Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Parents Tell Bush: 'You Lied and Our Sons Died'
    #1957954 - 09/27/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

'You lied, they died,' US parents tell Bush

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
Saturday September 27, 2003

The Guardian

The father of a soldier killed in Iraq accused President George Bush yesterday of being responsible for his son's death.

Fernando Suarez, whose 20-year-old son, Jesus, was one of the first fatalities, said: "My son died because Bush lied."

Mr Suarez, from Escondido, California, speaking at a press conference to publicise tomorrow's anti-war demonstrations in eight US cities, said that about 1,300 parents of troops stationed in Iraq were involved in a movement against the oc cupation. "It is time for these troops to come home," said Mr Suarez. "Neither my wife nor my family want more children to die in this illegal war. We are no less patriotic for wanting peace. Bush wants $87bn [?52m] for this war, but what does he give us for our schools?" he asked.

In another sign of the growing protest movement, the father of two soldiers serving in Iraq used a full page advertisement in yesterday's New York Times to demand the sacking of the US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld.

The ad accused President Bush and his administration of misleading the public about weapons of mass destruction.

"Donald Rumsfeld Betrayed My Sons and Our Nation. It's Time For Him to Go," said the headline of the ad, which was signed by Larry Syverson from Richmond, Virginia.

The ad was paid for by MoveOn.org, an internet-based organisation in San Francisco, and the Win Without War coalition. It is not known how much they paid for the ad, but the market rate is $139,000 (?83,700).

Mr Syverson wrote that one son, Branden, is a master gun ner near Tikrit and another son, Bryce, is a gunner based in Baghdad.

"I'm in awe at the courage of my sons and the honourable service that they give," he wrote. "But the leaders they serve have not acted honourably. They have failed my sons. They have failed all of us. At the very least, secretary Donald Rumsfeld must go."

The ad coincides with a fall in President Bush's approval ratings, which have slipped below 50% for the first time since September 11 2001.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Parents Tell Bush: 'You Lied and Our Sons Died' [Re: Zahid]
    #1958547 - 09/28/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
'You lied, they died,' US parents tell Bush

Duncan Campbell in Los Angeles
Saturday September 27, 2003

The Guardian

The father of a soldier killed in Iraq accused President George Bush yesterday of being responsible for his son's death.

Fernando Suarez, whose 20-year-old son, Jesus, was one of the first fatalities, said: "My son died because Bush lied."

OMG JESUS IS DEAD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote:

Zahid said:
Bush wants $87bn [?52m] for this war, but what does he give us for our schools?" he asked.

It is not known how much they paid for the ad, but the market rate is $139,000 (?83,700).

That 139 grand might of helped that guys school, but hell lets give to a newspaper for no reason at all.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Parents Tell Bush: 'You Lied and Our Sons Died' [Re: d33p]
    #1958795 - 09/28/03 03:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sure won't help as much as that 87 billion would tho...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Parents Tell Bush: 'You Lied and Our Sons Died' [Re: Zahid]
    #1959046 - 09/28/03 05:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hooray for this article :smile:

:thumbup: for this article
:thumbdown: for bush n friends

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Parents Tell Bush: 'You Lied and Our Sons Died' [Re: Strumpling]
    #1959130 - 09/28/03 07:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There's a link to the ad mentioned in the article here.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion