Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday
    #1966960 - 09/30/03 05:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

WEll here are three stages of the growth and development of Panaeolina f0oenisecii from four yourng healthy specimens seen here below:

Now an older specimen whose cap has fully opened up and the color zonate bands are beginning to fade away:

and an older specimen whose color has completely faded away:

Now in the vry same lawn I found little patches of Psilocybe stuntzii.
However the stupid digital failed to make good copies of the ones inthe lawn which I picked and placed in my hand later to rephotograph once I saw the blurred lawn specimens were horrible in their imagery. I left the shrooms on a white box alongside the lawn for some one to find or not.

Here are 11 images from that lawn where I found the Panaeolina foenisecii Maire specimens posted above these words.

Here is an example of a blurred shroom:

Below, observe the turned up wavy cap similar to P. cyanescens and some other species which get wavy caps in aging.

This next one illustrates one of the clearer images I got of the lawn specimens.

Next Time I will use film and a macro lens and see the difference in quality of lawn and mulch shrooms:

Below you can view the little ring which is no blue in this particular image.

A bouquet of Blue Ringers:

And all of those above were thin stemed and small and had very striate margins showing throught the caps of the gill plate lines.

See the collection of the thin stemmed ringers in my hand:

Now these blue ringers below all had real thick stems and very thick caps. What a contrast to those skinny ones above

ANd here to confirm these differences are the thick stemed capped blue ringers inmy hand as opposed to the thin srtemmed ones posted above in my hand:

So that was the totality of my days adventure.

Nothing lost, everything gained by my cool images.

mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebcustom
three short ofone-hundred

Loc: Grrreat Pac NW
Re: I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1967151 - 09/30/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome pictures...  I especially like the ones of the ringers in their natural habitat.  I really wish we would get some rain :frown:, I checked my usual spots and to my dismay, there appeared to be only 20 little ringers and a couple scattered Pan. Subs. Hopefully conditions improve.

PS:  I will send Whole9 a message tonight.

--------------------
Don't you look at me in that tone of voice!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday [Re: bcustom]
    #1968115 - 09/30/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Actually their natural habitat are pastures where they are very rare and hard to find, along with P. fimetaria, a similar macroscopic look-a-like found in lawns and rare in pastures.

mj

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

#1968714 - 10/01/03 03:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Found em too, the foenisecii, but ehhr.. I'm not sure to eat them, they don't contain psilocybin right? Well some say it does some say it doesn't... I dunno!

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday [Re: JAMsper]
    #1969320 - 10/01/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I bioassayed around 300 foenisecii once, and obtained only a mild 'buzz'/warm feeling, very similar to the effects i get from 200mg 5-HTP. I know they have been rumored to contain serotonin along with small amounts of similar tryptamines.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday [Re: MetaShroom]
    #1969694 - 10/01/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

OPf course they contain non-active trytamines uch as serotonine, urea, 5-hydroxytryptamine, trytophan, etc.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1970862 - 10/01/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

mj that first picture would have been one of the best pictures ive seen of a lawn mushroom if the closest foen was not blurred. how beautiful. really cool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom