Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
auditory hallucinations
    #1959293 - 09/28/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

At a party last night where there was a copius consumption of mushrooms (infact id wager that 12 of the 20 people there had consummed upwards of 2grams of dried subaeruginosa) to some nice drum'n'bass nastiness.
As the night pettered out (one topless chick running around the house, and a few guys who were unable to put a sentence together), i headed home, chatting at 200 miles an hour as i walked with my friend.
At home i went to bed at 4am, despite the feeling that i didnt require sleep in anyway.
Upon resting my head on the pillow i began to hear guitar sounds.
It reminded me of LSD when you lying there with your eyes closed being swamped by mirades of fast images - geometric patterns, strange standards, writings and shapes - only it was all auditory and not visual. It was as if the mushrooms were playing me a song - an orchestra of tryptamine-fuelled beauty.
Eventually i was listening to this random beautiful track of endless guitar layers, drums and strings - it was so thick and cool.
An awesome experience!
I
It reminds me quite a nasty level fiver i had once - on the same mushrooms just before i lost it completely, i remember walking around a friends house and i could hear bloody-curdling screams from behind me - always sounding like they were in the next room - id go to investiaget and there was never anything there.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1959395 - 09/28/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been coming downish and the most beautiful song ive ever heard appears in my head and was somehow created by me. I dont know if what you mean is the same thing or not, but this has happened to me a couple of times and happened to one of my friends too.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Oook]
    #1959400 - 09/28/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes exactly! Its as if your aware that you are somehow creating the sound, but that at the same time your only observing what your brain can do when it has been facilitated.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#1959569 - 09/28/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't had a coherent song come together in my head on shrooms, but I have on sleep and caffeine.  I wanted to see what would happen if I took 300mgs of caffeine pills while REALLY tired and then went to sleep.  I fell right asleep because of how tired I was, and then when the pills started to kick in i half woke up and had 3 lucid dreams.  each had a soundtrack in the background that was clear as a bell.  I thought it was a radio in the real world so I tried to ignore it (when you're having a lucid dream you always try to focus on the dream world and drown out the outside stimulus."  In my dream I was walking around in a library and this beautiful song was playing.  The caffeine fully kicked in and I woke up (with 10 terrifying transitionitory seconds marked by alertness and paralysis!  :eek: )  I realized there was no way ambient sounds could have influenced my dream, i was in my room by myself with the door and window shut, with no radio playing.  So I quickly opened noteworthy composer and wrote my song down.  NOw I have it, and its a pretty different style from the stuff I usually write, the melodic patterning is different, it has a weird chord progression that I wouldn't have thought up normally... its my song, but its not :grin:

PS Don't go to sleep and take caffeine pills, it can't be good for you, I was stuck with my eyes open and my brain fully alert and awake, looking off the side of my bed, PARALYZED.  I only broke out of this by gradually moving my toes, legs, finally, ahhh I can move again.  its not worth it, very scary.

--------------------

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Noviseer]
    #1959600 - 09/28/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thats really interesting, you are meant to be able to have lucid dreams with other friends in your dreams and they have the same dream as you, being fully able to control what happens in the dream.

I remember being basically paralysed from eating an 1/16th of really good dark hash. That was like 3 years back in the day. Watching the film Leon, i remembered about 5 minutes of the entire film but it was damn intense.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1960027 - 09/28/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

When on shrooms I went into price chopper and the music they play in there (elevator like music) and it was just like "you wanna get so high...... you wanna trip you balls off.... everyone is getting so high... everyone is tripping their balls off..."

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #1961568 - 09/28/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:

It reminds me quite a nasty level fiver i had once - on the same mushrooms just before i lost it completely, i remember walking around a friends house and i could hear bloody-curdling screams from behind me - always sounding like they were in the next room - id go to investiaget and there was never anything there.

Man, that would scare the fucking shit out of me. For some reason when I trip I sometimes get the feeling someone is behind me. It doesn't bother me, but if I heard screams I think I would lose it.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Harbinger]
    #1961784 - 09/29/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bein' a song smith this is somethin' that happens to me a lot while trippin'. Normally when i'm just about to go to sleep and i convince myself that the song will still be there in the mornin', never is though. Words, melody and chord structure, the whole package....then they just slip away.

The worst/scariest/most intense auditory voice i've heard ccame when i was sleepin' rough in the Isle of Man. I'd met some people who had invited me to a bedsit to consume some Liberty Caps. After awhile i simply had to go. The room was to small for the five people there. The conversation was stinted and i simply didnt know these guys well enough to trip with. So i split.
I was stayin' in a park with my tent between to trees, it dosent sound it but it really was quite comfortable.
So i'm there tryin' to chill still high as a badger on crack when i thought to myself, "Shit i could go mad here and i'd never know!", 'cause i was trippin' kinda' hard, like, then this silver edged metalic voice from the center of my mind screamed, "WHAT? LIKE THIS?!?"
It wasnt my voice it was for sure an external voice that started from the center of my head. Scared the fcuk outa' me and i didnt sleep for the rest of the night.
Hearin' music is for sure a better experience.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #1962253 - 09/29/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

wow! That is a cool story.

--------------------

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #1962266 - 09/29/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Noviseer, you had sleep paralysis. I used to have that when I did E, and then when I started taking paxil and then prozac, I'd have it too. The dreams are so real, but you can't move, and you're drenched in sweat. You feel like you're paralyzed. Verrrry scary!!! There were a couple dreams that I still remember to this day, vividly. Too much to explain, but it's terrifying if you don't know what's happening to you.

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: StrongBad]
    #1962834 - 09/29/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've had sleep paralysis without the aid of any drugs, and its just as unpleasant as paralysis ought to be :tongue: Still, once it happened once i at least knew it would go away eventually, so i can relax when it still occasionally happens.

I've also heard voices without the aid of drugs, which cant be good but i'm beginning to think i must be some kind of medium, they dont really freak me out, and it doesnt happen that often. Composing music in my head is something i frequently do when i try to get to sleep, i can create the most interesting string pieces and guitar tracks etc, but i can never write them down because i dont know how to speak music.

Summerbreeze, that story made me laugh hysterically, and i dont mean that insultingly but it was very funny :laugh:

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Anonymous

#1963015 - 09/29/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

those are the times when you have to have a pen and paper next to your bed to jot the tunes down or a recorder to hum into if you can remember em,you could have a hit on your mind!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: StrongBad]
    #1963760 - 09/29/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sleep paralysis, eh? I've gotten it without drugs as well. When it happens, it starts during a dream, which instantly becomes lucid, and I try to wake myself up. I search for my body, and find it. I'm usually able to open my eyes, but then the rest of my body is still paralyzed. Thats the worst part... starting into my pillow or off the side of my bed, fully conscious, unable to move. It wears off within seconds though (though 10 seconds of conscious paralysis seem like forever). Does that fit the profile?

--------------------

Offlinebeam
    #1965261 - 09/30/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sleep paralysis is when your mind wakes up, but body is still asleep.

I have had auditory hallucinations of weed beleive it or not, i get a song in my head then after a few repeats i can just sit and listen to it, quite faintly though. I have also experienced high pitched quackings (like ducks) of both choof and shrooms when really relaxed.

Sounds like a good time you had bluemeanie not only good dnb (anyone mixing?), but also a topless chick running around, too bad we havn't reached the warm nights yet ey.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1971748 - 10/02/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

try some n,n,dmt if you're interested in experiencing auditory hallucinations

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1971751 - 10/02/03 01:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

oh by the way, check out Shpongle next time you trip it will interact, interfere, and influence auditory (not to mention visual..) hallucinations

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Strumpling]
    #1971803 - 10/02/03 02:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm really in awe at some of the auditory hallucinations (as well as visual counterparts) that come out of Shpongle even on low doses of mushroom :smile: 

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: auditory hallucinations [Re: Digs]
    #1971974 - 10/02/03 05:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Im a big fan of Raja Ram already :smile: Lsd to DMT...

--------------------

Offlineneophyteshroomer
enthusiast
    #1971981 - 10/02/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

DRUM N BASS!!!!
BIDIBIDIBASS N DA DRUM!!!!
I GO FUCKIN CRAZY LISTENIN TO JUNGLE!!!!!!
JUNGLISTS R U READY!? BOHHH!!!!
big ups shroomery massive

--------------------
Make Sure You Bring A Towel!!!
..... You wanna get high?

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #1972782 - 10/02/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

try some dipt if you want some wicked auditory hallucinations.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds