Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Hurricane Juan
    #1960540 - 09/28/03 08:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

is a comming, projected path, right through my back freeking yard, it is erily calm, i dont know how long i will have power, it just hit landfall and is a category 2.  its calm now but will violently change within the hour. I may not be on for a while, hopefully we all get through it ok, its about as strong as isabel, and its strongest and most destructive part (slightly left of the eye) will directly hit my town by midnight atlantic time, i am at sea level in an area where the dykes are under repair, it is also high tide and its a new moon.
hope we dont get flooded, luckily the southeast side of the house is relitively protected by other houses and is very old, and made with very heavy and stong materials.
my parents just took in a german exchange student, he just got here last night, well, its gonna be a windy start to his trip.

heavy rainfall warnings for all of nova scotia, high wind warnings specifically targeted for my particular county. woo who!

my girlfriend feels spiritually responsible since her name is isabel and she was hoping south carolina would get hit by a hurricane and takes out her ex-husbands house,(and shes buddist, and it DID hit SC and cause major damage)  i told her that thats bad karma, and now she beleives me :smile:
wish us luck.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Hurricane Juan [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1960627 - 09/28/03 08:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Best of luck...be safe!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Hurricane Juan [Re: Ripple]
    #1962145 - 09/29/03 09:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well it passed, halifax is devistated, it made landfall as a strong category 3, evryone was expecting cat 1.
only 2 deaths due to falling trees, however, evry yaght and dock in halifax harbor is sunk.
an apartment complex was demolished,
theres trees and smashed vehicles evrywhere. 300,000 people without power. half of that without phones. no water. etc
the commercial waterfront district is submerged under 4 feet of raw salty sewage. fenwick tower (an archetectual disaster) almost fell over, the tower and surrounding area was exacuated, the top 10 floors have no windows, most high rise buildings lost windows.
trees uprooted evrywhere, ,mailboxes in the streets.

i however slept through it. i got bored waiting for it to come and woke up once or twice and looked out the window to see rocking trees.
we did not lose power, or anything, there was no flooding here, just a nice heavy rainfall to feed the liberty caps waiting for colder weather.

im sorta curious to see the devistation in halifax, it will take weeks to clean it up and an unfathomable ammount of money.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub