Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Registered: 09/28/03
Posts: 6
Loc: ontario
Last seen: 11 years, 7 months
handling poisonous mushrooms
    #1960586 - 09/28/03 08:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hi guys. new to this place. just wondering what the dangers are (if any) of handling a poison mushroom. can the toxins get thru the skin? what if you get a little bit on your hands and you rub your eyes or wipe your mouth later on?

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me - Beck

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 06/13/01
Posts: 26,647
Last seen: 8 days, 10 hours
Trusted Identifier
Re: handling poisonous mushrooms [Re: rouge]
    #1960609 - 09/28/03 08:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Surely this information is avaliable elsewhere... but no, you can't be poisoned transdermaly. It's always a good idea to wash your hands after handling unfamiliar mushrooms because it is possible that they could irritate your eyes or mouth. You need to eat about a gram(someone tell me if I'm wrong) of a poisonous mushroom to have any ill effects.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Registered: 06/28/02
Posts: 6,490
Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Last seen: 17 hours, 37 minutes
Trusted Identifier
Re: handling poisonous mushrooms [Re: Gumby]
    #1960699 - 09/28/03 08:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There are no recorded cases of a person being poisoned by handling poisonous mushrooms. You have to eat them (or get them inside your body some other way). I know of a case where someone was poisoned from tasting acrid Russulas and spitting the piece out every time.

While being poisoned from rubbing your eyes or wiping your mouth is probably possible, I don't know af any specific cases where it has happened. For obvious reasons, washing your hands is a good idea.

Happy mushrooming!

Happy mushrooming!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Touching Poisonous Mushrooms - Help Please
( 1 2 all )
sundew 21,423 20 01/07/07 07:11 PM
by pscyanescens
* Alright homies, I need some help with a list of poisonous mushrooms GumbyM 3,768 12 04/05/12 06:37 PM
by 1ve5w4hu
* Poisonous Mushrooms??? Face_Tripper 1,260 1 06/05/01 08:09 PM
by oO_wombat_Oo
* Pictures of Poisonous Mushrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 12,545 43 03/11/03 09:26 AM
by Anonymous
* IDing poisonous mushrooms shymanta 1,386 4 09/03/06 10:43 AM
by ToxicMan
* Poisonous mushroom kills dozens in China (another story in Russia too) scatmanrav 1,122 3 07/19/05 01:31 PM
by scatmanrav
* [b]reliable signs of poisonous mushrooms?[/b] tunafish 1,190 2 11/02/04 07:42 PM
by ToxicMan
* Poisonous mushrooms to grow on manure dumlovesyou 4,066 5 05/13/01 05:37 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, TimmiT, Joust, Tmethyl
4,920 topic views. 6 members, 48 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.