Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleReggieJenkins
Optical Illusion
 User Gallery

Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? * 1
    #19591756 - 02/19/14 07:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

As the title inquires, I'm wondering how many of you ingest Lions Mane either via an extract or eating the whole fruiting body, on a daily basis?

After more than 90+ days of ingesting a high quality extract of Lions Mane, I can certainly compare it to being like caffeine for your brain. My mind is much more clear after ingesting my two capsules each day, it's like night and day. I've had a few friends try it, and they liken it to natural Adderall, which I suppose is why it works so well for me.

From my reflexes, to my ability to navigate throughout my mind mid thought, to my dreaming, all my cognitive ability seems thoroughly enhanced.

There has only been a period of 3 consecutive days that I was without the Lions Mane, and those days I felt like my mind was in a vice.

Anyone else have an experience to share?

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
I probably lost a few IQ points while using this site for a short time, it's like huffing paint but for your ego.

This site is cancer, and I will no longer encourage the spread.

You've been nothing but negative to me, and all I've tried to do is be nice.

This site is cancer.

You will never see me again.

Edited by ReggieJenkins (02/19/14 07:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelot_justice
C.L.I.T. commander
Male

Loc: nowhere man
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: ReggieJenkins]
    #19591939 - 02/19/14 08:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Where do you get your lion's mane from? This is the first time I'm hearing about it. I'm def going to do some research now.

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: lot_justice]
    #19592589 - 02/19/14 11:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm also curious if there are folks here that consume home grown lions mane on a daily basis, and how they prepared it for consumption.

--------------------
My Trade List

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: forrest]
    #19592734 - 02/19/14 11:49 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I made some capsules of dried/powdered fruitbody for my wife, but she didn't really take them regularly enough to notice a difference.  She complains of the brain fog which is why it was tested on her, not me.

If I can manage to grow enough of it, I would like to give it a shot myself after hearing what you say!  Quite interesting.  Have you tried any nootropics?  Anything like that?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleReggieJenkins
Optical Illusion
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Forrester]
    #19593661 - 02/20/14 08:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Have you tried any nootropics?  Anything like that?

Aye, as a matter of fact I have. I ordered some Citicoline from Amazon, Jarrow was the manufacturer, with good results. I started with the Neuro Optimizer formula, went to straight Citicoline, and then graduated to Lions Mane. I should, at this point note, that I do compliment the Lions Mane with Reishi, daily, as well.

Quote:

lot_justice said:
Where do you get your lion's mane from? This is the first time I'm hearing about it. I'm def going to do some research now.

If I'm allowed to use the name, I use Mushroom Science brand capsules. I chose these guys because they do multiple extracts of the fruit bodies, instead of just myceliated brown rice cakes, such as the 'Host Defense' line of products tend to use.

**Edit: I was given misguided information from the health food store!**

I just can't imagine that mycelium has the same medicinal value that a whole fruiting body has. They also do a hot water extract, and an alcohol based extract to get the highest concentration of active constituents. I'm a big fan of you get what you pay for too....it's definitely not cheap, but not expensive either.

Just to prove that I do, in fact, ingest lots of this, here are the remnants of months passed, don't mind the LC jar!

Quote:

Forrester said:
She complains of the brain fog which is why it was tested on her, not me.

Have her try the Mushroom Science brand, 2-3 caps. Give it 30 minutes and I'll be willing to bet that she will be feeling better. My fiance and I both agree that without the Lions Mane, that fog gets the best of us. I would even be willing to send a couple capsules your way, Forrester, to kind of 'try it before you buy it', if you'd like!

Anyone else care to chime in?

Peace and good vibes!

Reggie

--------------------
I probably lost a few IQ points while using this site for a short time, it's like huffing paint but for your ego.

This site is cancer.

Edited by ReggieJenkins (02/20/14 10:24 AM)

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #19593823 - 02/20/14 09:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

In the ingredients on their website there's no mention of fruit bodies, just myceliated rice and lions mane mycelium.  Also the ingredients don't list an extract of any kind. Does it say that stuff somewhere else?

--------------------

InvisibleReggieJenkins
Optical Illusion
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #19594013 - 02/20/14 10:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

liamtheloser said:
In the ingredients on their website there's no mention of fruit bodies, just myceliated rice and lions mane mycelium.  Also the ingredients don't list an extract of any kind. Does it say that stuff somewhere else?

Quote:

liamtheloser said:

Quote:

liamtheloser said:

I had been given this information from the health food store in regard to this brand, in regard to the Reishi. I had assumed this was the same with the Lions Mane, but it would appear that I made an ass out of myself by assuming. Lesson learned!

The bottle for the Lions Mane reads:

Quote:

Organic Lions Mane Mushroom: 300MG

(Hericium erinaceus), hot water/alcohol extract 20% polysaccharide

Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsules (cellulose), Hericium erinoceus mycelium, myceliated rice.

The bottle for the Reishi reads:

Quote:

Organic Reishi Mushroom: 400mg

(Ganoderma lucidum, Reishi Gano 161), hot water/alcohol extract 12% polysaccharide, 4% triterpene

Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsules (cellulose), Ganoderma lucidum mycelium, myceliated rice.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit, and my assumptions have been corrected. I've edited my original post to indicate that I was wrong. Though, now I have a new question! Do the fruit bodies actually contain more medicinal value than the myceliated brown rice or is it essentially the same?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked at my Host Defense: Reishi Extract, which uses both Reishi Mycelium and Dried Fruit Bodies to produce a 1:1 extract.

--------------------

This site is cancer.

Edited by ReggieJenkins (02/20/14 10:51 AM)

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #19594284 - 02/20/14 11:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

With reishi you need the fruit bodies because some of the medicinals are in the spores. I don't know about lions mane, but there are probably some in the mycelium, but could be more concentrated in the fruit body.  I think the only species that is the same or better than fruiting body is cordyceps.  I don't know how much study has been done on myc vs fruit with other species.

--------------------

InvisibleReggieJenkins
Optical Illusion
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #19594975 - 02/20/14 02:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

With reishi you need the fruit bodies because some of the medicinals are in the spores.

Quote:

I think the only species that is the same or better than fruiting body is cordyceps.

Today I learned!

I'll continue looking for more information on mycelium vs fruiting bodies and the efficacy of the respective extracts. In the meantime, hopefully someone else can chime in!

Thanks,

Reggie

--------------------

This site is cancer.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19597697 - 02/21/14 12:46 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReggieJenkins said:
Have her try the Mushroom Science brand, 2-3 caps. Give it 30 minutes and I'll be willing to bet that she will be feeling better. My fiance and I both agree that without the Lions Mane, that fog gets the best of us. I would even be willing to send a couple capsules your way, Forrester, to kind of 'try it before you buy it', if you'd like!

Awesome man, I might like to try that!

On the whole mycelium vs. fruitbody thing - as far as lion's mane goes, I'd have a hard time believing any mycelium product wouldn't contain a large amount of fruitbodies as well.  You can't stop the stuff from pinning, and the mycelium is so thin and weak you'd have to grow it a long time (or you'd just be getting ground rice), at which point it would be mostly fruitbody material anyway.  :shrug: 

From my understanding, that's how Aloha does most of theirs, they grow it long enough that it's a mix of mycelium and invitro fruits - just what you want to get the benefits of both.

I would almost guarantee your "myceliated rice" of lion's mane contains plenty of fruit body material as well.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleAleon
The Power of Our Origins
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
    #19598318 - 02/21/14 06:42 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder how they get the alcohol and hot-h2o extract into they pill?  Dehydrate the tincture until turns into powder/oil? I want to grind my dried lions mane and put it into capsules. Im just not sure if raw FB is as effective as an extract.  I think AV believes that if its finely powdered you dont need to heat it.  I will probably just try it and see what happens.

--------------------
Mushroom medicines available at:
www.swordandshieldwellness.com

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Aleon]
    #19598331 - 02/21/14 06:46 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

you could let some ground, dried fruitbody/mycelium suck/soak up the tincture and then let it dry out, then put that in a capsule.

--------------------
My Trade List

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: forrest]
    #19598368 - 02/21/14 07:06 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Lions mane? What about Lions teeth? Now that will get you running..

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

InvisibleReggieJenkins
Optical Illusion
 User Gallery

#19598585 - 02/21/14 08:36 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:

You can't stop the stuff from pinning, and the mycelium is so thin and weak you'd have to grow it a long time (or you'd just be getting ground rice), at which point it would be mostly fruitbody material anyway.  :shrug: 

I would almost guarantee your "myceliated rice" of lion's mane contains plenty of fruit body material as well.

This then confirms what I've read in regards to Lions Mane, as far as it pinning. I remember reading a few posts by RR in regard to people being concerned with his strain of Lions Mane pinning before it was pushed into fruiting or spawned to a bulk substrate. I believe he said that's just the way things work with Lions Mane, and it's perfectly fine to run Lions Mane spawn that has pins already.

I've still gotta wait like 60 days before I can post in the marketplace, I wanna trade some Reishi LC for Lions Mane and grow my own!!!!!!! This fungus is very interesting.

Thanks for all the clarification everyone, I know understand extracts and most importantly, whats inside of them, more than I did before!

--------------------

This site is cancer.

Offlinenanncee
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Aleon]
    #19598714 - 02/21/14 09:21 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aleon said:
I wonder how they get the alcohol and hot-h2o extract into they pill?  Dehydrate the tincture until turns into powder/oil? I want to grind my dried lions mane and put it into capsules. Im just not sure if raw FB is as effective as an extract.  I think AV believes that if its finely powdered you dont need to heat it.  I will probably just try it and see what happens.

I know if I tried to dehydrate my reishi extract you would end up with a black substance no where near powder. Not quite sure how you would do that either.

--------------------
I am a small scale farmer, come check out what we do. www.facebook.com/biocentricbros

Check out our Youtube videos. www.youtube.com/biocentricbros

InvisibleVersicolor
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: nanncee]
    #19599031 - 02/21/14 10:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Companies like FP extract their mushrooms in water, then freeze dry the liquid.

OfflineDubtribe1
Stranger
    #25507892 - 10/02/18 11:21 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Highly doubt this thread is still active BUT worth a shot. Does anyone know where I can get Lions Mane capsules? I tried these guys Nootropic Source but their website is offline at the moment, and I'm hesitant to try ebay sellers. Any advice?

thank you in advance!

Offlinemariapilz
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Dubtribe1]
    #25507944 - 10/03/18 12:05 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineMidnightTopher
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: AMERICA! Flag
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Dubtribe1]
    #25508669 - 10/03/18 09:53 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dubtribe1 said:
Highly doubt this thread is still active BUT worth a shot. Does anyone know where I can get Lions Mane capsules? I tried these guys Nootropic Source but their website is offline at the moment, and I'm hesitant to try ebay sellers. Any advice?

thank you in advance!

Stamets sells 'em on his Host Defense website..

--------------------

I'm me.

OfflineTime Tourist
curioser and curioser
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: MidnightTopher]
    #25509152 - 10/03/18 12:36 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Dubtribe1 said:

thank you in advance!

Been taken these for the last few days now! They are pretty expensive though, but it's definitely worth it I must say. Hope some day I'll be able to grow them myself.

OfflineMidnightTopher
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: AMERICA! Flag
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Time Tourist]
    #25509778 - 10/03/18 04:42 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Time Tourist said:
Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Dubtribe1 said:

thank you in advance!

Been taken these for the last few days now! They are pretty expensive though, but it's definitely worth it I must say. Hope some day I'll be able to grow them myself.

Yeah.. Stamets podcast with Joe Rogan this summer piqued my interest in Lion's Mane. He talked about stacking it with Vitamin D3 and psilocybin for ultimate mind powers...

The nerve regeneration aspect of LM also interests me. I'm a manual laborer who also lifts weights recreationally and often find myself with numbness is my appendages.. wondering if it could help me heal.

--------------------

I'm me.

OfflineTime Tourist
curioser and curioser
Male User Gallery

#25510833 - 10/04/18 01:42 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Time Tourist said:
Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Dubtribe1 said:

thank you in advance!

Yeah.. Stamets podcast with Joe Rogan this summer piqued my interest in Lion's Mane. He talked about stacking it with Vitamin D3 and psilocybin for ultimate mind powers...

The nerve regeneration aspect of LM also interests me. I'm a manual laborer who also lifts weights recreationally and often find myself with numbness is my appendages.. wondering if it could help me heal.

Yes that podcast was really interesting. Also what Stamets said (or actually didn't say) about portobello mushrooms... Since then I refuse to eat those.

OfflineDesert-D
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Time Tourist]
    #25515723 - 10/05/18 07:27 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Growing lions main myceliated rice is extremely easy and effective. As a bonus you'll still get small fruit bodies in the jar!

OfflineMangowaffle
Stranger

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Desert-D]
    #25525606 - 10/09/18 09:07 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I grow, dehydrate and encapsulate my own lions mane and take it daily.

Be careful with any mushroom supplements made from imported Chinese ingredients, a few have been found to have high levels of heavy metals, lead, etc from air pollution.

You'll also want to look at what the capsules contain. Most (including Host Defence) are made from myceliated brown rice, which is essentially ground up mushroom spawn and does not contain any actual fruiting bodies, cheaper to produce but you're paying top dollar for capsules of brown rice flour with a small amount of Lions Mane mycelium.

OfflineElViajero
Traveler

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Mangowaffle]
    #25526146 - 10/10/18 05:55 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

man id love to encapsulate my own lions mane, how do you do it? manually each one by one? or using some kind of machine?

I also live in a somewhat polluted area, who should i aproach or how should i test what are the heavy metal levels on the shrooms i grow?

--------------------

OfflineMangowaffle
Stranger

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: ElViajero]
    #25527420 - 10/10/18 04:05 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

You can buy cheap capsule machines that fill bulk capsules at once. As for testing your product, you'd need to send samples to a lab that offers product testing / quality assurance services. You can find labs like this online that do testing for cash.

OfflineElViajero
Traveler

Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Mangowaffle] * 1
    #25527556 - 10/10/18 04:49 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

:takingnotes:thanks man

--------------------

OfflineDamienRoads
Stranger
    #25806034 - 02/11/19 03:17 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Time Tourist said:
Quote:

MidnightTopher said:
Quote:

Dubtribe1 said:

thank you in advance!

He actually talked about stacking it with Niacin and Psilocybin. We have been doing it for a couple months now. It is interesting. Just starting to grow my own lions mane to cut the expense.

OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: DamienRoads]
    #25813741 - 02/15/19 02:48 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I take about a gram and a half of organic lions mane a day. I buy it in 8 Oz bags until my culture takes off. I encapsulate it myself. Saves a ton of money.

OfflineNoux
Stranger
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Anoobus]
    #26634237 - 04/28/20 12:00 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Dunno if this will work since no one's touched this thread in so long, but wondering if anyone got down to the bottom of which is the best extract? About to go for this Mushroom Science mentioned early on in this thread. Do any other one's list the fruiting body as the ingredient? I see it may not matter, according to Forrester. 

As for myceliated grain, I've gotten Hericeum erinaceus easily going in some millet, but the 4/5 times I've transferred them to pasteurized wood pellets they molded out. One time, I managed to get small fruit bodies. Could I just keep propagating grain and consume that as a nootropic?

--------------------
[gradient:#780D5F,#]If I were a mushroom, I'd probably be a Truffle. Why? Well, for one, I'm a very classy treat, and for the other, the only men who go for me are complete pigs.[/gradient]

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone else consume Lions Mane on a daily? [Re: Noux]
    #26636443 - 04/29/20 10:03 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Noux said:
As for myceliated grain, I've gotten Hericeum erinaceus easily going in some millet, but the 4/5 times I've transferred them to pasteurized wood pellets they molded out. One time, I managed to get small fruit bodies. Could I just keep propagating grain and consume that as a nootropic?

That's what I would do, but first make sure your millet spawn isn't the source of the mold contaminant :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures