you ask me..yes. The end of the reign of 3rd density, where select individuals hold the power through deception and greed and manipulation. Once critical mass is attained, there will be a breakthrough, which can manifest in several ways.
The world is a changing... for the better
Yet the old infrastructures and negative thought patterns must first be destroyed before they can be replaced with more efficient systems. But the pieces are already coming together.

w0rd!

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: End of Days ? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1971076 - 10/01/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

i am already a child of the 5th density, so I'm ahead of you and therefore know more than you about the child and about the Wurld of GOd(child life).

Horus, is that you? Stop fucking around on the internet, you need to stop by my house tomorrow.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
Re: End of Days ? [Re: Adamist]
    #1972408 - 10/02/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have felt, for a good part of my life that somethings going to happen, something big that will change everything.....but as Trendal said as well, I'm clueless as to what will happen.

Invisibleadrug

Re: End of Days ? [Re: seethe303]
    #1973507 - 10/02/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lots of little differences I've been noticing. I seem to be picking up on things a lot easier lately. My intuition...better. I haven't been having an easy time lately, but considering, I'm feeling much better than I ever expected. I also feel like things are changing...whether it be a shift in consciousness, evolution, just a personal change, or whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it with very little nervousness. :smirk:

'Things' seem to 'move' a little faster every day, if that makes any sense to anyone. :crazy: things...move...could I get any more ambigious? 

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: End of Days ? [Re: adrug]
    #1973693 - 10/02/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i feel it now and i have felt it my whole life, i will be around to see a great change, somthing the world has never before seen. heres why.
i do believe that if i had a choice as to which time period i was born into, before i was born, i would choose to see the end of it all, or perhaps somthing spectacular the lieks of which mankind and the world has never known. i do believe i had that choice.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order