Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Florida Panaeolus ID please
    #1965432 - 09/30/03 10:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I just returned from a difficult, but rewarding hunt. After forcing my way through a WALL of some stupid plants (which I didn't have to go through....but didn't know better) I made it out into the main field and found about 30 cubes varying in size from little babies to full size nice healthy fruits. I also found maybe 10-20 of what I believe to be Copelandia cyanescens. You'll have to forgive the quality of my picture, as I used a scanner and not a camera. The blueing was not as intense as I expected, although as more time is passing it is definatly there....although on most of them it's more of a blackening. A few of them I have decided are most likely Panaeolus sphintrinus due to the red stems and lack of bruising (bottom two in the picture). Some of the caps are darker than others, but all have the distinct darker brown top fading to either white or light brown. Spore prints of three specimens (including one suspected sphincter) are in the making. I'm nearly sure the majority of them are cyanecens, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I eat em.
I also found a few mushrooms I hadn't seen before, they looked much like cubes only they had white gills and the viel remains were not stained purple. I was a bit suprised not to see a single Panaeolus Atrillium (sp?), normally they are all over.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Florida Panaeolus ID please [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #1965582 - 09/30/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

WEllt he top three are Copelandia species, prbably Copleandia cyanescens. HEre I corrected the image of the top shrooms. The bottoms could also be the same buyt the stems look reddish brown.

Here is my corrected picture of your Cope score.

mjshroomer

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Florida Panaeolus ID please [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #1965612 - 09/30/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The blue bruising mushrooms appear to be Copelandia cyanescens.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Florida Panaeolus ID please [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1965774 - 09/30/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

A few of them I have decided are most likely Panaeolus sphintrinus due to the red stems and lack of bruising (bottom two in the picture).

I didn't think the bottom two were copes, in fact I know they arn't....they have all the characteristics of sphincters, red stems, toothed edges, and no bruising. Thanks for confirming my suspicions of the top ones being copes. I'm gonna have a fun weekend! *edit*Heh, my official sporeprints are still not finished....but I had the copes laying on a towel to dry after washing and just saw two jet black prints left on my towel. Btw if my posts seem rambling, sorry I didn't go to sleep last night and was out hunting from 7am to 10*edit*

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Edited by ChiefThunderbong (09/30/03 01:32 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification