Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLisergiko
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tirana, Albania Flag
Is my granny a schizophrenic?
    #19649077 - 03/04/14 08:25 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Mom's mother has always had paranoid thoughts, since before I was born (19 today). She always doubts on her loved, she accuses us about attempted murder with poisons. She says my grandad(80) does oral sex with the neighbor. He has diabetes-driven depression, he always runs mad when they confront each other (They live divided in rooms in the same apartment). She has accused me of being a junky, well ok, I became later but this is the only thing that she has gotten right :P
Anyways they're both dieing of anxiety, heart diseases, diabetes..and I thought I'd could end all of this. The impact of an entheogen trip could possibly "cure" her, in this case which one ?

--------------------
Love Sex Drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Lisergiko]
    #19649222 - 03/04/14 09:13 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

but this is the only thing that she has gotten right :P

How do you know?  :satan:

Quote:

and I thought I'd could end all of this. The impact of an entheogen trip could possibly "cure" her

No

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Lisergiko] * 1
    #19649304 - 03/04/14 09:48 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Its one thing that I think all people of earth should experience at some point in their life if not incorporate IT ritually somehow(?) :zomgzomgzomg:

But people seem so fragile an unadventurous and suspicious.  It could possibly send her to the psych ward and her delusions might build on one another into a crescendo of acute breakdown.  Then meds and labels and all that entails.

But, IME that's not all bad news.  Exposing yourself to the chaos of your own mind (and the medical community's response) and its potential for better or worse is progress regardless if you can make it to the other side of sanity.  I just don't know if unstable people that have been battling for so long need to be thrown into further turmoil as some learning feat of temporary enlightenment.:sad:

Perhaps the light of Truth will reveal itself if she chews it over with em.  Dunno.

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Loc: Interdependent Co-arising
    #19652620 - 03/04/14 10:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

old hearts no joke. many variables
ask a doctor
maybe something gentle like kanna with breaks? slow small dosages, maybe a 20x or something that dissolves easily in water, measured.

--------------------
"Springs of water welling from the fire"

"Life may seem to flee in a moment, but when the mind is freed of the veil of ignorance, and illusion that comes between the mind and the truth, life and death are only opposite sides of the same coin - "water welling from the fire."

"Within us, we carry the world of no-birth and no-death. But we never touch it, because we live only with our notions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant
"Experience always goes beyond ideas"

Edited by Sse (03/04/14 10:15 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #19652677 - 03/04/14 10:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said: No

:thumbup:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Rahz]
    #19653820 - 03/05/14 09:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said: No

:thumbup:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Lisergiko] * 1
    #19653824 - 03/05/14 09:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I really think entheogens are only valuable when people research them, seek them out, and use them in an appropriate environment.  If you are a mentally unstable elderly person who knows nothing about them, and you are being given these substances by a relative in an uncontrolled environment, nothing good is going to come from the experience; and as others have said, it could be bad for her stability.  They are simply not a cure-all.

It's sad that LSD, psilocybin, et al. have not become naturally accepted into the psychiatric and therapeutic world.  They were making a natural progression towards acceptance in the United States and Western Europe based on many very positive, detailed results, but all of that was derailed by the DEA and subsequent pressure by the U.S. government for its European allies to adhere to its regime of banning all such substances.  There is evidence that LSD, administered in low doses in a therapeutic setting, has brought about strengthening psychological changes in very young, troubled children, elderly people, and every age group in between.  Unfortunately, that research was never built upon, and it would be unwise to assume that as a recreational user of these substances you would be qualified to help someone gain insight through such an experience.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineSse
Saṃsāra

Loc: Interdependent Co-arising
    #19654297 - 03/05/14 11:41 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.sceletium.org/

Contraindications

There have been no confirmed reports of drug interactions, However, because of the nero-receptor activities of Sceletium there may be interactions with other pharmacokinetiv drugs. People taking any psychiatric drug (including all anti-anxiety drugs, sedatives, hypnotics, antidepressants and anti-psychotics and so-called designer or recreational drugs) or any cardiac medications, are advised not to take Sceletium-containing products.

As with most supplements and modern drugs, safety in pregnancy has not been established.

Sceletium is used to rebalance the brain and nervous system and thereby relieve symptoms of depression. Combined with other well known herbs, this formulation has been proven to be extremely effective and safe.

--------------------
"Springs of water welling from the fire"

"Life may seem to flee in a moment, but when the mind is freed of the veil of ignorance, and illusion that comes between the mind and the truth, life and death are only opposite sides of the same coin - "water welling from the fire."

"Within us, we carry the world of no-birth and no-death. But we never touch it, because we live only with our notions."
-Thich Nhat Hanh
instant
"Experience always goes beyond ideas"

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Sse]
    #19655385 - 03/05/14 03:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #19658080 - 03/06/14 03:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Terminal patients taking LSD: "Oh shit I am a divine being, this universe is sacred, God alone exists, and it all extends well beyond what I think is some kind of death. GIVE ME MORE YOU NURSE SHITBAG GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE *patient is gobbling LSD and has not become a turkey*"

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: circastes]
    #19658200 - 03/06/14 05:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I had this feeling shrooms might be some kind of cure or something for schizophrenia, what I actually found was if you are in a certain state shrooms will catalyse astonishing physiological regeneration including the brain. Schizophrenia is some abnormality in the physiology of the brain and on some level you know about it, where it is, what it's doing, how it can be fixed. If you disintegrate cultural values and understanding which limits what you believe is possible, and allow a biological harmoniousness, and trust your body to itself, it will undergo this regenerative process.

Relying on science alone for our salvation isn't the right approach. Look to abnormal states of consciousness which show all we know to be a mere 'good story' and go off on your own to see what is possible.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#19658208 - 03/06/14 05:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

What does relying in science alone even mean?
What do you understand by this?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #19658239 - 03/06/14 05:58 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Suffering is the state that arises from the division of the false and true selves.

Schizophrenia arises when one becomes aware of this division. It persists until the false self is laid to rest.

That is all.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: viktor]
    #19658266 - 03/06/14 06:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
Suffering is the state that arises from the division of the false and true selves.

I;m not buying that. Can you please elaborate?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#19658431 - 03/06/14 07:59 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'd rather you suffered :awesomenod:

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#19658626 - 03/06/14 09:26 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
I had this feeling shrooms might be some kind of cure or something for schizophrenia, what I actually found was if you are in a certain state shrooms will catalyse astonishing physiological regeneration including the brain. Schizophrenia is some abnormality in the physiology of the brain and on some level you know about it, where it is, what it's doing, how it can be fixed. If you disintegrate cultural values and understanding which limits what you believe is possible, and allow a biological harmoniousness, and trust your body to itself, it will undergo this regenerative process.

Relying on science alone for our salvation isn't the right approach. Look to abnormal states of consciousness which show all we know to be a mere 'good story' and go off on your own to see what is possible.

I'm amazed at how often you pitch this idea of regeneration still. Id have thought you'd notice aging by now.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#19658812 - 03/06/14 10:11 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
I'd rather you suffered :awesomenod:

'cuz you can't sustain your bs? funny little boy! :lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#19659962 - 03/06/14 04:32 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#19660140 - 03/06/14 05:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Is my granny a schizophrenic? [Re: Kickle]
    #19661299 - 03/06/14 10:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Quote:

circastes said:

I'm amazed at how often you pitch this idea of regeneration still. Id have thought you'd notice aging by now.

The lines across my forehead have almost completely disappeared. My psychiatrist and case manager have noticed but they haven't confronted me on it yet. It has been gradual, sometimes quick, a kind of tickle across the skin, used to happen primarily in sleep paralysis and dream like experiences but now is the norm for me during the day.

I used to be a lot older. I also used to be a lot more brain damaged from TBI and schizophrenia.

I wouldn't keep pitching this idea if I didn't think I was right and that other freethinking individuals should know about it.

Take McKenna's position that you have yourself, your mind, your surroundings, your family/friends, the rest is unconfirmable rumor, probably lies. TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY! What are you waiting for? Everyone feels a malaise in their life, everyone wants some adventure, this is why most of us here trip. Well this can be your life. The culture provides you with nothing. Learn to operate the nervous system.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order