Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledrr
Female
Let's talk about getting high on basil * 2
    #19633605 - 03/01/14 08:27 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a joke but this is starting to actually look promising.

Nutmeg was a disappointment when I tried it as a kid. But this sounds pretty good. I got the idea to look into this from another user's signature, and I came across these threads:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151249

http://herbs.mxf.yuku.com/topic/3784181

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156755 * This one's really cool, and goes into different spice cabinet essential oils and how to get psychedelic or mdma-like effects from them

Quote:

Methyl chavicol is found in sweet basil oil. When properly activated this produces an electric LSD-like psychedelic effect. It’s a great mood enhancer, aphrodisiac, and also produces some visual effects. When not properly activated this produces a sedative effect that’s almost like marijuana, but not at all psychedelic. The P450 enzymes CYP1A2 and CYP2A6 cause the inactive 1-hydroxy-methyl chavicol to form. It’s possible that CYP2D6 is needed for psychedelic activity.

Anyone want to step in with any personal experiences? From what I'm reading this sounds worth looking into.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: drr]
    #19633607 - 03/01/14 08:30 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting. I've found tulsi basil tea to have a very nice mood elevating effect, but nothing I'd really describe as psychoactive

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinedpomalia
Strange
 User Gallery

Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: nicechrisman]
    #19633611 - 03/01/14 08:33 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds pretty cool who's a any chemists willing to take the challenge?

InvisibleTheShroomingAtheis
He's gone....

Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: dpomalia]
    #19633619 - 03/01/14 08:36 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I'm calling bs. If you want a good myristicin high get some nutmeg oil...

--------------------
You gotta face the music!

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: dpomalia]
    #19633624 - 03/01/14 08:37 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

You don't need to be a chemist. You just need essential oil of sweet basil that's high in methyl chavicol and german chamomile tea. Both are on amazon or probably at your local health food store.

I might give it a shot.

People are describing it as similar to mescaline and LSD. Very euphoric phenethylamine body feeling and visual patterns.

Apparently the german chamomile ( a specific type) contains some chemical that inhibits an enzyme in your body, which allows you to experience the full psychedelic potential of methyl chavicol.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: TheShroomingAtheis]
    #19633628 - 03/01/14 08:38 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomingAtheis said:
I'm calling bs. If you want a good myristicin high get some nutmeg oil...

It's not a myristicin high. it's a methyl chavicol high. Read some of the threads I posted.

Quote:

Myristicin is mostly known as the main active in nutmeg oil, however it occurs in much greater quantities in Hungarian parsley seed oil. Myristicin produces a psychedelic effect that’s like a mix of MDMA and mescaline when properly activated. It’s quite speedy however. Myisticin is primarily inactivated by P450 enzymes CYP1A2 and CYP3A4. The P450 enzyme CYP2D6 might be critical to getting good effects from myristicin.

Elemicin is found in elemi oil, and nutmeg. This is more difficult to get working than myristicin. When activated properly, it produces effects like those of mescaline. When not activated properly it produces mild sedative effects like those of melatonin, which is not at all psychedelic. Elemicin is mostly inactivated by conversion to 1-hydroxy-elemicin. It’s unknown exactly which P450 enzymes do this, but it’s highly likely that CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP1A2, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, and CYP2E1 can all cause 1-hydroxy-elemicin to form. CYP2D6 might be needed for psychedelic activity.

Safrole is found mainly in sassafras oil but is also found in nutmeg in much smaller amounts, but enough to affect the nutmeg trip. When activated, this produces effects similar to MDMA. It’s not very visual; it’s more of an empathogen than a psychedelic. When not properly activated it produces a mild sedative effect that’s not psychedelic. The P450 enzymes CYP2A6, CYP2C9, and CYP2E1 primarily inactivate safrole by conversion to 1-hydroxy-safrole. CYP2D6 might be needed for psychedelic/empathogenic activity.

Methyl chavicol is found in sweet basil oil. When properly activated this produces an electric LSD-like psychedelic effect. It’s a great mood enhancer, aphrodisiac, and also produces some visual effects. When not properly activated this produces a sedative effect that’s almost like marijuana, but not at all psychedelic. The P450 enzymes CYP1A2 and CYP2A6 cause the inactive 1-hydroxy-methyl chavicol to form. It’s possible that CYP2D6 is needed for psychedelic activity.

While some of the oils are known to be inactivated by certain P450 enzymes, primarily by 1-hydroxylation, in many cases if the primarily P450 enzymes are inhibited, other P450 enzymes will take their place. This means that more than just the primary P450 enzymes should be inhibited.

Methyl chavicol and myristicin seem to be much easier to activate than elemicin or safrole. Often myristicin is active on it’s own.

Of the main oils, nutmeg oil is usually the most active on its own without taking other oilahuasca enzyme inhibitors. The reason for this is not entirely known however nutmeg oil does sometimes contain substantial amounts of its own P450 inhibitors. Also myristicin itself is often active without inhibitors.

Basil oil is the least active on it’s own, often producing no psychedelic effects at all, but is also the easiest to activate.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156755#ixzz2uiaMfIjp

Invisibledrr
Female
    #19633695 - 03/01/14 09:15 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Well after more reading maybe that dude isn't the best source of information for this stuff.

Whatever.

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #19633725 - 03/01/14 09:30 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I remember a 69ron from dmt nexus who was supposedly connected to the flowing vision shop that sold improperly converted THH with harmaline contam. Anyways I remember him making a form after leaving the nexus to discuss these findings he backed with claims. After the issues with FV though it's hard to believe him. Still I did notice people reporting... whether they succeeded or not I forget.

Edit: yup there he is on drugs in the first link. I recommend shooting him a pm for a better understanding as he knew his science.

Edited by tacodude (03/01/14 09:33 AM)

OfflineRoflspammer
Strangest
Male

Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: tacodude]
    #19633908 - 03/01/14 11:01 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I have a boss named Basil. He's black. I frequently put basil on his desk.

I want to get high with Basil

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: Roflspammer]
    #19634325 - 03/01/14 01:12 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Basil wants to get high on you.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

InvisibleMindDrips
Telephasic Workshop
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: Roflspammer]
    #19634417 - 03/01/14 01:33 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Roflspammer said:
I have a boss named Basil. He's black. I frequently put basil on his desk.

I want to get high with Basil

Bring him a bag of "basil" you can share! :lol:

:flyhigh:

--------------------
"Pebbles and marbles like things on my mind,
Seem to get lost and harder to find.
When I am alone I am inclined,
If I find a pebble in sand,
To think that it fell from my hand..."

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #19634432 - 03/01/14 01:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

"Psychedelic Oils"? Huh.

Im calling BS too. Theres no "psychedelic oils" in Basil. I have this very comprehensive book called "Plants of the Gods" by Albert Hoffman (and other authors). The best source of natural occuring psychedelic plants.
It even names this species called "Dog Grass". Never even heard of it before, but its got germacranolides apparently :shrug:

Just no literature on psychedelic compounds in basil. Various types of Mint have, but not basil.

~ LC

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (03/01/14 01:38 PM)

InvisibleSimple-Psyman
Male

Loc: Eire Flag
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #19634603 - 03/01/14 02:23 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

dont know about the basil but just had to say plants of the gods is a great book:thumbup:... i have it sitting next to me right now..cant remember anything about basil in it either:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKingKnowledge
Around
Male

Loc: East Coast
    #19634770 - 03/01/14 03:06 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

The article says one active ingredient is similar to PMA - that shit found in "superman" pills.

Dangerous stuff.

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #19634916 - 03/01/14 03:38 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like it would be a deliriant like Nutmeg

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: theRAPeutic]
    #19635050 - 03/01/14 04:10 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

theRAPeutic said:
Sounds like it would be a deliriant like Nutmeg

69Ron claims that nutmeg oil, specifically, produces great effects: Nutmeg Oil, a far better psychedelic than Nutmeg nuts

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: Da2ra]
    #19635565 - 03/01/14 06:03 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

69 may or may not have run FV.  However, there is no $$$monopoly$$$ to be had on Basil oil or Star anise pods (a better/more complete activator than German chamomile).

Drink star anise tea; wait 20 minutes: take methyl chavicol (sweet basil extract) drops in a gel-cap.

EZ                  and

There's proof in that thar pudding :awesomenod:

I love LSA and wouldn't choose just anything over it; but in my signature you can see...

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (03/01/14 06:04 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: flickedbic]
    #19635760 - 03/01/14 06:36 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
69 may or may not have run FV.  However, there is no $$$monopoly$$$ to be had on Basil oil or Star anise pods (a better/more complete activator than German chamomile).

Drink star anise tea; wait 20 minutes: take methyl chavicol (sweet basil extract) drops in a gel-cap.

EZ                  and

There's proof in that thar pudding :awesomenod:

I love LSA and wouldn't choose just anything over it; but in my signature you can see...

Did you ever do a writeup of the effects?

I couldn't really find anything about it on erowid, then again I guess erowid is outdated now and practically defunct anyway, I hardly ever see any new content on there.

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
    #19635790 - 03/01/14 06:42 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Methyl Chavicol is the goodie in Sweet Basil Oil.

25 drops of 99% methyl chavicol (after Star anise tisane) gives a euphoric & energetic trip with Lysergic/Psilly head-spaces and a warm and fuzzy body feel; but may have been a drop or two too much for me as it gave some jittery stimulation but was, all in all, really really nice. 

The report:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:45(pm) Brew by simmering 3.5g ground Star Anise
2:15 Filtered into a teacup and over Chai teabag
2:25 Begin drinking after milking teabag
2:28 3.5 drops German Chamomile oil mixed with 4 drops Cinnamon essential oil in Olive oil; dosed in small capsule (this step was not really necessary it seems; only precautionary...)
2:32 25 drops 99% M.C. likewise dosed; in a 000
2:42 GC burp
2:45 Small snap solar-toked and knife throwing.
2:50 Stimulation noted.
2:55 Cayenne powder stuffed 000 dosed
3:00 Broken; the only throwing knife (...it was going anyways...)
3:10 Happy stimulation.
3:25 Declined hit of hash due to escalating euphoria.
3:55  Euphoric effects seem to have peaked.
4:08 Massive head party after a medium-small hit of the hash was accepted over herb screen via "solar toke" thru glass pipe.
4:23 Reminiscent of LSwhatever
but great lol's + diff. but similar; more electric, body vibe.

Might be comparable to a small amount of the little ones mixed with cannabis.

4:40 Eat pear after brief sharp pain in the lefthand-side bottom of the back that dissapeared as quickly, reminiscent of lemon-oil bufotenine; perhaps the dose should have gone with oatmeal and bananas/pears or metamucil etc.(for soluble fiber)?

5:07 Play some "just OK" guitar after "long time no play" but it was good interesting fun; before another, similar solar toke as above taken.
5:15 Strong stimulation is ok; no teeth grinding tendencies... but a little "shaky"...
5:20 Put on a "calming tea" blend "formulated according to... "The Yellow Emperor's: Treatise on Health and Longevity."... traditionally used to promote... relaxation and alleviate constipation"
Ingredients: Green Tea (naturally decaffeinated), Cassia Seed, Mulberry Fruit-spike, Dwarf Lilyturf Tuber, Lycium Fruit, Longan Fruit, Sweet Chrysanthemum, Common Selfheal Fruit-spike, Tangerine Cake, Fleece Flower Root, and Schisandra Fruit."

5:30 Begin relaxing into the stimulated; yet tranquil and "at ease" feeling...
5:45 Start drinking tea anyways.
5:50 Stimulation has subsided greatly
6:00 Closed eyes for drums and easily fell into trance
6:10 Basic hypnogogic closed eye imagery to interesting "to the point" thought pattern.
7:00  Body relaxing more and a calmer yet very active mental stimulation and a slight pressure in the eyes/head/neck continue; along with the gentle contentedness.
7:20 Increased mental clarity noted as hash stone vanishes.

The M.C. might be liked to a "LSBufoten-amphetamine"... with a tiny bit of the little ones starting off the parade and peeking around the corners.

A long-lasting and somewhat psychedelic "sedative stimulant" , carrying.cognitive and "ok->nice 'electric-body'" stimulation; along with good anti-anxiety effects.

The stimulation got to be a little much at one point, but perhaps it was just unexpected.  A quite nice experience overall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From page five, http://herbs.mxf.yuku.com/topic/3784181/The-Psychedelic-Effects-of-Sweet-Basil-Oil-Methyl-Chavicol#.UxJgkMUo5to

Next time I'll leave out the german chamomile and cinnamon oil since they aren't necessary and just fog up the experience.

I also chase the Methyl Chavicol capsule with a peanut butter sandwich square for better absorption.

Let's see them try to ban Basil.  Muahaha :grin:

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (03/01/14 06:56 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Let's talk about getting high on basil [Re: flickedbic]
    #19637364 - 03/02/14 12:56 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Where should I move this thread...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale