Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1963067 - 09/29/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

We must also consider the covenant that the Jewish people held with God which was celebrated through the act of circumcision. Why was this covenant with God associated with the removal of foreskin from infant males. Why not a tattoo, scar, article of clothing or jewelry? Perhaps the answer is that the circumcised penis bears a remarkable resemblance to psilocybe mushroom just be- fore the partial veil has broken away from the mushroom caps and they are at their greatest potency. If the Ark of the Covenant was specifically built to store manna it is logical was also tied to manna through the ritual act of circumcision, which gave each Jewish male his own mushroom-like penis.

Can anyone comment on circumcision-psilocybe connection?

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecatalyst777
soul searcher
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1963357 - 09/29/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"The thing is, all of it is only One thing. The Creation. The Creator is the Creation. Any sense of seperation or otherness is a fucking lie. We are all energy, everything is energy, and the energy is the same. Pure energy. This is what I believe God is."

What do you base this on besides your own opinion? You're not absolutely sure about this, right? I do believe that everything is interconnected, but it's only a hunch. I don't believe every aspect of the universe is interconnected.

I do appreciate your well thought out reply. We can always agree to disagree.

peace

--------------------
Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: catalyst777]
    #1965009 - 09/30/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

catalyst777 said:
What do you base this on besides your own opinion? You're not absolutely sure about this, right? I do believe that everything is interconnected, but it's only a hunch. I don't believe every aspect of the universe is interconnected.

I base this on a lot of different sources combined. Chaos theory is a good one. Ever look at the British coast?

Am I absolutely sure about this? Indeed. Provided with what science has provided, it is completely logical. To think that our perspective on the Universe encompasses all, that the Universe was designed to be looked at from our point of view is bullshit. Ever seen the movie Men In Black? Remember the galaxy in Orion's belt?

Our planets, our sun, our galaxys are only the celluar structure of some organism or structure, and I am sure that that organism has almost the exact same perspective and sense of space that we do.

The belief that we are all the same, made of the same material, and so therefore we are interconnected isn't a hunch. Everything is energy. Energy subdivided and in different frequencies to give us our illusions of us and the world and everything, but it is still all one collection of energy. Energy is the connection. Ever seen fractals? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecaterpillar
five stargeneral

Loc: Finland
    #1968846 - 10/01/03 07:02 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

somebody convince christians to believe that magic mushrooms
are indeed their beloved manna. that would be great if they had
mushrooms instead of the sacrament bread in their holy communions.
:laugh: i bet they'd get people to praise the lorddahh after that.

--------------------
"Who are you?"

Anonymous

Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: caterpillar]
    #1969680 - 10/01/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

id go to church for free shrooms

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: ]
    #1970360 - 10/01/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

someone correct me if i am wrong.. isn't the hebrew word "mana" translate to "mushroom"?

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Loc: Hungary
Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: Xochitl]
    #1979234 - 10/04/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The close connection between psilocybin mushrooms and christianity is quite obvious for me. If heavenly origins are attributed to a plant in ancient scripts, I cant help but assume it had hallucinogen properties. Kabbalah seems like a description of the ever-valid psilocybin-truth, and the mentality of christian mysticism is just clearly echoing the questions risen in me by the Godly Flesh. The teachings of Jesus Christ and the Bible in their real, deeper level are all clearer in the light of the humble usage of this mushroom. I do not know, if the early mystics used psilocybin mushroom or not, but the depth of their realizations are deep in the same way, as are deep the teachings of the mushroom.

The final correlation that convinced me of this connection was when I first read that the manna ought to be some kind of test, according to the Bible. For I remembered, that the ultimate point of the chemical influence of the drug, all behind those fancy mental, sensual and emotional realms of effect, always felt like a "test in God" for me. When everything dissapears in the infinite anythingness, when you let loose of everything, without getting stuck to anything to build a structure around it, then you are at the first nature of your existence. Everything is there, and everything is one. When you arrive here, there is the test: if you act like this infinite and all-basic oneness, as if this being-just-as-it-is were an absolute and ultimate reality, or you humbly let in the power of That Who Is Not Present, and become a bowl to be filled with the energy and will coming from The Creator.

The Trinity is just as if it were a description for a better understanding of this test, of this relationship between God and Man.

The basic question is if you practice humility towards the ever-fundamental God, that is never present, or you believe in the reality that is present, as if it were without any source. This self-absolutizing reality is represented by the original sin: getting cut off of the Source by thinking man itself were like God, basic, and absulute in validity like He is, and thus short-cutting the flow of life, and committing man to the path of death and decay.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1981075 - 10/05/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I want to know why practically everyone responding to Biblical narratives are so incredibly reductionistic and materialistic. First of all, with regard to Old Testament writings, Jewish scholarship approaches these writings with the knowledge of four levels of interpretation: the literal, the allegorical, the symbolic and the mystical. Each of these levels moves away from a literal, historical interpretation. Most of the respondees here are locked into a literal interpretation alone - trying to reconcile far-out ancient writings with their own psychedelic experiences, or worse - equating the two! All that is being done, is the process of 'projection' of people's own experiences upon the 'screen' of inexplicable ancient writings.

Even IF psilocybes were to spring up in the desert, please recognize that they would be considered a 'gift' from GOD, a means (like the Calamus/TMA laced Holy Annointing Oil used by Moses and Aaron in the Holy-of-Holies; or perhaps like the 'Shewbread' which Daniel Merkur suggests may have been ergot-infected) by which one could see more of GOD's 'Glory,' the radiant Presence, in other words. The psychedelic or Entheogenic experience does not, and did not, give rise to the illusion of GOD's Reality - it Highlights or Illuminated GOD's Holy Presence. The Heavens and the Earth are not Eternal. ALL is created and sustained in each moment by GOD - which was, and still is, the belief of those who believe in GOD.
It would be judicious to consider Entheogens as Huxley did, as 'gratuitous graces' - which means that such experiences, when 'given' by "Mind-at-Large," (or GOD), are extremely helpful, but not sufficient in themselves for 'salvation.' Such experiences also have no authority over any one else but the experiencer. Salvation, a word which indicates 'healing' (like a salv[e] which one applies to a wound), means a 'making-whole' of a person. Most people, living out their lives on the level of mere mammalian soul (the first three unillumined chakras of survival, sex, power) are far from whole. Most people are 'centaurs', 'satyrs,' or 'neriads,' and need to become Fully Human. This is what salvation means outside of the usual Biblical language.

We all agree that there something wonderful in the Entheogenic experience, but it remains for most to discover Who the -theo (GOD) is at the core of the word and the experience. This is your homework assignment - for life. Carry on. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #1981369 - 10/05/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"The thing is, all of it is only One thing. The Creation. The Creator is the Creation. Any sense of seperation or otherness is a fucking lie. We are all energy, everything is energy, and the energy is the same. Pure energy. This is what I believe God is."

Haha..fireworks god has hit the nail right on the head. By not following any specific organized religion with preconceived beliefs and ideas, one is able to see much more clearly. I have the exact same belief that the same unique "energy" resides in all forms of life, whether they be human plant or animal in physical form. The only difference between a dead human and a live human (or any other form of life for that matter) is the fact that this "energy" is no longer within their physical body.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: psilocybes as manna? [Re: SuperD]
    #1981408 - 10/05/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed. Things start to take on a more cosmic understanding when thinking through the all is energy, energy is all sort of state of mind.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag