Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescribs18
Stranger
First time hunt int Bangor, Maine.
    #1957592 - 09/27/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Last night me and a few buddies of mine went shroom hunting for the first time. We went to this farm that was about 10 minutes away from my house. We get there with flashlights in hand and some plastic baggies. We hope over this electric fence that is used to keep the cows in and we proceed to scatter and start our hunt. We really didn't know wether to look in fresh, old, semi old cow shit or anything. I logicly assumed that they would be around and or in some of the older patties. I looked for a while and came across a nice shroom about 2 inches in hieght with a purple cap( it was bell shaped)and very light stem. The gills looked mostly black and then sprouting into the same purple on the cap. I found many of these same shrooms on other patties. I also flipped some over revealing what looked like some of the same shrooms only way young. Could someone give me some information on some actives in Maine?? And also the season is it right for hunting?? I have tried to look for information on actives and other information on shrooms in Maine. I have found that there are two actives they would be: Psilocybe caerulipes and Panaeolus papilionaceus. It seems to me that i have may stumbled upoun some Panaeolus papilionaceus's. Its probably wrong but its a newbies guestimate. Anyways Im going back tonight to search and i will have a print later on. Hope Someone can enlighten me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: First time hunt int Bangor, Maine. [Re: scribs18]
    #1957670 - 09/27/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

that description is rather mediocre but sounds like it may be a Panaeolus. i dont know of any cow dung inhabiting mushrooms that are active and grow in maine, but from your description it could be P. papilonaceus, which is NOT active. the purple however is not characteristic of any Panaeolus that i know of. most panaeolus have a brown/gray/tan/black cap. a few have nearly white caps. none have PURPLE caps. the spore prints are always dark BLACK when strong.

again: P. papilionaceus is NOT active. you could of found something else like Psilocybe coprophila, which is also not active. your description must be better for an id. tadah.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: First time hunt int Bangor, Maine. [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1957692 - 09/27/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

sounds more like a coprinus

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: First time hunt int Bangor, Maine. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1957871 - 09/27/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Got a pic? Purple seems wway off- some people have lots of trouble with color ID'ing- esp. newbies.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: First time hunt int Bangor, Maine. [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1957877 - 09/27/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Also sounds like you may need a trip to the shroomery FAQ. This I say with helpfullness- not being contrary man. You will find that he default active for states that yeild no actives in lists is Panaeolus Subbalteatus- which is the ONLY active panaeolus you will find in Maine. Look for liberty caps if you have any sense at all- you stand a real tremendous chance of finding them.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract