Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: Lizard King]
    #1956843 - 09/27/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lizard i would say that early november would be a great time to visit the pnw. It can be said with a reasonable deal of certanty that everything should be up and fruiting vigourously. As for a place to stay i would suggest something a bit more rural that seattle or tacoma. The whole beauty of the pacific northwest is our clean air and beautiful landscape....if you stay in seattle or tacoma you will be missing a big part of that. I live 1.5 hours north of seattle in bellingham if you make it up this way there is always an empty couch and good herb/beer.

--------------------
stay off my land

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #1956854 - 09/27/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here are my 2 cents...

1. Late October/Early November should be just about perfect. I would not wait until mid-late November becuase a freak freeze has been known to hit the area. And that would put growth to a stop.

2. I would NOT stay in Tacoma. The I-5 stretch from Seattle to Tacoma has been rated as one of the worst in the nation for traffic jams. If a Seattlite wanted to go hunting with you, it would require not only 33 miles each way, but probably 1 hour in traffic each way. Check your PM's, I'll send you a good suggestion there.

3. Bring warm clothes and some waterproof clothes. Hunting up here will likely get ye soaked. And while it's impossible to stay completely dry, if you dress right, it'll be a lot more enjoyable.

4. If you are looking for concerts or something off the beaten path to do... Check out this website... The Stranger. It's our local "what's happening around town" free magazine.

5. I don't know if you are renting a car or not, but if not, you might want to look into the BUS system here. The website is here. While Metro has a notorious reputation for late buses, it's a good way to get to someplace cheap.

Edited by Stymee (09/27/03 10:02 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: Stymee]
    #1956868 - 09/27/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

WEll said stymee, the only cheap hotels are some youth hostels on capital hill and downtown is the green tortoise, not the nies places inthe world. motels start at around thirty dollars to sixty dollars a night, even in the U district.
AS i mentioned I am willing to spend a day or so hunting with you.

Pm when you are ready to come here.

MAybe Roadkill can join us if i his heart is not in bad shape.

mj

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1957204 - 09/27/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All very good suggestions, exactly what I was looking for. I think I'll shoot for early november, probably fly out the first thurday, I hate flying on fridays, our airport here in ATL sucks.

I'm definitely down for for some cold beers when I get to town :smile:

I had planned to pack warm, and lots of changes of clothes, maybe a rain poncho or two. Gonna buy a couple 128mb memory sticks for the ole camera. Probably gonna get some traveler checks so I'm not walking around loaded :smile: I had also planned to rent a car, unlimited mileage, something with good gas mileage. So I will have my own transportation.

And thank you so much for the hotel suggestion via PM stymee, I think thats where I'll book. I may end up heading to astoria for a day and get a hotel down there for a night, but other than that I'll be at that hotel for my stay. Also thanks for the link about the local events, I'm checking it out now.

This is gonna be soooo much fun!! Just being out west for the first time will be exciting. Its my first solo travel, and that scared me a little at first, but as I plan and things get figured out I feel more confident.

I plan to check out Mt. St. helens while I am there, and also Mt. Ranier if time permits. Maybe do a little bit of salmon fishing if they are still running when I get there, I'm not really sure of the season. It also depends on what an out of state fishing license will cost me, might not be worth it. Probably check out the space needle, and just putz around town, I'm sure I'll have a full agenda by the time I get to town :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (09/27/03 01:03 PM)

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #1957336 - 09/27/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im telling you guys we need to set up a gathering at the coast and campout/hunt it would be killer

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: Dobie]
    #1957400 - 09/27/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm down for it, make a post in the gathering forum and start organizing one. If you need any help making it happen, I'll do what I can.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    #1957405 - 09/27/03 02:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dobie420_247 said:
im telling you guys we need to set up a gathering at the coast and campout/hunt it would be killer

I'd come down for that from Vancouver, I need some good hunters to show me how it's done.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1957994 - 09/27/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree the more accepted term is fruiting. I only said blooming to make a comparison.

Now that I think of it, I think blooming would be more accurate than fruiting. A fruit is an ovary of a plant with fertilised seeds inside. A bloom is a flower with unfertilised sexual cells present, just as a mushroom is a form of fungi in which unfertilised cells are present.

In the end I understand that these are all subjective terms and none of them really matter except when trying to apply the terms as to form the best method of communication.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1957998 - 09/27/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Start a post in the gathering forum...I'll meet you there.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinescoobydoo
self employed orunemployed
Loc: pac nw
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: cardboard]
    #1958190 - 09/27/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Check out the 10 day forcast.

Sep 28 Mostly Sunny 83?/55? 0 %
Mon
Sep 29 Partly Cloudy 72?/53? 0 %
Tue
Sep 30 Partly Cloudy 70?/53? 10 %
Wed
Oct 01 Partly Cloudy 70?/51? 20 %
Thu
Oct 02 Showers 70?/51? 30 %
Fri
Oct 03 Few Showers 63?/48? 30 %
Sat
Oct 04 Few Showers 63?/46? 30 %
Sun
Oct 05 Partly Cloudy 63?/47? 20 %
Mon
Oct 06 Partly Cloudy 61?/46? 20 %
Last Updated Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 3:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time (Saturday, 6:20 PM EDT)

--------------------
Next time you go on a trip, I recommend listening to Her Satanic Majestys Request by the Rolling Stones. You'll be glad you did.

OfflineDatrutankdogg69
Cyan Man
 User Gallery
Loc: Pacific NW, Or.
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: scoobydoo]
    #1959817 - 09/28/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Boomers, Boomers, Boomers, EveryWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it everyone. Much love 2 Anno. Thanx. Too bad I never got my sharp viewcam to work...lol. They are everywhere & 2 whole months early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

deleted [Re: Datrutankdogg69]
    #1960942 - 09/28/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

deleted

OfflineDatrutankdogg69
Cyan Man
 User Gallery
Loc: Pacific NW, Or.
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: ]
    #1961492 - 09/28/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

But there's no better place to hunt then UR backyard. I was merely letting every1 know that they're out in some places the temps are just right...If only it'd rain more an the wind would stop dryin' the patches.... Blah. Blah. Blah. And to toss a name out there.

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: Datrutankdogg69]
    #1961718 - 09/29/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bring lots of film with you LizardKing

I also live 1.5 miles north of seattle in Bellingham and its a really cool, laid back place a lot of stoner college kids around and tons of great picking spots, its also very scenic as cardboard mentioned

I would suggest comming near the end of october

Have lots of fun, maybe i will check the gathering forum

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: OJ]
    #1961882 - 09/29/03 03:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am in Portland and new to the area, I know someone who wants to go hunting sometime, but both of us wouldn't be very good at spotting the difference between deadly and active (in a good way). Hopefully my hanging around here now might prepair me before the season hits. I have a few weeks I guess to brush up on everything. Anyways, nice to meet you all, anyone can drop me a PM or something if they want lol.

I wouldn't mind just hanging out sometime with people doing whatever. It doesn't HAVE TO involve substances, although they can always make the day more fun.

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: caolite]
    #1964257 - 09/29/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes bellingham is a magical place. more baeos popping as we sleep. maybe pics tomorow.

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: azurescen]
    #1964371 - 09/29/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Where are the good areas in the Lower Main land?

OfflineSmurfydoo
result of Scoobyand Smurf loveaffair
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle WA
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1965175 - 09/30/03 04:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I agree....early November. Traditionally I have been able to find something for Halloween.

While we're on the topic of mushroom season in the PNW, has anybody been over to the rain forest on the Peninsula? I've always wanted to wander around over there this time of year to see what a 'rainforest' mushroom season might include.

--------------------
Smurfydoo
---------------------

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: Pac northwesters its time to put on your hunting hats [Re: cardboard]
    #1967864 - 09/30/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

weather.com suggest we are getting some rain come sunday (bellingham) looks like maybe a few days atleast....

Hopefully we get a downpoor!!

I am kinda discouraged to go looking with no rain to speak of, but I should.....

- OJAY

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom