Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: theRAPeutic] * 1
    #19588048 - 02/19/14 12:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I always thought a thumbprint was thousands of hits at once.

I never second guessed that even. People do HUGE amounts of psychedelics sometimes.

I feel like a pussy going crazy from a quarter ounce of DMT and a half pound of mushrooms in a few months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Rhizohunter] * 1
    #19588070 - 02/19/14 12:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rhizohunter said:
I always thought a thumbprint was thousands of hits at once.

--
chinacat72 said:
Quote:

1)  What is thumbprinting? (sounds to me that it involves taking a high dose of LSD)

2)  What is the point of thumbprinting?

1. It's a little tradition were people who work with crystal stick there thumb in it and lick it off.  Dose can be from 50mg-1/2gram. My largest was probably around 1/10th of a gram, though whiterasta has me beat by far as do alot of people. A dose this size is like no other. It's a huge difference between taking a couple mgs. The so called saturation level of LSD is quickly toasted at this level. WR can explian this hypothesis better than me. It's also very exhausting and shattering. Something i'm glad I did, but wouldn't do again.

2. The point. It's mostly a ritual of trust.  The upper levels of the LSD network are not like any other. There's a level of dedication and trust between each other that isn't found elsewere. This is why the DEA has been so unsuccessful in busting it up. The purpose of a thumbprint is to make sure that someone is on the level and there heart is in the right place. It's a shattering experiance. To explain anymore I would have to get into the whole LSD family philosophy. Some of it is explained in this thread. If your interested read it, though it appears to have gotten kind of long. 
--
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1734494#1734494

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 3
    #19588084 - 02/19/14 12:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
No one seems to think it is ironic that the only place they have ever heard of this is from china cat. I read a lot of articles and even have read books on lsd and have had experience with it first hand. If it was a liquid, that means that the lsd was highly diluted before hand.

How is that ironic?

:lol:

--------------------

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: s240779]
    #19588098 - 02/19/14 12:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Another report of an accidental massive dose and a report of an intentional one.

--
I wonder, now that you're on the mend, about something icily terrifying you said awhile back, about the end of consciousness - coming up to that point in fear and trembling. I felt moved to comment on it at the time. It seemed like a viewpoint of psychic exhaustion. I saw it once after overdosing on a quarter million micrograms of acid at the Carousel Ballroom (NOT on purpose) in '69, which effectively marked paid to my acid career. Someone who has crawled naked across the Sahara doesn't spend much time in tanning parlors.
--
Robert Hunter of The Grateful Dead speaking to Terrence McKenna. A Dialog between Robert Hunter and Terrence McKenna

--
chinacat72 said:
Robert Hunter said he took 250,000mcg. or 1/4 gram This is verified by Bear and other Dead family.
10,000 mcg. is a sheet.
--
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/2588967#2588967

--
I was 19 years old when I decided to take what in effect perhaps is the largest dose of LSD ever taken to this day, a hundred thousand micrograms. And had one day of ecstasy and rapture; seven days of spiritual catastrophic nightmarish agony.
--
Film director-writer, James Toback, The Stoned Ages (documentary) (2011)

More info on that in the following Harvard Independent article: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5387192

OfflineShattered Reality
Stranger

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome]
    #19588220 - 02/19/14 01:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
No one seems to think it is ironic that the only place they have ever heard of this is from china cat. I read a lot of articles and even have read books on lsd and have had experience with it first hand. If it was a liquid, that means that the lsd was highly diluted before hand.

No man, Ive been using LSD since late 8th grade (1994) and on through highschool and the infamous thumbprint stories did circulate since. Im just saying that this phenomenon is far older than the shroomery. Also even if this is a neurotoxic dose...human beings are resliliant and can heal remarably if not miraculosy from far more dangerous things than giant LSD doses.

--------------------
All posts are fictitious and in no way to be taken seriously.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #19588307 - 02/19/14 01:43 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
So I was reading through reports on "heroic" doses of various substances and came across something linked with LSD called "thumb printing". After reading this I am almost certain that these people did not get nearly the amount that they thought they did. Claiming to have ingested at least 500 hits of lsd. This seems impossible to me. If you have ever done legitimate lsd it should seem pretty obvious that 500 hits of the real thing would ruin you for life. I don't believe these people's claims to have done that much. Don't take their advice, and don't do a amount even remotely close to this because you will be fried. I usually advocate the use of psychedelics as a tool for the mind, but condoning this kind of excess is irresponsible when these people haven't even come close to what they claim they have. I would like to hear the thoughts of the people who know what this is. I call bullshit.

It is not a hoax. Word is that in some of these hippie communities, taking the thumbprint dose is supposed to be some type of ritualistic, almost hazing type of thing.

Additionally, the come-up is supposed to be so intense that you literally shit your pants with feces as you start tripping. Then for a full week or so you are tripping balls, and go on an intense journey and see god and all your friends from the universe.

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Crystal G]
    #19588315 - 02/19/14 01:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

mindgnome said:
So I was reading through reports on "heroic" doses of various substances and came across something linked with LSD called "thumb printing". After reading this I am almost certain that these people did not get nearly the amount that they thought they did. Claiming to have ingested at least 500 hits of lsd. This seems impossible to me. If you have ever done legitimate lsd it should seem pretty obvious that 500 hits of the real thing would ruin you for life. I don't believe these people's claims to have done that much. Don't take their advice, and don't do a amount even remotely close to this because you will be fried. I usually advocate the use of psychedelics as a tool for the mind, but condoning this kind of excess is irresponsible when these people haven't even come close to what they claim they have. I would like to hear the thoughts of the people who know what this is. I call bullshit.

It is not a hoax. Word is that in some of these hippie communities, taking the thumbprint dose is supposed to be some type of ritualistic, almost hazing type of thing.

Additionally, the come-up is supposed to be so intense that you literally shit your pants with feces as you start tripping. Then for a full week or so you are tripping balls, and go on an intense journey and see god and all your friends from the universe.

Ya don't need a whole thumbprint for that to happen:tongue:

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #19588338 - 02/19/14 01:56 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I can't find the post but I read you feel it almost instantaneously and most likely start throwing up.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: theRAPeutic]
    #19588564 - 02/19/14 05:00 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

man OP clutched to his beliefs HARD.  ive never seen someone put up such a cognitive fight against so many countering opinions and info sources

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes]
    #19588577 - 02/19/14 05:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

In his defense, once you take a 10 strip or a wash-out it seems fucking ludicrous that somebody would or even could withstand a thumbprint.  In fact before this thread was started I kinda leaned heavily in his direction.  Figured it was all Chinacat's delusions of grandeur trying to cement his claim on the internet's psychedelic recordbook.
But a ten pound biscuit sops alot of gravy.  There are some fucking crazy heads out there.  And you bastards cited sources. :shrug:
Can't fucking argue with that.

--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #19588581 - 02/19/14 05:12 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Here is my question.  Didn't Grof find out that LSD has a saturation point?  Where is that point? When do you stop getting higher?

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
    #19588592 - 02/19/14 05:18 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheGreenArrow said:
And you bastards cited sources. :shrug:
Can't fucking argue with that.

we have good internet debating practice

Offlinemukhail
Creeper

Loc: Antarctica
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: memes] * 1
    #19588651 - 02/19/14 05:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is dildos.

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mukhail]
    #19588665 - 02/19/14 05:58 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:stonedjerk:

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#19588671 - 02/19/14 06:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I always guesstimated a thumbprint to be around 20 mg, equaling a couple hundred hits or so depending on the values you used to define a "dose".

As has been mentioned previously, that isn't a lethal dose, nor would it necessarily cause permanent damage.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinespazmodog
Male

#19588673 - 02/19/14 06:03 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

haha, people have been doing crazy fucked up shit since the beginning of time. nothing is safe

i would be really suprised if no-one had ever done a thumbprint

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: spazmodog]
    #19588690 - 02/19/14 06:16 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, I can honestly say I never though about it that way.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
    #19588706 - 02/19/14 06:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

me either, but it makes perfect sense

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #19588747 - 02/19/14 06:43 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

LSD used to be really cheap, and it used to be a lot easier to find people selling grams of crystal.  People used to eat thumbprints as a form of dick sizing.  It really doesn't make much sense as eating more LSD past a point has a ceiling effect (as already mentioned).  2 of my friends did thumbprints when they were touring with the dead.  I've also personally seen both of them eat entire sheets (though they did have a tolerance at the time.)  I personally think LSD is too damn expensive now to piss it away, but that's just my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #19588894 - 02/19/14 07:46 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:

Prior to the Shroomery I had never heard of a thumbprint, not even from the junkies and the acidheads here.

Overindulgence :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder