Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIMTRIPPINOUT
i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns
    #1957808 - 09/27/03 07:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

so can someone tell me if its true that aborts have just as much magic power as full growwn mushies kinda curious i wanna know if i have enough for three people?most of the aborts are very little like a half inch to an inch any input would be great!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: IMTRIPPINOUT]
    #1957818 - 09/27/03 07:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

aborts actually contain more active alkaloids than their mature fruits. That means you'll trip harder of 3 g's of aborts than 3 g's of fully matured mushrooms. Thats alot of aborts... BE CAREFUL!!!  :nut: :mushroom2: 

Anonymous

Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: IMTRIPPINOUT]
    #1957948 - 09/27/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

aborts are just as potent if not more than mature fruits..you just get a lot less weight outta a half inch abort than a 6" + mature fruit

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: Psilopleix]
    #1959335 - 09/28/03 12:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There is no evidence ive ever seen that demonstrated that aborts somehow contained more alkaloids than other fruits - it doesnt make sense.
If we assume that the alkaloids are present and produced to protect the fruit hrough its growth cycle until sporelation, why would the mycelia funnell all the tryptophan converted alkaloids into the bodies that are not going to produce spoers and are effectively dead?
Ive never noticed any difference and im pretty sure most of the experienced campaigners here would err on the side of caution here.
If there is a difference, and i doubt it, it would be neglible considering cubensis relative low potency.

--------------------

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1959552 - 09/28/03 01:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well, in my own experience with aborts, they SEEM to be significantly more potent. here are some details:

i once ate 1.25g of aborts and tripped nicely (level 3 - about the strength of 3 - 3.5g of mature fruit) for 6 hours with excellent visuals and auditory hallucinations.

and to try to prove that they are in fact more potent, i once ate 0.2g of aborts just to see if anything would happen. 0.2g is not even at the threshold for a p.cubensis dose, yet the 0.2g of aborts had me TRIPPING for a good 3-4 hours. i didn't get visuals, per say, but from only eating a tiny pinch of mushrooms, i was quite surprised.... i wasn't expecting ANYTHING at all from such a weak dose.

and, to make it clear, i do Not have a low tolerance for psychedelics, so i can believe my results without concern. based on my two experiences with aborts, it seems certain that they are more potent by weight when compared to their mature counterparts. however, i cannot back my findings scientifically - but i'd like to know the results.

peace.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #1959643 - 09/28/03 02:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Psilopliex has it right. 2g of aborts is stronger than 2g of fully grown shrooms. Might be a good idea to dry them all and make a powder out of the entire thing to mix it all up.

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: StrongBad]
    #1959660 - 09/28/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

pwdering is the only way to eat mush imo...and ihave had the same experiences with aborts...might all be a mental thing, but i ate 2 grams of aborts and tripped like i ate 3.5 of matures so i dunno, and i have dont this many times with the aborts and with matures and aborts always seem to kick my ass harder.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #1962202 - 09/29/03 10:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Lengthy discussion on this topic

It has been debated on for a long long time. In the end, I don't think anyone Really Knows.

OfflineLateForTheFuture
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1962264 - 09/29/03 10:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its a conspiracy....

--------------------

OfflineMykeOfile
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
Re: i heard that aborts have just as much magic power as bigns [Re: LateForTheFuture]
    #1962556 - 09/29/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

this is how i had it understood, the less mature the mushroom, then more potent it is, mushrooms with unbroken veils r more potent per size/weight that fully opened mushrooms, and pins r more potent then them, i read this somewhere in the MMGG when junebug was just a newb. and i must say that i have gone into a trip not accountting for the fact that the aborts would be more potent, and ended up flipping my shits, so i would say that they r more powerful, but definately not less powerful

--------------------
u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation