Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineColenelForbin
Stranger

Thanks Everybody!! A Laughing Gym Success Story
    #1962246 - 09/29/03 08:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just a note to thank toxixman and everyone else for helping me
identify my first active find. I think I got about 2 ounces Dried from one cluster of shrooms. Im headed out to look for more soon.
Im a little concerned about eating too many gyms. I remember someone saying that gyms can give you liver problems. We ate about 2-3 grams each this weekend, and had a great experience, all from shrooms I found in my home town. Unbelievable. I was so nervous when I ate them, but I knew I had done the correct steps to ensure safety.
What a great hobby!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Thanks Everybody!! A Laughing Gym Success Story [Re: ColenelForbin]
    #1962334 - 09/29/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wow- that's not a very potent dose of gyms- must have been potent gyms! Glad to hear it Colenel Forbin.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

OnlineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1962380 - 09/29/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you're not nervous when you eat a new species of wild mushrooms for the first time, then you haven't learned enough. That shred of uncertainty is what helps keep you safe.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinetoadfish
Stranger
    #1962484 - 09/29/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How would you describe the "great experience"? Two or three grams seems low for what I've read about these, Was it a trip, a buzz or just a feeling? The reason I ask is I hope to try big gyms myself sometime but cannot find consistent first hand info on dosage.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Thanks Everybody!! A Laughing Gym Success Story [Re: toadfish]
    #1962518 - 09/29/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I want to know the same thing, I'm intrigued by the "Gym experiance". The reports are vauge and lacking detail. I want to hear from some folks here in the hunting forum, GG, Mr. mushrooms, and other Gymnopilus hunter/collectors about the "trip" from this genus. It has got to have a different vibe about it. I hear everything from phenethlyamine(sp?) type qualities, to hysterical laughing, to weak and barely noticeable effects. So many posts, so many people find them, does anyone ever eat them?

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (09/29/03 11:15 AM)

OfflineColenelForbin
Stranger

#1962573 - 09/29/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The trip was just that, a trip.
It took a good hour to come one.
I ater a mixture of stem pieces and caps.
a strong body buzz, along with very vivid hallucinations. Very dopey feeling. I felt like laying down most of the trip.
Colors took up my whole plane of vision. The first two hours was very intense. A sudden urge to laugh happened a couple of times. Breathing was a little irregular. A lot of shifting visions, as well as exploding type parabolic trails. Very different mushroom trip than Ive ever had eating cubies. No yawning, no tweaked out feeling. Very relaxed type of trip.

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Thanks Everybody!! A Laughing Gym Success Story [Re: Lizard King]
    #1962949 - 09/29/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I ate approx. 3.5 gms. a few weeks ago. The trip and feeling was pretty good.. kinda like slight pins and needles all over, especially arms and face. then slight visuals, like this picture I have of potted flowers seemed to be growing and overflowing the pot, and spilling down the shelf, then it would start over again... general incresed light sensitivity outside, nighttime was brighter. "Happy, loving, caring feelings". Felt totally in controll the whole time,,,broke out into laughter a few times but I considered this to be normal for me. No freak outs or anything, slight apprehension, overcome easily by self reassurance, nothing major. all in all was a good trip... but the taste was terrible, stayed with me for the next day, I mean like I brushed my teeth about 10 times and it just would not go away, like eating an orange peel-x(5) I still have 2 or 3 ounces of them but just can't bring myself to eat them. Maybe in the blender with some orange juice this weekend... ???? Maybe I'll give them away who knows... Hope this helped... No Find Um...

Oh and the indigestion was terrible, even the next day,, heartburn city man. Explosive bowel movement 18 hours after ingestion. Trouble breathing the next day also... "labored breathing", is an accurate description. Anyway,, thats about it... but while in the moment it was worth it,, the after effects were bothersome...

Congrats colonel fobin.... your post was how it's supposed to go in the hunting forum,, you did a great job....from start to finish... salute...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Edited by nofind_um (09/29/03 02:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck