Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKentuckyPWRLFTR
Lifter of heavyobjects
Male

Loc: Mt. Olympus
Heat light for faster colonization
    #1960136 - 09/28/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have read various things as per light while you await colonization. Some say storee in a dark place others call for indirect light, still others have said other things...If someone were averaging ~72 degrees in their closet storage area and just allowing indirect light by leaving the doors open were to add a heat light to increase temp and shine it slightly obliquely rather than dirctly on them would that hurt anything? help? meaningless?

Thanks

--------------------
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree...

"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."

OCD had rendered me completely insane and not believable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
Re: Heat light for faster colonization [Re: KentuckyPWRLFTR]
    #1960158 - 09/28/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You don't want any light on your colonising jars. Cubes are phototropic and light will trigger pinning. If you want to use the light as a heat source you should wrap your jars in a dark trash bag or something else to block light.

Edited by one800chiapet (09/28/03 04:08 PM)

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1960159 - 09/28/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah that would hurt. Your cakes may start pinning prematurely.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #1960164 - 09/28/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hey,
this is probably in the faqs but ill answer you.86 degress is the place where you ant it will colnize at 72 but slower. darkness well you probably want to keep it dark so when you birth the light and the drop in temp from 85 to 75 will give it a shock to fruit.

OfflineKentuckyPWRLFTR
Lifter of heavyobjects
Male

Loc: Mt. Olympus
Well in actuality [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1960205 - 09/28/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The whole point is that I find conflicting notions, but feel free not to answer any question I pose that you think is in the FAQs. So, here is a quote in almost direct contrast- direct contrast being "direct sunlight"- to the complete darkness answer, just so you can see how a dumb ole guy like moi might get confused...

"After inoculation of the jars, tighten the lid bands and retape the needle holes. Place the jars in a safe place out of direct sunlight. Indirect light is all that is required. If the temperature is kept around 70 degrees, germination will begin within 3 to 5 days. "- PF TEK

Much obliged for the tips guys, guess the heat light should be eschewed and closet doors closed.

--------------------
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree...

"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."

OCD had rendered me completely insane and not believable.

Edited by KentuckyPWRLFTR (09/28/03 04:25 PM)

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Well in actuality [Re: KentuckyPWRLFTR]
    #1960620 - 09/28/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you could always get a heating pad, like for reptiles.

Anonymous

Re: Well in actuality [Re: daussaulit]
    #1962397 - 09/29/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hey, just thought id add my 2 cents, my jars of GT and MAL were inoculated on 9/23 and are showing good signs of mycelium growth now, about the size of a dime on a couple jars, the others are just coming along. I have had them in darkness most of the time, sometimes a lil indirect sunlight gets them, but it is only when i take them out of my closet at night time and dont get up to move them back in the closet before the sun comes out.

i dont have tape on the holes, and the temperature has been between 61 - 68. I am surprised at the growth since people told me it would be wayyyyy slow, it will probably suck it up worse than if they were at 80 but still, the jars arent doing too bad at all, the GT's are doing a bit better than the Malabar at the moment.

Anonymous

Re: Well in actuality [Re: ]
    #1962402 - 09/29/03 10:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah, i was going to ask.....if your jars pin before full colonization, wtf should you do? try and wait it out if its possible, or what if they are only half colonized? do you just birth them anyways and not get half as many shrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag