Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: TODAY]
    #1978480 - 10/04/03 04:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
plus, some of those girls were hot and that is just a waste right there. 

Like Maude Flanders, before she died?

Hehe, like the Simpsons episode I watched today, The Simpsons constructed a massive puzzle and Flanders looks over his fence and says "Hey, Homer, it looks like your puzzle is missing a piece", and Homer's all like "Hey Flanders, it looks like you are missing your wife", and Flanders says "Yeah, I guess I did sort of walk into that one":

Now, as The Simpsons is a grand reflection of human nature and life, I do believe it was Flanders that buried all of his anger instead of dealing with it, in the true brainwashed sort of way, and eventually exploded...
Or something.

I notice sometimes when I am laying down in bed at night, just totally relaxing and zoning out, all it takes is one memory of something from the Simpsons to set off all sorts of thoughts from all the episodes I have seen.. sometimes like Bart's voice will say something that he never said in any episode, just something my brain made him say, or somebody else.. and it just goes on and on.... :grin: Insane, eh?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1978597 - 10/04/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: ]
    #1978879 - 10/04/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"and whos to say that the rung of "faith in god" isn't below the man who can rid himself of all beliefs and false ideals?

as the theist looks to god for his problems and finds hope in his bible, the atheist looks at himself, he sees nature for all it can be seen and the experience of life as something more grand than he can ever imagine, or HOPE to understand. "

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1979737 - 10/04/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I seen a book somewhere called The Gospels According to the Simpsons. I have no idea what it would be about, though.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: Zahid]
    #1979742 - 10/04/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have a book called The Simpsons and Philosophy. I'd reccommend it to anyone new to philosophy. Sorry for getting off-topic. I just had to throw that in there.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #1979751 - 10/04/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

joeshitragpicker said:
Your beleif system is no better/worse than mine; because when it comes down to it, the only thing we really know is that we are these animals floating on a ball in space. Period.
Everything anyone says is pure speculation. All thiscomes from language; which is nothing more than a construct of our imagination; language itself limits the individual when they attempt to explain God to another human.
Anyone saying anything derogatory about anothers belief system/percieved core of who they are has obviously not come to this conclusion, which means they deny reality.

As a human being I am equal to all mankind. In no way do my beliefs make me better than others. They only serve to enhance my own personal being by letting me have a relationship with Allah. Some Atheists, in my opinion are guilty too of fundamentalism. I've seen alot of atheists arrogantly flaunt the fact that they're "too intelligent to believe in God", ridiculing anyone humble enough to admit there's a higher power, et cet era. At the same time I've met atheists who personally don't give a damn about the beliefs of others and their own and thus keep to themselves.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1979752 - 10/04/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: 

--------------------

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Loc: Hungary
    #1979775 - 10/04/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hi. Do you accept someone to be honestly a catholic christian and still accepting the teachings of the muslim religion? (As far as a Hungarian catholic believer knows and understands muslim)

On-topic, understanding the role of Jesus and his humanly path was way the most "difficult" thing for me as a christian. That means, that for a long time I just didn't understand what this all jesus-crusifying-savior - thing means. When I understood what pisces changing to aquarious means, I understood the role of jesus as a human as well (I am an aquarious, my mother is pisces :smile: and as soon as I really understood the role of humility, I understood trinity. (More than before).

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: Siphersh]
    #1979813 - 10/04/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hi. Do you accept someone to be honestly a catholic christian and still accepting the teachings of the muslim religion? (As far as a Hungarian catholic believer knows and understands muslim)

What's wrong with tolerance?

Karol Wojtyla himself even kissed a copy of The Holy Qur'an and declared that God's love extends to people outside the Church, including Muslims.

--------------------

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
    #1979820 - 10/04/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

God's love extends to everybody, that is why Jesus came to Earth to live among us and die for us.  :heartpump:

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: Funguy]
    #1979825 - 10/04/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Why did Jesus have to die for us in order for God to love us?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: Funguy]
    #1979840 - 10/04/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:
God's love extends to everybody, that is why Jesus came to Earth to live among us and die for us.  :heartpump: 

Salaam Funguy (interesting play on words, :smile: )

Of course (although I'm not sure what at all happened to Jesus when he died - and I do believe he physically died which is contrary to the Qur'anic account that he was 'snatched' from the physical world), but in the good faith of other religions, His love extends to them too. Whether it's a Christian teenager crying joyfully at a Christian rock concert, an old Muslim woman crying at the Kaaba after performing Hajj for the first time in her 70 years, a Hindu praying and fasting in a secluded area of the Eastern Ghats, or an observing Jew praying at Wailing Wall - we all remember the Almighty, and He remembers us. 

--------------------

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
    #1979846 - 10/04/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You ask, 'what's wrong with tolerance'...

Uh... I havent read the whole thread, but it must have been quite a rough ride that you get my question that critisistic... It was a question.

I am a person of radical catholic faith, who believes that the ultimate question is if you accept a godly presence behind the most basic presence or not; and still believes, that even buddhism is equivalent in validity with christianity...

I asked about your perspective on this tolerant radicalism...

Yes, the Church is opening toward the religions of the world. It's as if the Dalai Lama and the Vatican were competing on the extent of tolerance... :-)

One God -- One God -- One Truth -- One Law...

O, why do we seperete humanity this forcefully? We will never unite in the Father until we unite in ourselves.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1979855 - 10/04/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Can you elaborate on "tolerant radicalism"?

Wouldn't that just make them a moderate Catholic? My traditional understanding of what a 'radical' is, is someone intolerant of the faiths and beliefs of others. 'Liberal' and 'Conservative' has so many sets of beliefs though. I suppose you are right, as I view the Pope as a Conservative Catholic - yet he's no Pat Robertson.

A fine line between religious fundamentalistism and liberalism? It's hard to determine. In Irshad Manji's book she speaks of 'liberal' Muslims who still believe Shari'ah is perfect - when Islamic Law itself is neither sanctioned by the Qur'an or the Prophet Muhammad.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (10/04/03 08:56 PM)

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
    #1979856 - 10/04/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Truth is that what you speak.

I believe that if you find contradictions between christian, hindu or buddhist truths, you must have misunderstood the teaching. :-)

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Re: Christ died for our sins? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1979870 - 10/04/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

God loves us anyway. It's like the soil offering nutrients to the plant, and the plant accepts, or rejects it. Jesus Christ reopened the possibility of this connection.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1979874 - 10/04/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One need not believe other religions to be equally true in order to be tolerant of other religions. One must only accept the possibility that they could be wrong. Of course, there are some aspects of certain religions that are clearly wrong(such as the creationism) which we don't need to accept as valid because they contradict scientific fact. We must be tolerant, but not to the extent that we turn a blind eye to reason.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1979889 - 10/04/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Siphersh said:
Truth is that what you speak.

I believe that if you find contradictions between christian, hindu or buddhist truths, you must have misunderstood the teaching. :-)

I definately agree.

How many vines does one tree have?  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
    #1979897 - 10/04/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Er... Many peaople try to synthesize religions by blending them, and creating an average "none-of-them" in their minds. I believe, that no one religion has to give up anything of its most radical identity to be correspondig to the One Truth and to accept other religions as corresponding to the One Truth just as well.

Well... I mean those religions which fucus on the One Truth. Of course there are pieces of existence called "religion", which are not focused on the One Truth. Animism, for example, or Taoism. I do not mean those. They do not say anything about the One Truth, so they are not that "difficult" to accept.

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
    #1979903 - 10/04/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Every single human person is a seperate branch of the tree of life, and thus has an individual path finding back to the original connection to the roots. :-)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order