Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoflspammer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Hampshire
Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction?
    #19603150 - 02/22/14 08:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have a pound of morning glories in my possession. Spring is coming and that means tripping season. I would like to do this more advanced of extraction methods because I just can't deal with a CWE or straight eating them. Classical conditioning has caused me to gag as soon as the sight of them reaches my optic cones. I've been doing research, but can't seem to find anyone reporting on the actual experience. How's it similar? How is it different? General comments haha

Thanks!
:plur:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: Roflspammer]
    #19603193 - 02/22/14 08:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Weird, I was just gonna do a write up about my first CWE with HBWR. Never tried the petroleum ether one but if you use that, get the medical grade stuff, it may be pricey but in the end it is way less harmful than any other ones. 

My CWE was with 20 seeds and I let them soak in for about 2 days. Filtered the liquid about 4 times and put in my coffee mug in the fridge (about 75ml total) after adding some lemon juice in there.  Took only a sip of it (maybe 25ml) last night at 5:45CST and am still feeling the effects (45-75mins come up). And visuals were pretty strong and are still going strong if in a dim-lit room, the light and sun is hurting my eyes right now.

I'm looking to do an alcohol extraction and adding some peppermint oil to see if that will ease the nausea, because I've got a little bit right now.  I'm not sure if I should keep trying it out or have other people test it for me because I've done a lot of LSA in the past month whether it be liquid or just eating a seed or two..but I should stop probably

IMO you shouldn't need any 'hard' chemicals to get the LSA out of the seeds IF you have 100% ORGANIC seeds.  Find a reputable source and stick with that, if they're organic there will be a higher concentration of the LSAs in the, I think, don't quote me just hypothesizing.  Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Sidenote: First time I did the HBWR was 6 seeds and I took way too much vitamin C and OJ concentrate and had more powerful trip than any LSD I've ever taken. It last about 15 hours even after I woke the next day.  This liquid is still coming in strong even after getting pretty drunk last night but I think drinking postponed the nausea til I woke up with a very slight hangover..

Sorry if that was long but I wanted to report some actual research and try to make myself as clear as possible without sounding demanding or coming off aggressive.  In no way am I aggressive just trying to help out with what I know from experience and common sense..

Happy Trails and Good Luck!!

OfflineRoflspammer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: homegrown99.9]
    #19603780 - 02/22/14 11:34 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've done a cold water extraction in the past, and it just seems so hit or miss; and on top of that little particles still manage to find their way into my mouth and I puke. The petroleum/acetone extraction will make it much easier because then I could put an entire dose into a single gelatin cap.
Down the hatch

Interesting to know you had such strong results from a CWE though.
I never tried HBRW, maybe I should :shrug:

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19603843 - 02/22/14 11:52 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

IDK if acetone is a good idea, try the medical grade ether and high proof alcohol..acetone can be a little harmful if ingested from not being fully evaporated. And when I did mine I i didn't get any particles really after filtration. try a cheesecloth of sock and see if that works.  Like I said the seeds I have are really potent. I can eat 1 seed and feel slight effects in about an hour, you just have to know how potent your seeds are.  I made myself puke because the nausea was too much and after that I feel fine. Little stomach comfort and still going fairly strong after about 18hrs after ingestion..

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #19603921 - 02/22/14 12:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Never done it myself, but here are some others' reviews.

http://forums.lycaeum.org/index.php?topic=4167.0 (Scroll down to the RESULTS section in the first post, and see subsequent posts.)

LSA the Easy Way.. All trip, No Bodyload....

OfflineRoflspammer
Friend
Male User Gallery

#19603927 - 02/22/14 12:10 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Visuals were strong? Really? I thought HBWR were supposed to be a lot less visual. How bad was the nausea? I haven't touched LSA since a bad trip on 750-1000 seeds of morning glories. I puked up some blood and have avoided it ever since.

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19604039 - 02/22/14 12:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Oh I'm seeing shimmers of light here and there and some actual hallucinations if I move my head really fast or turn a corner..when I did 6 seeds with a lot of vitamin C I was getting the full spectrum rainbow in complete darkness and had better OEVs than LSD in the dark and same with OEVs. and it was bad enough that I made myself throw up to feel better..but like I said i was hungover and ate some crappy cereal to help that..

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: Roflspammer] * 1
    #19604041 - 02/22/14 12:37 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Roflspammer said:
I haven't touched LSA since a bad trip on 750-1000 seeds of morning glories. I puked up some blood and have avoided it ever since.

Strictly due to the sharp shells scratching your stomach lining. A rumor persists that these seeds are highly toxic as a result of the stomach pains that is caused by what I just described. Yes, these seeds contain multiple ergoline alkaloids, some of which are undesirable and cause excessive vasoconstriction, however, they're not highly toxic. The gangrene that ergot is known for is caused by ergovaline, according to Eckart Eich[1]; ergovaline is completely absent from ergoline-containing Convolvulaceae seeds.

[1] "the powerful constrictor effect of ergovaline causing such gangrenes is mediated by activation of vascular 5-HT1B/1D and 5-HT2A receptors (Schöning et al. 2001). A detailed review on physiological manifestations of endophyte toxicosis in ruminant and laboratory species has been published recently (Oliver 1997)."

Schöning C, Flieger M, Pertz HH (2001) Complex interaction of ergovaline with 5-HT2A, 5-HT1B/1D, and alpha1 receptors in isolated arteries of rat and guinea pig. J Animal Sci 79:2202-2209

Oliver JW (1997) Physiological manifestations of endophyte toxicosis in ruminant and laboratory species. In: Bacon CW, Hill NS (eds) Neotyphodium/grass interactions. Plenum Press, New York, pp 311-345

Source: Eckart Eich. Solanaceae and Convolvulaceae: Secondary Metabolites (2008), p. 250

Click here to download this reference.

Edited by s240779 (02/22/14 03:20 PM)

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: s240779]
    #19605285 - 02/22/14 05:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I did a pull using "wood alcohol"; Methanol.  No non-polar wash used. 

The extract evaporated (and it must be completely evaporated) to a powder when scraped together. 

21 old seeds worth of powder in a gel-cap yielded no nausea, but colorful CEV and some OEV.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (02/22/14 05:50 PM)

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: flickedbic]
    #19605301 - 02/22/14 05:52 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
I did a pull using "wood alcohol"; Methanol.  No non-polar wash used. 

The extract evaporated (and it must be completely evaporated) to a powder when scraped together. 

21 old seeds worth of powder in a gel-cap yielded no nausea, but colorful CEV and some OEV.

Do you know if a high concentration of liquid LSA would be potent enough for an 'eye drop' of liquid?

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

#19605337 - 02/22/14 06:03 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

No.

Maybe look into sublingual application.

--------------------
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (02/22/14 06:06 PM)

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19605352 - 02/22/14 06:07 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Damn..IDK about that really.  I got about 75ml of CWE extract and 25ml was about a 20hr trip..

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

#19605372 - 02/22/14 06:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Good times.  I love the length of LSA trips; I just wish the vasoconstrictive effects didn't stick around for a week or two...  I would surely microdose LSA more often.

--------------------

Blessing.

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19605377 - 02/22/14 06:13 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i had like no vasoconstriction at all...good blood flow throughout. Microdose as in do little doses at a time??

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

#19605426 - 02/22/14 06:26 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, I would eat a seed or two and then chew some kola nut while I went to work.  Sometimes I would take a seed too many and be singing... ha.

I made the work dose a combo with Celastrus Seed (Celastrus paniculatus); a brain-clearing stimulant.  Good mix.

--------------------

Blessing.

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19605508 - 02/22/14 06:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I gotcha, I've done the same thing..got some pretty potent seeds.

Do you think if you got enough Celastrus Seed and ground that up and used in an extraction with the HBWR that it would help make it a cleaner/longer trip? My intuition is telling me that it would but I'm not 100% about grinding it up and extracting it along with the HBWR.

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

#19605638 - 02/22/14 07:14 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I dunno about a longer experience but they are a nice pair.  Clean head and some added energy.  I imagine something like vodka would do well with both of them; but I often hear sherry, rum or white wine recommended for LSA extractions due to their high aldehyde content which may help stabilize LSA.

--------------------

Blessing.

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

#19605677 - 02/22/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'll have to get some of those for my next extraction.  Got a pretty heavily dosed extraction going right now with some Everclear and citric acid hopefully it turns out pretty good..

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
    #19606270 - 02/22/14 09:30 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

When petroleum ether and high proof alcohol are used to extract the LSA, is there any nausea? Nausea with ANY psychedelic is a huge turn off for me which is why I probably will never take mescaline or ayahuasca again.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Offlinehomegrown99.9
Male

Re: Has anyone done the petroleum ether LSA extraction? [Re: Webster10]
    #19606365 - 02/22/14 09:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not really sure Webster, never done the ether extraction.  Will update on how the alcohol extraction is going.  Also I'm going to add a little peppermint oil to maybe help with nausea and disguise the horrid taste of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds