Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblelessismore
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Shroomism]
    #19587796 - 02/19/14 12:50 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

max I've taken is 16 hits with a little tolerance, or 8-9 with no tolerance

took a few weeks/months to come down fully

have since taken 1 hit(dalai lama) that was more intense than the 16hits trip (merging with everything the whole trip, 10 hours)

less is often more :-)
there seems to be a dose where serotonin gets saturated, some say 1200ug, some say 2000ug or so
it should be tehre somewhere

more would just give longer trip likely

a thumbprint would probably take a few months to come back from/deal with, I imagine it would take a lifetime to deal with

even 2-3 strong hits can take a lifetime to deal with, egodeath
but people usually don't regret, they wish they had done it earlier

high doses are no joke, but if you got what it takes you will come down
that is why they test you with a thumbprint I've heard :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Loc: Somewhere
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TrentBoyett]
    #19587799 - 02/19/14 12:51 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I bet it wasn't pure. There is no way those "thumbprints" are 100 percent pure because a hit of acid is literally a grain of sand. How many grains of sand fit on your thumb. I am starting to sound like a asshole, which I am not, so I will stop arguing now.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

InvisibleTrentBoyett
Aspiring Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
    #19587804 - 02/19/14 12:52 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
:goodluckwiththat2:

My brother's uncle's best friend's second mother took too much acid one time, and saw an orange.. ever since then he's been stuck in a corner and will scream in terror whenever someone comes near him and say not to peel him and he thinks everyone is trying to juice him and turn him into orange juice.. He's never been the same since.

I lol'd!

Invisiblepeace of mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TrentBoyett] * 1
    #19587807 - 02/19/14 12:53 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:  :dontspillme:

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 1
    #19587809 - 02/19/14 12:53 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I don't even trust the LD50s for stuff like 2C-B. Hell, I didn't know we had LD50s for a lot of that stuff. We're talking about animal testing, which can be practically dismissed in this territory, according to chinacat's explanation, quoted above. I would imagine that thumbprint-level doses of most psychedelic drugs can be taken without intrinsic harm (imagine 100,000 mg of psilocybin?).

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome]
    #19587824 - 02/19/14 12:58 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Just for the record I think psychedelics are a great thing. I like natural things more than man made things though. I sort of do have something against acid though because first off, the people who sell it are deceiving and say it is good when it is completely a different chemical from lsd and also a lot of people take it just so they can say they took it and say it is fun. It is a fucking psychedelic. Idk, I just get pissed at how these things will never be taken into society seriously to help people because pop culture is like "ohhh lets trip out maaaaan" when they don't even know what the hell it means to find happiness, or what it means to actually have a worthwhile experience.

--------------------
"As I walk on through troubled times my spirit gets so downhearted sometimes so where are the strong and who are the trusted? And where is the harmony? Sweet harmony. Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry. What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?" - Nick Lowe

"Psychedelic drugs don't change you - they don't change your character - unless you want to be changed. They enable change; they can't impose it...” - Sasha Shulgin

Edited by mindgnome (02/19/14 12:59 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: lessismore] * 1
    #19587826 - 02/19/14 12:58 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I already abused the fuck out of LSD as much as was possible for me in my 20s. I've taken thousands of hits. 
Now I'm just whatever, I haven't even seen it in 2 years. I'll do it whenever it pops up. But I'm not taking it every day like I used to. 

Whatever "damage" was done is done.. I don't feel any less from it. I don't regret anything.
Yes you can get "fried" from taking way too much acid too often. I have witnessed it, experienced it myself to some degree after dosing constantly for 3 months straight. I was a bit spacy for 6 months or so. But I recovered.

But yeah, that tends to happen when you warp your entire perception of reality for multiple days / weeks at a time... it takes a while to get back to "baseline". True for anything but especially for a powerful mind-altering chemical like LSD.

I absolutely do not for one second believe that LSD causes permanent chromosome or brain damage or limits cognitive abilities like some people claim. Any "spacey" after-effects are for the most part completely temporary and even after extremely heavy binges and doses your normal perception does eventually return to baseline. In my experience and from the people I've been around.

I will hold one exception for that and that may be someone under a heavy dose and experiencing a very traumatic event or similar could suffer from longterm issues or PTSD or whatnot.

--------------------

Offlinemindgnome
Wanderer

#19587836 - 02/19/14 01:01 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I will actually say psychedelics are less harmful than any legal drug you can buy. When I first started doing drugs I did cough medicine at least 80 times and that definitely is still something I recover from.

--------------------

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Breathing down your neck Flag
    #19587868 - 02/19/14 01:09 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
Just for the record I think psychedelics are a great thing. I like natural things more than man made things though. I sort of do have something against acid though because first off, the people who sell it are deceiving and say it is good when it is completely a different chemical from lsd and also a lot of people take it just so they can say they took it and say it is fun. It is a fucking psychedelic. Idk, I just get pissed at how these things will never be taken into society seriously to help people because pop culture is like "ohhh lets trip out maaaaan" when they don't even know what the hell it means to find happiness, or what it means to actually have a worthwhile experience.

LSD synthesized by a human in 1943

Nothing natural about that my friend lol..maybe ergot:shrug:

Idk I'm trying LSD for the first time this Friday

--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

#19587890 - 02/19/14 01:16 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

LSD is far from the "riskiest" traditional psychedelic out there.  In fact I'd argue that its the safest.  Sounds like you've been swallowing the rhetoric, acid is actually the most well researched of all psychedelics.  There is no more potential for risk than say psilocybin or DMT.

--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: TheGreenArrow] * 1
    #19587906 - 02/19/14 01:20 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheGreenArrow said:
LSD is far from the "riskiest" traditional psychedelic out there.  In fact I'd argue that its the safest.  Sounds like you've been swallowing the rhetoric, acid is actually the most well researched of all psychedelics.  There is no more potential for risk than say psilocybin or DMT.

Very true, exactly what my point is.. I'm not saying LSD is or isn't safe, but i do know that ergot is dangerous, one small fuck up on a chemists part can kill.. Not saying that people need to be worried about every hit they take, but at least have it in the back of your mind that there is an "ultimate" risk in ingesting chemicals, whose creator and process is almost always unknown.. A fun russian roulette of sorts

--------------------

i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#19587913 - 02/19/14 01:22 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
I was pointing out that research chemicals have a extremely lower ld50. I have read a lot of books including Stanislav Grof so I'm no dummy.

What research drugs are we talking about?

I'd argue that any well researched drug is safe.  Also IMO LSD could still be considered a research drug.  I can't think of any drugs that are done being researched.

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #19587917 - 02/19/14 01:23 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

mindgnome said:
I was pointing out that research chemicals have a extremely lower ld50. I have read a lot of books including Stanislav Grof so I'm no dummy.

What research drugs are we talking about?

I'd argue that any well researched drug is safe.  Also IMO LSD could still be considered a research drug.  I can't think of any drugs that are done being researched.

Luv baby... Luuuuv

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#19587932 - 02/19/14 01:28 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
I will actually say psychedelics are less harmful than any legal drug you can buy. When I first started doing drugs I did cough medicine at least 80 times and that definitely is still something I recover from.

I'm sorry but you're not cut out for this.  I'm not sure if you're dramatic or just very sensitive.  I'd consider microdoses if you have had trouble with typical LSD doses.  There is no shame in that.  I take alot of very small doses when I am feeling addled.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#19587935 - 02/19/14 01:29 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:

you think this now, but your view will change over time and you will look back at this post and blush :blush:

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: mindgnome] * 2
    #19587955 - 02/19/14 01:33 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:

Come on, how old are you bud?

I think i just heard mom coming down the stairs, quick ! turn off your computer quick!!

--------------------

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

#19587982 - 02/19/14 01:41 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I've seen the video you're talking about but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. There was a TON of bs fear mongering and propaganda about LSD in that video...

InvisibleDr.Dankhead
Uhh...doctor gonzo?
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: theRAPeutic] * 1
    #19588012 - 02/19/14 01:48 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

theRAPeutic said:
I've seen the video you're talking about but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. There was a TON of bs fear mongering and propaganda about LSD in that video...

Who are you talking to, OP?

--------------------

InvisibleTrentBoyett
Aspiring Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Dr.Dankhead] * 1
    #19588016 - 02/19/14 01:50 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Dankhead said:
Quote:

theRAPeutic said:

Who are you talking to, OP?

[Re: mindgnome]

InvisibletheRAPeutic
Hueman
Male

Re: I feel thumbprinting is a completely hoax. [Re: Dr.Dankhead] * 1
    #19588043 - 02/19/14 02:01 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mindgnome said:
Not quite. One of the DEA agents that was involved with the Picard(sp?) lsd lab actually ingested hundreds of thousands of hits. He shaved his neck before handling all of the lsd and the fumes went through his freshly opened pores. He had ingested some ridiculous quantity of lsd. He was rushed to the hospital and started having seizures and convulsions. He actually did recover quite well but he cannot read because it impaired his focus so much. It was part of a video I watched. Sorry for no source I can't seem to find it. So while you say that it didn't harm people, that is sort of relative. It might not have killed them, but it permanently effected their brain function, I guarantee that. Also my aunt who was a doctor in the 70's saw a lot of people go crazy from doing too much. I am not trying to sound like a anti-psychedelics person but acid is definitely the riskiest traditional psychedelic you can ingest. Research psychedelics are worse though because the ld50 is so much lower on rc's.

I was responding to this nonsense, LOL!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder